Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

My sad, sorry souls
    ★★★★ | LCMB | Incoming Fifth Year, Hufflepuff

Caoimhe hails from the Emerald Isle. She is a lower class muggleborn witch and niece/ward of @Ezra Fairclough. Her education at Hogwarts will be coming to a close after she takes her OWLs in May 1888. She is kind, enthusiastic, unpolished, and a little self-conscious despite her sometimes brash manner. She has a love and fascination for the wizarding world that she could hardly begin to explain to anyone who has grown up knowing it all their lives. Caoimhe has #gryffinpuff traits.

CAOIMHE IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF...
    Friends! Caoimhe could really use some friends. Seriously. I think everyone she threaded when she was last active are inactive characters (except Andrew Bingham). Caoimhe doesn’t really have issues with class or blood, but she’s probably more likely to have friends from the lower and middle classes. It’s nothing against UC students – she’s just kind of intimidated by them, I think. But she has had nearly five years to adjust, so UC friends are welcome too. xD;

That Stupid Boy! There's a lonely plot for that. ;)

Lady Heroes! Caoimhe is big into women's rights and also an admirer of influential women within the wizarding community. Do you have a woman who could likely make an impression on Caoimhe (i.e., prominent female Ministry employees, lady Quidditch players)? Let me know! Caoimhe would likely send fan mail and stuff. xD;

Additional Helpful Stuff! She is taking CoMC, Divination, & Muggle Studies for her OWLs and she’s in the Art, Flying, & Garden clubs. She is also a bit of an activist (women’s rights, half-breed rights, etc).

★★★★★ | UCPB | Incoming Sixth Year, Hufflepuff

Joseph is coming into his sixth year at Hogwarts. He’s a big Quidditch buff and probably a fan of some professional team (I should probably figure that out). He dreams of becoming a professional Quidditch player, but his dream is unlikely to come to fruition as his father expects him to find a job at the Ministry upon graduation. Joseph is a pretty amiable guy, overall, and while he isn’t necessarily a blood purist, he does feel superior to muggles and muggleborns. He tries to keep this side of him on the down-low at school, but it probably weasels out every now and then. Joseph has #slytherpuff traits.

JOSEPH IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF...
    Friends! As I said, Joseph’s pretty friendly overall. He’d be most likely to associate with those of the upper class, purebloods and halfbloods alike, though he wouldn’t necessarily avoid those of the MC and LC either. He could probably do with some friends who are super into Quidditch, too. He’d probably totally overlook social class (and maybe even their muggleborn-ness) if the person was super into Quidditch. #quidditchconquersall

Ladies! Joseph is cute, okay? He’s a good looking dude. Girls should totes be crushing on him.

Additional Helpful Stuff! He will be taking Ancient Studies, Charms, DADA, Divination, Earth Magic, Herbology, & Transfiguration for his NEWTs and he’s in the Flying, & Quidditch clubs.

★★★★★ | MCPB | Incoming Seventh Year, Slytherin

Gladiolus is a London-born wizard, whose family owns and runs Sprout's Tea Leaves & Shoppe on Diagon Alley in London. Glad is a polite but quiet young man. His shy nature often leads people to believe he's aloof, but if one takes the time to know him, they'll find he's quite friendly. His passion is tea and everything related to it. He loves teacups and also designs and paints teacups (he'll eventually progress to tea pots, too, I'm sure). His other hobbies include astronomy, art, and reading books.

GLAD IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF...
    Friends! Gladdy needs friends. He has no issues with making friends of any blood or class. He also needs a BFF! This could easily be a boy or girl, though if it was a girl, it would have to be a girl he grew up knowing since his childhood (think toddler years, yo). His guy friends are more than welcome to tease him about his fascination with tea and tea cups – and his hobby of painting tea cups. Totally up to you.

That Girl! Gladdy likes someone. Obviously, he hasn't confessed to it – and might not ever because he's just that shy –, but he signed up for Divination as one of his OWL electives, just to be in another class with her (and he totally bombed it, btw). She could easily be a girl in his year, or maybe a girl who graduated and debuted in May (← this idea is my favorite, lol). I'm pretty open to stuff. xD

Additional Helpful Stuff! He is taking Astronomy, Alchemy, Charms, Herbology, Potions, & Transfiguration for his NEWTs and he’s in the Art, Astronomy, Book, & Garden clubs.

★★★★★ | MCHB | Auror

Chester is a Slytherin alumnus, graduating in 1880. He joined the auror program and became a full-fledged auror in 1883. After the death of his cousin Bentley in the Fire of ‘83, Chester has struggled with alcoholism, though his habits are nowhere near as bad as they had been. He is a friendly man, overall, and has a tendency to frequent the Three Broomsticks when he's not at work. He has, sadly, slowly started to backslide into old drinking habits.

