Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '86
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.
    08.01 Happy August!
    07.31 SWP meets Monthly Grouper in an opportunity to network and get some stamps.
    07.29 AC incoming et al.
    07.28 And the prefects are...
    07.23 Your stamp collection is about to get bigger!
    07.21 Calling in the banners!
    07.15 The rubble has been cleared and deadlines loom!
    07.10 Not one, not two, but THREE more stamps to add to your collection~
    07.09 New Account Change Feature!
    07.09 Disaster strikes!
    07.08 Charmers go above and beyond...
    07.07 Pop-up protest and photobucket things
    07.06 Photobucket emergency! Read me!
    07.04 A plot is afoot ;)
    07.01 July has come! Group threads are coming!
    August 1887
    SWP7 is live!
    08.01 - 08.31 Posting Wizard
    07.01 - 08.31 Camp Charming
    08.09 - 08.16 Adinbury Hunt
    08.14 Anti-Ban Protest
    08.16 - 08.23 Sanditon Regatta
    08.25 Hogsmeade Hall Dance
    And More!

I Hope You're Happy
    14 August 1887
    Princess,
    I hope you're bloody happy. I don't know what you said to your crazy family and your crazy sister, but I'm getting shipped off to Canada tomorrow so that I can maybe go be an embarrassment to the family name on some other continent where it will annoy you lot less.

I say all this like you have any bloody clue what you did, which probably isn't the case. I say all this like there's anything you could fucking do about it, which definitely isn't. I say this like you even knew what you were doing, which you probably don't. Like you even know what I was trying to do, which you definitely don't.

No one's going to understand this, not ever, but I swear, I was trying to do the right thing for you.

I don't know why I'm writing this; it'll just end up being one more bloody letter I never send. Merlin, if you could see all the letters I never sent you. Maybe things would have ended up differently. But it's too late for that, and I don't know why I'm writing this now--I guess just because I'm already packed and I don't have shit else to do unless I want to go drinking, and Aldous would probably be upset if I missed the boat to Canada because I was hungover.

I hope you end up with 'Ned' and I hope he makes you happy. He'll be better for you than I ever could have been. I hope that all gets arranged while I'm in Canada, so that I don't have to hear about it and pretend I don't care. Maybe Canada won't be so bad, after all--at least I won't accidentally run into you there.
    Ben

Reuben wrote this letter on August 14th and did not intend to send it. However, after he leaves on the 15th a well-intentioned house elf might find it on his desk and assume he forgot to send it before he left on his trip. Ellory might get it any time after the 16th, whenever works best for your plot development. Or if you'd prefer she might not get it at all, but that's less fun.
    [-] The following 2 users Like Reuben Crouch's post:
       Ellory Pendergast, Odira Potter

August 19th, 1887
    Mr. Crouch,

I feel foolish for responding to your letter. I should not have opened it in the first place I bet that is exactly what you want from me. You don't want me to catch any peace, do you?

Do not call my sister crazy. Evelyn did what she thought was best to protect me. You have a sister yourself. What would you have done if you found your sister in tears after someone had written her those horrible words?

That being said, I am not some heartless, 'crazy' hag who takes pleasure out of this. I never wanted to get you disowned. I should have and I am foolish for not taking pleasure out of your misery, but I am not. It does not bring me joy that I may have caused you suffering. This must make you so happy. I bet that is exactly what you want to hear from me.

I don't know why I am even bothering with this. You're probably not even that upset about what happened. You will probably love to be away from your stuffy family in some foreign land. You'll probably find some new, naive 'Princess' to charm while you are there.

E. P.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      I HOPE A BRICK DIDN'T RUIN THAT FINE FACE Ellory Pendergast 0 71 07-08-2017, 12:00 PM
    Last Post: Ellory Pendergast
      Hope Your Marriage Feels Better Soon Magnus Lockhart 0 91 06-19-2017, 08:08 PM
    Last Post: Magnus Lockhart
      Yo Hope Your Mom's Not Dead Edward Macmillan 2 520 12-22-2015, 11:05 AM
    Last Post: Edward Macmillan
      No Talent, No Skill, No Hope Ophelia Dippet 2 363 08-29-2015, 05:20 PM
    Last Post: Ophelia Dippet
      Let's Hope No One Else Does A Lazarus Fairy Carmichael 2 531 06-17-2015, 01:08 PM
    Last Post: Fairy Carmichael