Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

One More Ribbon
    We have these beautiful Animagi, Seers, and Metamorphmagi ribbons, but I say what we need is Werewolf ribbons.

It's starting to seem that there is a fair amount of werewolves on this site, which is really cool, and ribbons are pretty and fun!! Thoughts?
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Guinevere Lukeson's post:
       Ellory Pendergast
    On the one hand, BOO MORE WORK FOR ME.

On the other I have a hard time keeping track of who is and isn't a werewolf.

The torn-ness is real D:
    [-] The following 2 users Like Evelyn Abercrombie's post:
       Ophelia Dippet, Tilda MacFusty
    [Image: CMxc4as.png]
    set by soph <3
    If I knew how to make them, I'd make it for you. (Oh, how I wish I knew how I could make such beautiful things)
    (08-05-2017, 07:16 PM)Guinevere Lukeson Wrote: If I knew how to make them, I'd make it for you. (Oh, how I wish I knew how I could make such beautiful things)

Oh no, I don't graphic, I have ~people for that ;) It's just that ribbons have to be put on on a per user basis!

What do others think? :)
    [Image: CMxc4as.png]
    set by soph <3
    I will never turn down more ribbons because I am a ribbon whore.

Charms & CoMC & DADA & Ghoul Studies & Transfiguration

On the one hand I don't want to end up making more work for staff as it seems like this sort of thing is something that could snowball and end up being an utter ballache for them but at the same time I think maybe in the interest of encouraging more non-humans it might be a nice idea? I know not everybody has a werewolf but, as far as I'm aware at least, they're the only not entirely human group that doesn't have some kind of monitor in terms of census, ribbons or blood status in the mini-profile.

THAT BEING SAID rather than ribbons, which are extra work, perhaps we could ask one of our lovely graphics wizards to make a button or stylish wolfy banner that any character who has a were agrees to have in their sig? That way it's on us to keep an eye on it and if you don't it's your problem :P
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Hecate Moody's post:
       Ellory Pendergast
    Hecate needs her shady maid to love and hurt
    [Image: tumblr_osgrw3czH81qz68qko2_500.png]
    gorgeous set courtesy of Bee <3 <3
    (08-05-2017, 08:15 PM)Hecate Moody Wrote: On the one hand I don't want to end up making more work for staff as it seems like this sort of thing is something that could snowball and end up being an utter ballache for them but at the same time I think maybe in the interest of encouraging more non-humans it might be a nice idea? I know not everybody has a werewolf but, as far as I'm aware at least, they're the only not entirely human group that doesn't have some kind of monitor in terms of census, ribbons or blood status in the mini-profile.

THAT BEING SAID rather than ribbons, which are extra work, perhaps we could ask one of our lovely graphics wizards to make a button or stylish wolfy banner that any character who has a were agrees to have in their sig? That way it's on us to keep an eye on it and if you don't it's your problem :P

See my issue with the latter is that I simply don't want to clutter up my sigs with buttons XD

if I could marry Bee I would but I can't so I ship our characters instead.
    (08-05-2017, 08:15 PM)Hecate Moody Wrote: THAT BEING SAID rather than ribbons, which are extra work, perhaps we could ask one of our lovely graphics wizards to make a button or stylish wolfy banner that any character who has a were agrees to have in their sig? That way it's on us to keep an eye on it and if you don't it's your problem :P

I did make one, but I don't think anyone used it.

I do understand your reasoning.  :)   If a ribbon can be made, I'll be thrilled, but I understand if it doesn't happen.
    As someone who now plays a grossly disproportional amount of werewolves, I'm pro ribbon. Mostly so Lou and Topaz can have user titles that don't include it.

also sorry one fifth of my characters are werewolves whoops
    [-] The following 2 users Like Ophelia Dippet's post:
       Ellory Pendergast, Odira Potter
    @Elias Grimstone can you make it so? Perhaps in grey(s)?
    [-] The following 3 users Like Nathaniel Gallivan's post:
       Elias Grimstone, Guinevere Lukeson, Tansy Abberton
    [Image: gkOkR5d.png]
    set by soph
    I'll get on it!
    [Image: RlYf65H.jpg]

[-]
    Quick Reply

Human Verification
    Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.