CHESTER IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF...
    Co-workers! Chester needs to establish some relationships with his fellow co-workers in the Auror Office. I know there are lots of aurors! How would your auror likely feel about/interact with Chet? x}

Friends! Chester needs some bros, yo! Chester is genial and sociable. Friends he could have made at school, in the Ministry,a or even at the Three Broomsticks are welcome! Just give him some friends, please!

Hurlables! Chester is eligible. Very eligible. He's 25; he's an established auror; and he's rather handsome, I daresay. His one problem is that he acts like he's not interested in the prospect of marriage. But he's totally lonely. Ladies 18-24 MCAB or already desperate UCAB ladies welcome. :)

Additional Helpful Stuff! Chester totally had a crush on a girl during his Hogwarts year and she digged him too. Shortly after Bentley's death, Chet screwed it all up by putting the moves on her while drunk. This kind of haunts him now.

★★★★ | UCHB | Silent Partner of Dervish & Banges

Calvin is a 1862 Ravenclaw alumnus. He was born in the middle class, but due to a successful speculation, he brought his family and himself up into the upper class in 1873. Many thought that he would fall back to the middle class, or worse, but Calvin has proven to be quite the businessman! However, he is rather quiet, awkward, and tends to keep to himself.

CALVIN IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF...
    Friends! Just a few select friends, really. I think he'd likely have one or two close friends from Hogwarts, most likely middle class. And maybe he's made a good upper class friend since joining their ranks. These men would likely be around his age (41-45).

Haters! Considering Calvin is of the nouveau riche upper class, I imagine that certain upper class families don't look on him or his daughters fondly. Maybe they feel like the Huntleys have intruded in their ranks?

More to come!

OWLs: CoMC & Ghoul Studies. Clubs: Potions & Dueling.

This precious set is by MJ!

PitaPata Cat tickers

@January Lynch took Divinition, if you feel she'd work for Glad's crush. And as I said yesterday, Owain and Munny could totally be buddies with Glad. I probably also have people that could work as friends and/or whatever else you need for Joseph and Caoimhe, my networking is up to date except for @Tobin Cartwright if you want to take a gander!
    1/8 vampire, has a light dash of a French accent
    PLAY TRISTAN'S ROMANTIC INTEREST/BAD INFLUENCE
    [Image: mBgvze.png]
    [Image: fbG6udO.png][Image: IVbwHN.png][Image: AnQ1s0Z.png]
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Glad and @Margaret Rawlinson both live in London, they could have met somehow when they were little (parks are public, perhaps that?). I'd love to give more for Margaret, and a best friend would be nice.
    I have three incoming fifth years that could be friends with Caoimhe - @Mozelle Rios, @Joanna Triggs, and Sinéad O'Luain, who is a Ravenclaw and untaggable because I named her that way, haha. They're all upper class, but the only one who might not be a good friend for her is Sinéad, because while she she's a nice girl she can be a bit stuck up. Mozelle is a half-Italian, half-Spanish halfblood whose parents spent a weird amount of time with her as a child and just got a new baby brother over the summer, while Joanna's a muggleborn, and the niece of the director of Hogsmeade Hospital. Neither Hufflepuff shares an OWL elective with her, however.

As for your Slytherin, if he'd be interested in tutoring anyone in his final year, I've got @Constance Huntingtower, an incoming second year whose not exactly that confident and doesn't have many friends.
    Mozelle speaks with hints of a Spanish accent
    Elective Courses: Arithmancy, Music

[Image: KvpXawF.jpg]
    Mozelle needs her parents and their servants
    (08-19-2017, 03:54 PM)Tristan Michaud Wrote: @January Lynch took Divinition, if you feel she'd work for Glad's crush. And as I said yesterday, Owain and Munny could totally be buddies with Glad. I probably also have people that could work as friends and/or whatever else you need for Joseph and Caoimhe, my networking is up to date except for @Tobin Cartwright if you want to take a gander!
    Ooh! January might work. Do you think we could test the waters with them, see if there's a spark? ;)

Yes to Glad, Munny, and Owain being bros! XD

Also, I thought it might be fun to thread Mundy and Caoimhe together since her uncle did elope with the MacFusty governess. XD

(08-19-2017, 04:13 PM)Acacia Ruskin Wrote: Glad and @Margaret Rawlinson both live in London, they could have met somehow when they were little (parks are public, perhaps that?). I'd love to give more for Margaret, and a best friend would be nice.
    Worse case scenario, they'd be childhood buddies. X3 I'd like to see how they might interact together first. >3

(08-19-2017, 04:18 PM)Mozelle Rios Wrote: I have three incoming fifth years that could be friends with Caoimhe - @Mozelle Rios, @Joanna Triggs, and Sinéad O'Luain, who is a Ravenclaw and untaggable because I named her that way, haha. They're all upper class, but the only one who might not be a good friend for her is Sinéad, because while she she's a nice girl she can be a bit stuck up. Mozelle is a half-Italian, half-Spanish halfblood whose parents spent a weird amount of time with her as a child and just got a new baby brother over the summer, while Joanna's a muggleborn, and the niece of the director of Hogsmeade Hospital. Neither Hufflepuff shares an OWL elective with her, however.

