Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

The Rumor Mill
    "I have to say, Mrs Belphoebe Lestrange is looking ever so plump at the moment! Poor Mr Lestrange, to marry someone of her status and then have her let go of her figure so soon after the wedding!"
    @Belphoebe Lestrange @Lucius Lestrange
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Rumor Mill's post:
       Odira Potter
    "I always heard that Natsuko Mountbatton had no siblings, but this girl showed up and now they're saying she's General Mountbatton's other daughter! I don't believe it - or at least I don't believe that she's legitimate. Maybe she's a part-veela?"
    @Natsuko Mountbatton @Moriko Mountbatton
       Odira Potter
    "From what I heard, Mr. Power's strange behavior of late stems from the severe brain damage he sustained at the Wizarding World Market. Apparently one of the flying tigers tried to crush his head in its jaws. How awful! The brain damage, I mean, one expects such behavior from a flying tiger."
    @Conrí Power
    [-] The following 3 users Like Rumor Mill's post:
       Aamiya Power, Conrí Power, Ophelia Dippet
    "Have you seen Reuben Crouch lately? I know he's a cursebreaker, but it seems he's dropped off the face of the earth! How strange, especially with his brother running for Minister!"
    @Roman Crouch @Reuben Crouch
    [-] The following 2 users Like Rumor Mill's post:
       Odira Potter, Reuben Crouch
    "Did you hear? Miss Scrimgeour - the disowned one, obviously - is working at St. Mungo's! So apparently she hasn't dropped off the face of the earth... I wonder if her parents know yet."
    @Annabelle Scrimgeour
       Annabelle Scrimgeour
    "Did you hear? Someone left a baby at the Ruskin doorstep! The eldest daughter of Mr. Ruskin answered the door, and seemed very shocked. Such bad parenting, whomever left the baby there. Don't they know that there are Half-Breeds and an actual Vampire living there?"
    @Acacia Ruskin @Crystal Ruskin @Martin Ruskin @Lisa Fairbairn
       Acacia Ruskin, Crystal Ruskin
    "I've heard Stephen Flint talking about running for Minister. With the state of his Werewolf Capture Unit one wonders whether he can run his own Department let alone the country!"
    @Stephen Flint
       Ellory Pendergast, Helena MacMillan
    "As we all know by now, Mister Roberto Devine has proposed. But did you know that his father is said to disapprove heavily of his engagement? The elder Mister Devine was heard talking about it at one of the men's clubs and he was not pleased!"

@Roberto Devine
       Ophelia Dippet
    "I heard the Chief Warlock is dead but there's been nothing in the Daily Prophet about it. Do you suppose it's true?"
       Annabelle Scrimgeour, Ophelia Dippet
    "Did you see the paper today? I think it's ridiculous to have an investigation into where Mr. Dawlish has gone at all--it's hardly a mystery! You remember that poor child he was cavorting around with at the Lytton's party this summer? No doubt he's seduced some other waif. We won't see him again until he's tired of his latest plaything. I imagine he's only trying to be circumspect about it this time because of how much bad press he's had for his womanizing lately!"
    @Herschel Dawlish
       Aldous Crouch, J. Alfred Darrow

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Hogwarts Rumor Mill Guest 90 32,107 09-22-2017, 09:57 AM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill
      The [OLD] Rumor Mill Guest 173 62,179 06-22-2017, 02:41 PM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill