Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.
    11.10 Election update!
    11.07 We have Posting Wizards!
    11.06 A big announcement...
    11.04 Happy AC day!
    11.03 Banner time!
    11.03 Welcome to November!
    10.29 October is waning...
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~
    09.30 The AC Approaches
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    November 1887

Nightlights
    Odette gripped his shoulders gently and examined his face for any signs of disdain. Perhaps she was allowing her insecurities to dictate her emotions; besides, the words that left his mouth were affectionate. Her inner human told her that others only played nice with her for the sake of avoiding conflict — that no one really enjoyed her presence. Andreas didn't seem like the type of man who would enjoy a woman like herself, so why was he did he speak so fondly of her? She was internally conflicted.

"Do you really ... like me?" she asked nervously, her muscles tense with anxiety. "I mean, do you feel obligated to treat me kindly since you gave me this life? Do I really ... annoy you?" she asked, her self-consciousness painfully obvious. "I would most certainly understand if I did. Don't feel obligated—" she gulped, "—to stay by my side if you don't really like me."
    [Image: 2wQWtBy.jpg]
    [Image: IL1qn5.jpg]
    Andreas felt her grip tighten on his shoulder and he attentively regarded the young vampire. Her question, though, caught him by surprise. It was true that when he first created he felt that he owed it to her to be attentive and care for her. But things had changed, and quite quickly. He was, after all, attracted to her from the start. There was no denying that. She hadn't seen him as a monster but a person. She had been tender and caring, even concerned, for him. Despite her foolishness and his own wretchedness, she never begrudged him and allowed herself to connect with him.

He couldn't imagine being without her now.

“At first, I did feel obligated to be with you. I felt terrible for what I had done to you, stealing away your humanity, cursing you for eternity. I felt responsible for you,” he began to explain slowly, his eyes watching her. “And I still do. Not only because I made you, but because I want to be.”

His pale hand cupped her sallow cheek, his thumb gently brushing at her face. He gave her a gentle smile before continuing:

“I do really like you, Odette. Please don't doubt it simply because I'm terrible at saying so. I cannot imagine my life anymore without you in it.”
    Andreas was once Wolfgang Diermissen. Wolfgang's name known in vampiric circles across Europe for his wild and violent killing sprees as a fledgling. The rest of the magical community is probably less aware of him and his name is not likely prominent in England. Obviously, no one knows Andreas is Wolfgang. Everyone thinks that Wolfgang Diermissen was killed about 200 years ago.

His words were definitely reassuring, but she always knew she'd doubt his affection towards her no matter how much he expressed it. She was raised to believe she was undesirable — those thoughts would not leave her mind with ease. She would, however, give him a sweet smile, albeit an uncertain one. He seemed sincere, and that was enough for her.

She lowered her head, leaned forward, and placed a gentle kiss to his lips. The kiss was chaste and soft, and it was over within a second. She rested her forehead against his, her breathing sure and steady.

"It's nice to know that you really do like me," she whispered. "I've always thought myself a nuisance — especially to you," she admitted with a frown.
    Andreas returned her gentle kiss as she pulled away. She didn't seem so wholly convinced that his words were true. He wondered at what more he could possibly do to assure her of his affections. Although he hadn't blatantly said that he loved her, he had basically said it.

“Why would you think that I wouldn't, mein Liebling?” he questioned. He knew that her life had been relatively empty, that she had been given up by the man who had been engaged to her. Her life certainly hadn't been happy, but Andreas thought that his affection for her was apparent.

“You've never proven to be a nuisance to me,” he said, gently pressing his brow against hers.
    Andreas was once Wolfgang Diermissen. Wolfgang's name known in vampiric circles across Europe for his wild and violent killing sprees as a fledgling. The rest of the magical community is probably less aware of him and his name is not likely prominent in England. Obviously, no one knows Andreas is Wolfgang. Everyone thinks that Wolfgang Diermissen was killed about 200 years ago.

Odette didn't know what to say. She couldn't just tell him that she thought she'd been a nuisance because she was one — she knew he would only disagree. She pressed her forehead against his and took a relaxing breath. "It seems old insecurities did not die alongside my humanity. It's a shame," she said in a whisper, her eyes staring into his.
    Andreas regarded Odette with soft, concerned eyes. “They never do,” he admitted, his thumb stroking her cheek once more. “And new insecurities arise,” he added sadly.

“Just because we are no longer viewed as humans doesn't mean our humanity abandons us when we turn. Vampires sometimes simply choose to abandon it—” like he had. He had left his humanity behind when he was first turned. He had become a thing of nightmares—the creature that people fear vampires to actually be.

Based on that alone, he didn't feel he deserved any happiness. He deserved to be dead, like the world thought he was. But he couldn't help wanting the happiness he felt when he looked at his creation. She was a little light of hope in his dark and dreary world.

“I wish that I could take away your insecurities, Odette,” he breathed.