Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
The Language of the Flowers was a popular method to express feelings where words might be improper, but did you know other means of doing so? Some ladies used their parasols, as well as their fans, gloves, and hankies to flirt with a gentleman (or alternatively, tell them to shove it!). — Bree ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Questionable Friend/Crush for Philip Aymslowe.
When your mum thinks you're gay for your best friend (but you probably are)
This boy, then. He wasn't new. Wasn't one of the worst people in the common room, those rotten rich boys - like Mr. Jailkeeper - who could not fathom a world beyond their own farts. Was a good working class lad, so he'd heard. Had a bit of a weird looking face, and a bit of a weird thing for preaching. Still.Aubrey Davis in The Under-Sofa
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Post 3+ times in three or more class threads during the course of a school year. Must all be done with the same character, be they a professor, student, or school portrait or ghost!
>
<

So I Love Me
Private 
December 19th, 1888 — Boat House
Henry was ready to be going home for the holidays but a part of him was still yearning for adventure. So, of course, instead of packing like he should have been. He was outside, staring into the water of the Black Lake, his feet dangling off the side of the docks that were attached to the Boat House. He wondered if one could just steal away one of the boats for a short adventure into the deep. Maybe there was a spell that could help him keep warm as he dove straight into the water to find the squid or the mermaids. Would the mermaids be welcoming? It was worth finding out.. But he couldn't really swim, and the water was freezing so he didn't dare touch it.

A small sigh left him, it was a bit dejected. The days were dwindling before the holidays and while he was happy for classes to be over, he was feeling a little down.. A little dejected about going back. He just wanted to continue finding out more about the castle. Maybe even make some corridors of his own. But he didn't know enough spells to actually do that. Maybe in the future that would all change, when he was much more educated and could produce really amazing things with just the tip of his wand.

For now he could just make things levitate, and that wasn't useful for building secret passageways. Henry would pick at the wood below him as he sat on one of the docks.

"So much for an adventure.." He grumbled, placing elbows on his knees, slouching and his palms to his cheeks.

@Sloane Bixby
Oh she was in such trouble. Sloane had written home to tell them she'd rather stay at Hogwarts for Christmas this year. She still wasn't in the mood to celebrate with the family and pretend everything was normal when she thought they'd all lost their minds. The response she'd gotten hadn't been very... warm, but also hadn't forced her to go either, so there was that.

Sloane felt marginally lighter, but as everybody was packing up to go home tomorrow, even Cammie, she thought she best get out before she change her mind. The crisp December weather was kept at bay by her warmed cloak and scarf, but it was rather chilly! The snow crunched delightfully beneath her boots as she wandered the grounds, toward the lake. She wondered if the squid was about today. Was the water too frozen to see him? Was it frozen at all?

The boat house came into view and Sloane skipped down the hill, sliding down the last bit on her feet as she skidded to a stop at the bottom. It was then she realized that somebody else had beaten her down here, and it was somebody she knew! "Henry!" She chirped at her best friend's little brother as she came up to stand next to where he was perched on the end of the dock.

[Image: BIuhNG.png]
please bury me with this MJ set ♥

Henry was in one of those moods that made it quite hard to get him to pay attention to anything abrasive. He was pensive and staring off into space, actually it was more of the very still surface of the water. So clear that he could see his own reflection as if he were looking at a perfect mirror. There were not even ripples that were stirred by the wind. The lake was glass-like, as if magic had made the wind avoid the water entirely. The only ripples that came were the gentle ones that came away from the wooden support poles from the dock.

This lake never froze for some reason, it actually kind of made Henry mad. Why couldn't Hogwarts students go ice-skating? It seemed a delightful activity and yet he was forced to stare at the eternal water, infinitely deep. The boy scrunched up his nose when a voice came from a distance. His mind bringing him slowly into the moment as if the voice echoed perpetually in his head up until he paid attention.

The boy would turn his head sharply to look to see who it was. Although he would have easily recognized the voice had he been actively paying any sort of attention to the world around him.

"Oh.." He seemed a bit quiet at first, but it was only his voice awakening from a deep sleep in silence. Henry was quick to clear his throat and stand up on the slightly slippery dock. He stabilized himself and then gave Sloane a wave.

"What are you doing all the way out here?" Curious tone more than accusatory or demanding, he tilted his head. "Aren't you packing?" It seemed to be a strange priority of girls to pack early because Merlin forbid they forget something like a mirror or a hairbrush for when they returned home.

@Sloane Bixby
Worrying she'd started him, Sloane chuckled when he scrambled up, shrugging a little bit at his question. "Staying here this year, thought I'd see what all the fuss is about." And she was curious about what Christmas at Hogwarts was like, she'd always thought she'd do it just for fun one time, considering Cam stayed most years, except this one, naturally. Of course she wasn't about to divulge the real reason she was staying to Henry, so it worked for now.

