Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Under the sun

Ellory hated her mother's boring parties. Only boring, upper-class purebloods got invited, and Ellory certainly did not want to be among them. She would much more prefer to spend her time in the library, with her friends, than at this stupid party. She was going to tell her mother she was ill, but her house elf changed her mind. The stupid creature told her that it was a honour to be invited to an event hosted by the Lestranges. Then again, that particular house elf was practically in love with the Lestranges. Ellory was sure that if they told him to jump off a cliff he would do it without even thinking over it.

At least Cash was going to be there. And Regan and Aoife. And maybe some other pureblood person she was fond of. That party couldn't be that bad, right? Besides, a Solar Eclipse would surely be something interesting to watch. She had learnt about them during her Astronomy class and Anstronomy had always been one of her favourite classes. Ellory took a big breath and tried to look at least sligthly excited.

OUTFIT

template by emily
    http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc48...ssius1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; width:400px; height: 350px; border:1px solid #333333;">

Cassius Lestrange
    :I feel like, I would like to be somewhere else doing something that matters and I'll admit here, while I sit here my mind wastes away and my doubts start to gather

Cassius' goals for the evening were as such: take advantage of the good food, take note of the eclipse, and try to avoid family members he disliked. At least it was better than being in school and, as much as he was loathe to admit it, around Eli, who still seemed awkward around him.

Cash had gotten a glass of butterbeer and was searching for Ellory, although Aoife and Regan or Valerian would have been okay too. Finally he found his favorite cousin, who looked about as excited as he was.

Cash sauntered up to her and grinned. "At least the refreshments are good. I mean, there's never drinks in our regular Astronomy class."

I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]

A huge grin appeared on her face when she heard Cassius's voice. Her cousin had always been her favourite relative of of the Lestrange family. He and maybe her little cousin, Seneca. The rest of them were freaks, boring and snobbish and Ellory loathed the days she had to spend time with them. She felt glad that she got sorted into the Gryffindor house and not in Slytherin, because then she would have to deal with Valeria, Lysistrata and Tiberius every single day.

" They are indeed good!" Ellory agreed with a small hint of happiness in her voice. She liked the juice served, it was suprisingly refreshing and Ellory suspected that magic was used to keep the nice taste. " The pastries are also pretty good. And the lemon pie. Have you tasted it, yet?"

Ellory suspected that some sort of a meal would be served once the evening approached. She didn't want to eat with a bunch of strangers, because she would have to be extremely polite and proper. She hated the ettiquette about eating, because all these rules made her lose her apetite.

OUTFIT

template by emily
    http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc48...ssius1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; width:400px; height: 350px; border:1px solid #333333;">

Cassius Lestrange
    :I feel like, I would like to be somewhere else doing something that matters and I'll admit here, while I sit here my mind wastes away and my doubts start to gather

"Pastries?" he said. "No, not yet. They do look delicious, though..." He licked his lips thoughtfully. Cash was sometimes a black hole for food; side effect of spending so much of his time doing athletic things, he supposed.

"Do you know what we're having for actual dinner? I assume that the house elves are doing something great," he said. Cash liked house elves, in an abstract sort of way. They made wading through his room easier, and could be used for private missions once you learned how to tackle all loopholes in the orders. It was surely a talent.

"Your mother sure can throw a party," he commented, blinking at the purebloods walking around them. His mother didn't even talk very much.

set by MJ!

" I don't really know." Ellory replied with a shrug. Their dinner would most likely be something light, to match the nature of the party. They surely couldn't eat lobsters and turkeys in a garden party, but cucumber sandwiches wouldn't be suitable either. Ellory suspected lots of vegetables and maybe chicken.

Ellory's lips formed a small smile at Cash's comment. " Yeah, she is such a party-animal." Ellory commented and chuckled. Her mother was a great organizer, she could not deny it, but she didn't really know how to have fun. She barely smiled, actually. Well, she did smile, but her smiles were fake ones and Ellory had rarely seen her mother smile because she was truly happy.

" I can't wait for the eclipse. I am pretty sure it is going to be an amazing experience." Ellory said and looked at the sky, most particularly at the sun.

Cassius Lestrange

"It's a talent," he said, thinking how his talent was almost certainly Quidditch. Ellory's was either trouble, or being happy, or something. He wasn't really sure; unfortunately, their different houses meant that he didn't know Ellory's hobbies as well as he could have otherwise.

He beamed at her. "It'll be brilliant," he said. "How often do eclipses happen? I've never heard of one actually happening in Hogsmeade before, at least not since we were kids." Of course, as a rule, Cash didn't pay attention to things unless they directly involved him.

set by MJ!

Ellory struggled to remember what their Astronomy professor told them about eclipses. The Gryffindor always enjoyed Astronomy, unlike other students, but she always had a trouble remembering things said in class. Sometimes her teachers told her that she seemed ready to sleep during class, if she was not talking to one of her classmates. When Grip was still with them, she would talk to him, but after he got expelled Ellory didn't really have someone to talk with.

