Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

What colour are the auror robes?
    This could potentially be a very stupid question, but I went to the wikia page and ctrl +f'd 'robes', 'uniform' and 'clothes' and all I got was some bit about them wearing brown trenchcoats in the movies. So. What is the auror uniform like? I kinda want to say that they wear golden(-ish) robes because auror -> aurum -> gold. In Greek the name is translated as uh "golden people sfsfew" so yes. It wouldn't be like a that golden party dress we've probably seen at a club on New Years', but more like this.

OR WHATEVER. I just want to know because it came up in a post and I was curious.
    [Image: OZGA10v.png]
    [Image: wAoPVGG.png]
    Personally I've always imagined the different departments all having a specific robe colour- I feel like there might have been a very vague reference to it in the books, but I can't remember for sure? Or if not robes something like cloaks over their normal everyday wear or just for formal meetings etc.
    [Image: LVt7zaV.jpg]
    I owe MJ all my love <3
    Jenny has sold her soul to gods of architecture and is most likely absent to some degree unless otherwise said. If you need me, various people have non-charming ways of throwing stones at me
    All I know is the Wizengamot wear plum robes in canon but the gold for aurors seems logical if not very likely to be actual canon.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Ursula Black's post:
       Ellory Pendergast
    Rune keeps spoiling me unexpectedly with graphical wonders

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    I think I was remembering a mention of maintenance workers in the ministry having navy robes!
    [Image: LVt7zaV.jpg]
    I owe MJ all my love <3
    Jenny has sold her soul to gods of architecture and is most likely absent to some degree unless otherwise said. If you need me, various people have non-charming ways of throwing stones at me
    I think I've mentioned Zelda's robes being purple a bunch for no real reason but for continuity would love if MA&C robes were purple >.>
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Cassius Lestrange's post:
       Ellory Pendergast
    I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]
    I've always imagined the Dept MLE robes as red for some reason, but I'm not sure if you guys would like to go by that as well? xD

In part due to this image here:
    [Image: DMLE_clear.png]

I always thought that if they had a color on their robes for each department, most MLE officials would have dark blue. On the other hand, brown trench coats makes sense, seen as Aurors probably must work nonoccurrence or pursue criminals in Muggle areas every so often.

[-]
    Quick Reply

Human Verification
    Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.