"What about you, all packed?" She quirked an eyebrow at him playfully, wondering if she could find any good rocks to start tossing into the lake.

Henry had not even started packing and knowing him he would not even attempt the activity until he was in a frenzy to do so. Panicking until all of his clothing, and books were packed up haphazardly in his suitcase ready to head home for a short break away from the castle. Although, Henry didn't mind the castle in fact he would have joined the girl in remaining here, were it not for the fact that his parents were heavily into celebrating the holidays in a particularly religious way. Not that Henry minded celebrating with his family, he loved them all quite dearly. It was more of his adventurous spirit that was making things difficult for his young mind to part with the mysterious castle.

"Not even started," He responded with a slight blush and grin, he honestly wasn't so embarrassed as he was almost proud at the fact that everyone else was scrambling to pack and he was waiting until the last minute to do so. It showed some kind of skill, right? Well, Henry certainly believed that to be the case.

The Hufflepuff glanced down into the lake a moment before he jumped off the dock onto the rocky shore nearby, squatting to absorb the shock. He remained squatted though, his eyes a little squinted as he considered what rock to pick up.

"You'll have to tell me what it's like here without everyone, I've been wanting to ask mum and dad about staying so I could explore an empty castle... How have you been?" It was a quick change of pace, but Henry's brain worked a bit too fast for anyone's - including his own - good.

@Sloane Bixby
Nodding along, keeping up with Henry just fine, Sloane chuckled a little when he said he hadn't even started packing yet. Sounded about right, from what she knew according to Sisse anyway. Sloane also knew full well what it was like to have brothers, though she may not have any younger than her, boys were all the same at any rate.

Watching as Henry jumped down from the dock onto the rocky shore below, Sloane rather thought he must have been reading her mind, as he seemed to be looking for rocks himself. "I'll take notes for you." She laughed again and in an effort to follow along, sat on the edge of the dock to hop off. Damn dresses. One of these days she was going to steal a pair of  Wally's trousers and keep them for herself for days like this. Actually that wasn't a bad idea for the break...

"Been alright. Can't really complain after making the house team this year." There was no need to get into the drama of Rufus' elopement, she was pretty sure Henry didn't care. "How's first year treating you? Doing alright?" Being the youngest in her family didn't mean she wasn't keeping an eye out for her best friend's younger siblings, just in case.

"Good, while you're at it... You may as well take notes for all my classes too, that way I don't have to actually do anything." He joked. He knew that this was entirely impossible, but a part of him wished that it were somehow possible so that he could stop attending classes altogether and have extra free time while someone submitted all the work for him and then later taught him the fun stuff. Like the actual spells. Classes were a lot of theory in the first year, and he was - to say the least - was going insane from it. Who cared about the Transfiguration theory? Everyone knew you couldn't make money out of nowhere.... Well, not everyone but it made pretty simple sense!

"Oh, I forgot about that! Congratulations!" He was pretty sure he had congratulated her when it had first happened, but twice was better than none and Henry's memory just happened to be like one of a goldfish, or at least his attention span so he easily forgot if he had done something or not. Which made things a little more difficult when doing homework and the like.

"It's fine, I can't say I'm doing too well in my classes though. Mum is upset with me, thinks I could be doing a lot better. But how could one ever pay attention to classes when there is so much to explore?" He huffed, kicking a few pebbles before picking out a nice smooth rock. "I don't even know what I'm going to do when I leave the school..." Henry paused then and turned his head sharply into the girl's direction.

"I want to get onto my Quidditch team next year!" Maybe he could be some grandiose and famous player. Not as if he followed the game overly close, but he did play in the club so he knew it to be fun. "Would you help me?"

@Sloane Bixby
Sloane stuck her tongue out at Henry playfully. She wasn't much good at classes herself, there was little help she could provide in that respect. That was what Sisse was for and Cam, they were the best friends a girl could ask for.

"Thanks!" Belated congratulations were always welcome. Sloane was still excited to be on the team. That still hadn't faded even thought they weren't having the best season as of yet. They were all pretty young though, so she wasn't super surprised. They'd get there in a year or two, then they'd be unbeatable. "I understand that, there's a lot of ways to be easily distracted around here." Sloane chuckled.

"You should! My friend Calla plays on the Hufflepuff team." It was a little weird to play against her, but they seemed to do fine. "Sure, I'd be more than happy to!" She agreed readily. How much help she would be was left up in the air, but she had been playing around on brooms since she could walk, so she should be of some help at least.