" I think Professor Knox told us they happed every fifty years or something. I may be wrong, though." Ellory replied to Cash.

OUTFIT

template by emily

Cassius Lestrange

"Oh," he said. "That's very impressive. We'll be old by the time the next one happens, then." Well, comparatively old. Wizards usually lived over a hundred years, in fifty he and Ellory would be in their prime.

In fifty years, he'd be an adult. "Augh, we'll be married and stuff by then," he said. He wasn't sure how he felt about that. He couldn't see himself with some pureblood bint and a desk job, although he knew that regardless of anything else the first part would be required. He wondered if he and Eli would still be friends by then. He couldn't imagine anything differently...

set by MJ!

Ellory nodded. " Indeed." She would probably be married to some distant cousin, with three or four children and even grandchilden. Ellory was not looking forward to that, but she could be lucky enough to marry someone who loved adventures and travelling. Not all purebloods were boring. Cash was a pureblood and he was fun. Regan too.

" You do you think that will be my husband?" Ellory asked Cash nonchalantly. Middle class people were so lucky that they could marry whoever they wanted. They had a much wider variety of people they could marry. Purebloods, on the other hand had limited options. " I guess it'll be a Bulstrode. Or a Malfoy, or a Greengrass, or a Blishwick." these were the only pureblood families Ellory could think of.

OUTFIT

template by emily

Cassius Lestrange

"I don't really know of anyone on the betrothal market," he admitted. "Aren't all the Malfoys women? I'd say Tiberius but I don't think your mother is fond of him," he said. "Probably one of those others, though."

"Who do you think for me? I haven't heard of any purebloods fitting my father's requirements," he said, shrugging. "I guess we won't know until we're actually betrothed." That kind of sucked.

set by MJ!

Ellory only knew of Brynn Malfoy, who was in the same year as her, although the two had never really spoken to each other. She made a grimace when Cash mentioned Tiberius, she was never fond of her older cousin. " I am so glad that my mother is not fond of him." she said and sighed. " Imagine being married to him. It would be a nightmare!"

She examined Cash for a minute, wondering what kind of wife his father would concider perfect for him. " I suppose your wife will be four or five years younger than you." she finally said. Upper class parents always had this obsession of finding extremly old husbands for their daughters!

OUTFIT

template by emily

Cassius Lestrange

"Ugh," Cash said, "I must say I pity whoever gets stuck with him." Living in the same house as Tiberius was bad enough. Cassius was just waiting for the day that his elder cousin snapped and killed a dozen people, at which point he would scream 'I told you so!' from the rooftops.

Cash made another face. "Eurgh, so pretty much a firstie," he said. "That's unfortunate." First years were, in Cash's opinion, sort of annoying. "Well," he said, "Valeria and Rosalind aren't betrothed yet, right? So we should have a while yet."

They should. Of course, that didn't mean they did. Whatever.

set by MJ!

Ellory doubted that they were that safe. Valeria and Rosalind were not betrothed yet (or at least she thought they were not), but that did not mean anything. " Both of your younger sisters are betrothed, though." Ellory reminded Cash. It seemed odd that Cornelia and Seneca were already betrothed when Valeria was not.

She moved her eyes around, trying to spot her two younger cousins. " Isn't it rather weird that Cornelia is betrothed to my brother Will and Seneca to our cousin Germander?" She was not supposed to feel that way, but she did. Where their parents too lazy to find a husband for the girls who was not their cousin?

Suddenly, a huge smile grew on her lips. " Cash, what if we are betrothed?" she asked the Ravenclaw and then started laughing quietly.

OUTFIT

template by emily

Cassius Lestrange

Cash shrugged. "They've been betrothed since, like, birth," he said. That wasn't completely correct, he thought, but it seemed that way. "And yeah, it's a little bit odd if you think about it sometimes. Keeps things... pure, though."

He wasn't a blood purist. He wasn't a blood traitor, either, though.

Cash snorted. "That would be interesting," he said. It was too bad she was so close in age to him; they would have tolerated each other's oddities very well. Too bad.

set by MJ!

Ellory wouldn't mind being Cash's wife. She never viewed her cousin as something more than a friend, but the thought of being his wife was just too funny. They would most likely be the most irresponsible parents in the whole world. They were close in age, though, so that would never happen. Her mother would never accept to see her married to someone too close to her age, unless that someone was the king of a country or something.

Suddenly, one tall dark haired man appeared, with a beautiful brunette by his side. " Oh, good day, Mr Yaxley, Mrs Yaxley." Ellory greeted the couple with an awkward smile. What on earth did that old man wanted now? " I do not believe you have met my wife, dear Miss Pendergast?" the man said and Ellory looked at Cash. It seemed that they had to part ways.

Ellory nodded at Cash and then she started walking with Mr Yaxley and his wife, who, was apparently called Phoebe. She pretended that she listened to the things he said, until her own mother arrived, in order to scold her for her lack of interest, when they were both interrupted by Regan. Ellory would never expect what kind of news he was going to announce them.

OUTFIT

template by emily