Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.
    11.10 Election update!
    11.07 We have Posting Wizards!
    11.06 A big announcement...
    11.04 Happy AC day!
    11.03 Banner time!
    11.03 Welcome to November!
    10.29 October is waning...
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~
    09.30 The AC Approaches
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    November 1887

Double Debutante Death
    AUGUST 12TH 1887
    DOUBLE DEBUTANTE DEATH

IRVINGLY RESIDENTS SHOCKED AND HORRIFIED

Two debutantes were found dead yesterday morning in Hawthorne Hollow. One of the girls was thought to be Miss Lupin whose whereabouts remain unknown, however, they have since been identified as fraternal twins Miss Liliana and Phoebe Wescott.

They were found by a middle-aged wizard looking for potion ingredients in the woodland area. He happened upon the unfortunate young women dangling by rope from a tree.

The gentleman wished to remain anonymous and declined comment.

This tragedy is felt particularly keenly after the recent disappearance of Miss Sylvia Lupin. Mr. Wescott, a widower and father to four other children, expressed his deepest sorrow at the loss of his daughters but trusts that the culprit will be brought to justice before long.

Currently, the main suspect appears to be Mr. Younge, the gentleman who was paying court to the deceased Miss Phoebe Wescott.

AUTHOR: IAN PENGLOSS

Template created by ASHOO! of Caution 2.0 and edited by Shante of Charming.

written by Olive

WANT TO WRITE FOR THE PROPHET?
    CC Cassius Lestrange on all articles.
    AUGUST 12TH 1887
    “LYCANTHROPY SHOULD BE TREATED AS AN ILLNESS”

OPEN LETTER FROM CASPAR URQUART

We have received the following open letter from Mr. Caspar Urquart, Head of the Spell Damage Department of Hogsmeade Hospital:

After a young woman was recently infected with what I consider one of the most terrible illnesses of our world, I felt the need to speak out.

As a healer, I have always treated lycanthropy as an illness. An illness that causes its sufferers to lose their humanity once a month and do unspeakable things that they wouldn't do if they were healthy individuals. It is an illness with great social stigma and, while I understand where people are coming from, as a healer, I cannot share that belief.

The magical scientific community should work on finding a cure to this illness. Werewolves should not be shunned away by society, but rather keptp

in safe environments, meant to keep them from becoming a danger to society and to themselves. If someone is sick with the pox, you send them to a hospital. If one is sick in the mind, you send them to an asylum. Werewolves, I believe, ought to receive help in both the physical and mental sense.

That, I believe, is a much more reasonable and kinder way to treat the "werewolf problem" than to shun them and chase them as if they are animals. We don't need a Werewolf Capture Unit, we need healers for those people.[/i]

It is obvious that Mr. Urquart was moved by Miss Topaz Urquart's condition. After all, she is his niece, even though Minister Urquart was disowned by his family.

AUTHOR: caspar urquart

Template created by ASHOO! of Caution 2.0 and edited by Shante of Charming.

written by Soph

[-] The following 2 users Like Daily Prophet's post:
       Odira Potter, Ophelia Dippet
    WANT TO WRITE FOR THE PROPHET?
    CC Cassius Lestrange on all articles.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Selwyn Family Death Daily Prophet 0 148 10-10-2017, 02:11 PM
    Last Post: Daily Prophet
      Debutante Disowned Daily Prophet 0 202 09-14-2017, 07:29 AM
    Last Post: Daily Prophet
      Another Debutante Fatality Daily Prophet 0 161 09-13-2017, 06:48 PM