Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.
    11.10 Election update!
    11.07 We have Posting Wizards!
    11.06 A big announcement...
    11.04 Happy AC day!
    11.03 Banner time!
    11.03 Welcome to November!
    10.29 October is waning...
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~
    09.30 The AC Approaches
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    November 1887

I Hope You're Happy
    Unsent

4 November 1887
    Ben,

It was fun - I also discovered that you can't put off fires with alcohol.

I also wish you were here. If you were, though, I might have thought that matching costumes would be cute and something tells me that would have made you flee to Canada on your own accord.

Can't you return to England now? I'm sure Evey wouldn't mind or even notice, she's so busy with our mother's school these days

4 November 1887
    Ben,

Fun is a way to put it - I discovered that you can't put off fires with alcohol!

I also wish that you were here. If you had been, though, I might have found the idea of matching costumes adorable and something tells me that would have made you want to flee to Canada on your own accord!

We would have made dashing inferi priests, wouldn't we?

Yours,
    Ellory

6 November 1887
    Princess,
    I'm not sure there's anything "adorable" about inferi priests, even if you've got a pair of them. That wouldn't have been very subtle, though, would it have? I assume this thing we've got is a secret, isn't it? You haven't told anyone that I've been writing to you?

That sounds all wrong. It's not like I'm trying to be nefarious, honestly, but I can't imagine your family would be very pleased with the idea of us exchanging letters after the way your sister reacted last time. And you're still in mourning, and everything, so even if I wasn't - well, me - this still wouldn't really be the sort of thing proper young ladies are supposed to do.

I haven't told anyone that we're writing. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble if word gets around through the grapevine.

And I definitely wouldn't want you to have to stop writing. I'm still hoping for another one of those pictures, after all.
    Ben

Allow 2-3 days for translant mail before she would receive it!

8 November 1887
    Ben,

Of course I haven't told anyone I have been writing to you! Do you think I'm stupid?Our families would certainly think I'm stupid if they were to find out we're writing again.

Don't you worry, I'm not discussing flower arrangements for our wedding with half of The Lady Morgana if that's what you're worried about.

And don't get too gluttonous with the pictures. I wouldn't want you to get so fond of them that you lose your interest on the real thing.

Yours,
    Ellory

13 November 1887
    Princess,
    You don't have to worry about spoiling my appetite with pictures. This might be nice to look at, but they aren't half as good as the real thing. I can't wait to see you again--though I'm not sure how we'll manage to even exchange hellos, with your family the way it is. I suppose we'll think of something.
    Ben
    PS: Sorry if you got a weird letter from me earlier with very poor handwriting. Just pretend you didn't get it. Unless you didn't, in which case ignore this.

15 November 1887
    Ben,

You flatter me.

As for the subject of hellos, we will deal with that as it comes. A lot can happen in a couple of months. We don't even know if we'll be alive by then.

Yours,
    Ellory

18 November 1887
    Princess,
    What's with the sudden morbid stuff? Did something happen with your family? I don't get any English papers out here and I haven't heard anything. Are you okay?
    Ben

21 November 1887
    Ben,

I am alright now! I did almost die a few days ago, though. I was at this party and there was one of those giant flying balloons and it began to fly before I had the chance to get in the basket so I was hanging from it as it gained altitude. Thankfully for me, Mr. Orpheus Parkinson was in it already so he pulled me inside. He kind of saved us both, though we did have to jump off it to escape. It was so scary!

Yours,
    Ellory

23 November 1887
    Princess,
    Don't die! What are you even doing at parties with hot air balloons? I thought you were still in mourning and your sister didn't strike me as the adventurous party type.
    Ben

25 November 1887
    Ben,

It was a charity ball of sorts! One of those magizoologist types was hosting it and it was supposed to raise awareness for avian creatures that are being killed for their feathers. Hence the balloon. Symbolism, I guess.

I am still in mourning, but Evey my sister lets me go to some parties now that we're past the heavy period of mourning. She isn't really the party sort, but she's a lot laxer than my mother ever was. She's not that bad you know

Yours,
    Ellory

27 November 1887
    Princess,
    Well, fine; go to parties and have fun, but try not to die. Or lose any more fingers. You have a habit of getting yourself into trouble and there won't always be handsome men like me around to save you.

I'd probably still like you with a few less fingers, but that's about the limit. If you lose an arm or a leg before I get back, we're going to have to reevaluate this.

(I'm joking. Sort of. Stay intact).
    Ben

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      I HOPE A BRICK DIDN'T RUIN THAT FINE FACE Ellory Pendergast 0 142 07-08-2017, 12:00 PM
    Last Post: Ellory Pendergast
      Hope Your Marriage Feels Better Soon Magnus Lockhart 0 132 06-19-2017, 08:08 PM
    Last Post: Magnus Lockhart
      Yo Hope Your Mom's Not Dead Edward Macmillan 2 595 12-22-2015, 11:05 AM
    Last Post: Edward Macmillan
      No Talent, No Skill, No Hope Ophelia Dippet 2 425 08-29-2015, 05:20 PM
    Last Post: Ophelia Dippet
      Let's Hope No One Else Does A Lazarus Fairy Carmichael 2 589 06-17-2015, 01:08 PM
    Last Post: Fairy Carmichael