Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

I Hope We Both Die
    Private Thread 
    @Javert de Montfault
    Richardson had gotten a hold of the news rather quickly. Javert had caught Miss Green, had nearly managed to capture her, and then lost her. And R was willing to bet that he knew exactly why.

He waited for a gap in Javert's schedule, when he'd be sure to catch him in the office. Then, he walked into Javert's office. Wordlessly, Richardson came behind his friend's desk and removed one of the drawers.

Holding the drawer in his hand, he walked back towards the middle of the office and flipped it upside down. 
    [-] The following 3 users Like Overstreet Richardson's post:
       Javert de Montfault, Ophelia Dippet, Penelope Sykes
    One of the upsides of him being Head Auror was that he didn't have to report to a superior about his fuck up with Miss Green because he was the superior. That being said, everyone still knew what had happened.

He'd been in his office, doing boring paperwork and occasionally sneaking away a drink of whiskey or two, when Richardson barged in and started doing weird shit.

"What the fuck, Richardson?" Javert asked.
    [-] The following 2 users Like Javert de Montfault's post:
       Ophelia Dippet, Penelope Sykes
    [Image: OZGA10v.png]
    [Image: wAoPVGG.png]
    Richardson opened his mouth, but then closed it. No. Not yet. He had not expressed enough displeasure yet. He set the drawer down on the ground, stepped over the pile of papers and objects, and walked back over to Javert's desk. He took another drawer out and started throwing the objects within across the room. 
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Overstreet Richardson's post:
       Ophelia Dippet
    "Hey, enough!" Javert shouted when his friend took the second drawer. He jumped from his seat and trotted towards Richardson. He grabbed his arm. "I don't know what's gotten to your head but I'm the Head Auror, you can't just come into my office and do that!"
    Richardson opened his mouth to say something snarky, then closed it. Technically, Javert could fire him - something which R did not consider very likely, but it was a technical option.

So instead he said: "Ida fucking Green, Javert." 
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Overstreet Richardson's post:
       Ellory Pendergast
    Javert would never fire Richardson, unless his friend explicitly asked him to do so. If there was an Assistant Head Auror, he would have likely given that position to his friend. That being said, he didn't appreciate having his things thrown around like that!

When Richardson revealed the reason for his outburst, Javert probably flushed. "You weren't there!" he said defensively. "You don't know what it was like!"
    Richardson leaned against the desk. "Javert," he said, "I know how you are. She probably whispered something sensual like last time, and then next thing you know she's halfway down the street and you look like a twat."
    Javert flushed. What Richardson described wasn't very far from the truth. Either he was a great friend or a low level legilimens.

"She spoke about getting men naked," Javert admitted. "Don't tell me you wouldn't be taken aback if a lady told you that!" Ladies like Miss Green weren't supposed to know about naked men. She came from a good family, barring the part about her father being a criminal. She hadn't been brought up in a whorehouse. That she might have had experience with men was baffling to Javert. Women weren't supposed to be like that! Women didn't get the other party naked!
    That sort of thing really didn't do anything for Richardson, but he couldn't tell Javert that. Certainly he couldn't tell Javert that while they were in the office. So instead he rolled his eyes.

"I can refrain from thinking with my cock while I'm on the job," Richardson hissed. 
    "Sometimes I wonder if you even have one!" Javert said irritably.

He walked up to a cabinet and took a whiskey bottle out. He served himself and Richardson a drink and handed it to his friend.

"We'll get her, sooner or later. She can't run from us forever."

I'm a fail
    Richardson took an inappropriately large gulp of whiskey, deciding not to dignify the cock question with a response. He definitely couldn't tell Javert why he never wanted to sleep with women. Javert could figure it out on his own or never know, as far as R was concerned.

"Maybe," R said, "Maybe not. London's a big place."
    "Well," Javert made with a deep sigh. "The ones before us allowed for Tybalt Lestrange to escape. Say what you want for Ida Green, but her being a good fugitive means that she won't be causing mass murder attacks anytime soon."
    Richardson sat on the edge of Javert's desk. "You're not wrong," he said, "But you are setting the bar pretty fucking low, there."

Javert really wasn't wrong - people had liked Faustus Prewett even despite the Tybalt Lestrange debacle. 
    "Give me a break," Javert complained and took a swing from his glass. "All of you, will you?" He'd not been the head auror for a year yet and people treated him as though he'd been letting criminals roam the streets for decades. He was doing the best that he could!
    Overstreet rolled his eyes. "Whatever you do, don't sleep with her," he said. He was not sure how much he worried about that as an actual possibility - but he was worried. Javert was not making good decisions here.