Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!
    09.02 The AC is underway, and the results are in for Camp Charming...
    09.01 September ahoy! A new school year, new skins, and elections!
    08.27 Upcoming AC and Wizengamot tweak
    08.21 So you want to be a Student Club President?
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.

Just Doing My Job
    Open Thread 
    So far this whole 'having an actual job' thing was going pretty well, in Lilys opinion. Her father had been quite opposed before she had pointed out that she could meet a lot more eligible gentlemen this way. Lily wasn't sure how true that was but it had served its purpose and now, here she was.

Settled at the front counter, she watched as people came in and out of the Ministry transports. Her job was pretty simple - greet people, direct them in the direction of whoever they were looking for ... and that was pretty much it. Each department had their own secretary for the other things she had been expecting to have to do.

Looking up as someone approached the counter, she gave them a bright smile. "Welcome to the Ministry. How may I be of assistance?"
    [Image: vytq85.jpg]
    [Image: j98sw5.gif]
    Freddie needed his brother Faustus for work related reasons. He hadn't found him in his office and their department's secretary didn't seem to know where he was. Freddie figured that his best bet was to ask one of the Welcome Witches. They knew who entered and who left the Ministry.

"Good morning," Freddie greeted with a smile. This lady had to be a new one. He didn't recognize her. "I am looking for Mr. Faustus Prewett. Do you know where he is, or if he turned up at all yet?"
    "Good morning," she greeted back before considering his question."One moment and I'll check," she said as she took up the parchments that noted if someone was within the Ministry or had left it. She had just flipped to the proper day when she ended up dropping them all over the floor. "Oh, I'm so sorry. Another moment, please," she said, her cheeks red as she knelt as ladylike as she could to gather her papers up.
    [Image: vytq85.jpg]
    [Image: j98sw5.gif]
    Freddie felt bad for the young woman, as if he had somehow caused for the papers to drop. He could see her discomfort and he hated to think that he was the reason for it, as silly as that was!

"Oh, it's alright!" Freddie made as he knelt to help her pick them up. When they were both finished, he handed over the ones he'd gathered up.

"First day?" he asked with a smile.