Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.
    11.10 Election update!
    11.07 We have Posting Wizards!
    11.06 A big announcement...
    11.04 Happy AC day!
    11.03 Banner time!
    11.03 Welcome to November!
    10.29 October is waning...
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~
    09.30 The AC Approaches
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    November 1887

Different day different rune
    Private Thread 
    July 1st, 1887

Ryder was currently in his office, examining a worn...amulet? He believed, it had runes on it and was quite aged. It had been procured from a dig site, one Ryder had visited on actual business, not an excuse to steal away somewhere to transform into a werewolf. While there he managed to pay a laborer to give him something, and that was this amulet. Ryder was not particularly fond of runes, and so he had sent an owl to the professor of the subject at Hogwarts, inviting him to come down to his office to help him with it. It wasn't too long before there was a knock on the door. Ryder stood and answered for the person to come in, he held out his hand to shake, the weathered amulet sitting on the desk in plain sight.

@Halvar Kirmani
    The amulet
    [Image: BnhDD7l.gif]
    Dreadfully lovely mourning set from Elaine! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    This was by no means the first time Halvar had been invited down to the museum to examine a new find or two, and indeed the thrill of it never did wear off. He had been polishing off some essays he had been writing towards the end of the school year, whilst the students had been busy with their OWLs and NEWTs, but he was also intended to make use of the summer to actually do some research in the field again while he could.

In the meantime, trips down to the museum were as useful an activity as any, and when the director's office door had been opened for him, Halvar strode in and took Mr. Lukeson's hand in greeting. "Lukeson, good to see you," Hal declared, more enthusiastically than he often seemed; certainly more enthusiastic than his greetings were to those acquaintances in general society. He tended to talk a great deal more when it was on a topic he was interested in. With the promise of that today, he could certainly spare a few moments for general civilities. "How have you been, sir? Keeping well?"  
    [Image: ItRrnq.png]
    Ryder chuckled a bit as he motioned to Halvar to take a seat. "I am quite well, things have been good of late. The museum has been quite busy since the hectic pace of the Queen's celebration. How is Hogwarts treating you?" Ryder listened to Hal then said, "My only vexation of late has been this trinket." He carefully pushed the amulet towards the man, who he knew was eager to examine it, but was being cordial. "Please take your time, it seems some runes have been quite worn, perhaps it was used as a good luck or protection talisman?"
    "Oh, well enough myself, though since the end of the school year I have had rather less on my hands," Halvar said with quirked lips. This was the opposite time for the castle than the museum, apparently.

He took a seat and grinned more broadly at the fact that Lukeson knew him well enough not to hang about: he leaned in as Ryder pushed the amulet towards him. At first he examined it without touching, squinting against the light; eventually he traced a hand over the worn-away runes. "Ansuz runes," Hal declared, counting the circle of them carefully. He hadn't answered Lukeson's theories yet outright, preferring to examine all the details of it first - though, of course, the Museum Director did know a thing or two about what he was talking about.
    [Image: ItRrnq.png]
    Ansuz.. The name briefly brought up Odin, but Ryder couldn't be too sure. While he had a love of old things, and of history, some places and times were more fascinating and known to him than others. "Splendid. I'm glad to have gotten that taken care of. I'm going to assume this particular piece was probably of muggle creation, and not magical, would you say so?" Ryder asked.