As for your Slytherin, if he'd be interested in tutoring anyone in his final year, I've got @Constance Huntingtower, an incoming second year whose not exactly that confident and doesn't have many friends.
    Yay! Caoimhe has friends! Caoimhe would probably be super buddy-buddy with Joanna because #mugglebornsunite! And Mozelle sounds lovely. <3

Glad would probably only be useful in tutoring Astronomy, Herbology, and Potions – those are his strongest subjects. So if Constance needs any help with those, Glad would probably be happy to help. x3
    [-] The following 2 users Like Darling Whitledge (Hymn)'s post:
       Joanna Triggs, Tristan Michaud

PitaPata Cat tickers

(08-19-2017, 06:01 PM)Darling Whitledge Wrote:
    (08-19-2017, 03:54 PM)Tristan Michaud Wrote: @January Lynch took Divinition, if you feel she'd work for Glad's crush. And as I said yesterday, Owain and Munny could totally be buddies with Glad. I probably also have people that could work as friends and/or whatever else you need for Joseph and Caoimhe, my networking is up to date except for @Tobin Cartwright if you want to take a gander!
    Ooh! January might work. Do you think we could test the waters with them, see if there's a spark? ;)

Yes to Glad, Munny, and Owain being bros! XD

Also, I thought it might be fun to thread Mundy and Caoimhe together since her uncle did elope with the MacFusty governess. XD
    [/quote]
    Definitely! And I'm down for a Munny/Caoimhe thread. If you start one, I can start the other. <3 And I'm down for threading either Owain or Munny with Glad at any time. They both need more played friends. :)

edit: also, jsyk, I play Tiger now and Ezra's wife is no longer the governess.
    (08-19-2017, 04:13 PM)Acacia Ruskin Wrote: Glad and @Margaret Rawlinson both live in London, they could have met somehow when they were little (parks are public, perhaps that?). I'd love to give more for Margaret, and a best friend would be nice.
    Worse case scenario, they'd be childhood buddies. X3 I'd like to see how they might interact together first. >3

Sure, would you like to make the thread, or should I?
    @Tristan Michaud I can start the Caoimhe/Munny thread, if you're okay with starting the January/Glad thread? x3 And I suppose I should have clarified that Nuala was the former governess of the MacFusty clan. XD;

@Acacia Ruskin if you're okay with starting, that would be most helpful! <3 Maybe they can bump into each other on Diagon Alley? Or if you want Margaret to visit the Sprout family's tea shoppe, Glad works there during the summer. x]
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Darling Whitledge (Hymn)'s post:
       Tristan Michaud

PitaPata Cat tickers

(08-19-2017, 08:43 PM)Darling Whitledge Wrote: @Tristan Michaud I can start the Caoimhe/Munny thread, if you're okay with starting the January/Glad thread? x3 And I suppose I should have clarified that Nuala was the former governess of the MacFusty clan. XD;

@Acacia Ruskin if you're okay with starting, that would be most helpful! <3 Maybe they can bump into each other on Diagon Alley? Or if you want Margaret to visit the Sprout family's tea shoppe, Glad works there during the summer. x]

January could be painting in Padmore Park? I can definitely start something right now if we go with that!
    Okay, I'm sure I can come up with some reason for Glad to be in Hogsmeade. ;) @Tristan Michaud

PitaPata Cat tickers

(08-19-2017, 04:18 PM)Mozelle Rios Wrote: I have three incoming fifth years that could be friends with Caoimhe - @Mozelle Rios, @Joanna Triggs, and Sinéad O'Luain, who is a Ravenclaw and untaggable because I named her that way, haha. They're all upper class, but the only one who might not be a good friend for her is Sinéad, because while she she's a nice girl she can be a bit stuck up. Mozelle is a half-Italian, half-Spanish halfblood whose parents spent a weird amount of time with her as a child and just got a new baby brother over the summer, while Joanna's a muggleborn, and the niece of the director of Hogsmeade Hospital. Neither Hufflepuff shares an OWL elective with her, however.

Yay! Caoimhe has friends! Caoimhe would probably be super buddy-buddy with Joanna because #mugglebornsunite! And Mozelle sounds lovely. <3

Glad would probably only be useful in tutoring Astronomy, Herbology, and Potions – those are his strongest subjects. So if Constance needs any help with those, Glad would probably be happy to help. x3

I'm gonna poke at the shopping thread with Joanna, if that's all right. :) As for Glad, I'll start up a thread at the official beginning of the year with Constance?
    [Image: uF2yKOX.jpg]
    [Image: LiL4exK.png][Image: 2n8tv2c.jpg][Image: 34rhc09.gif]