Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '86
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.
    08.01 Happy August!
    07.31 SWP meets Monthly Grouper in an opportunity to network and get some stamps.
    07.29 AC incoming et al.
    07.28 And the prefects are...
    07.23 Your stamp collection is about to get bigger!
    07.21 Calling in the banners!
    07.15 The rubble has been cleared and deadlines loom!
    07.10 Not one, not two, but THREE more stamps to add to your collection~
    07.09 New Account Change Feature!
    07.09 Disaster strikes!
    07.08 Charmers go above and beyond...
    07.07 Pop-up protest and photobucket things
    07.06 Photobucket emergency! Read me!
    07.04 A plot is afoot ;)
    07.01 July has come! Group threads are coming!
    August 1887
    SWP7 is live!
    08.01 - 08.31 Posting Wizard
    07.01 - 08.31 Camp Charming
    08.09 - 08.16 Adinbury Hunt
    08.14 Anti-Ban Protest
    08.16 - 08.23 Sanditon Regatta
    08.25 Hogsmeade Hall Dance
    And More!

The Room Where It Happens [Lynn Plots 2.0]
    This is your official 'please put your threads on hold for a hot second' notice.

Lou wrote / is writing a bunch of letters that may or may not be sent on the evening of the tenth, meaning your character might receive it the morning of the eleventh. I will let you know asap if that happens but I still need to do one more thread before I can figure it out, so it'll be Saturday at the earliest.

If you character's life/plots would be affected by receiving their letter please don't start any threads dated after the 11th. I'm very sorry I'm putting a snag in your shit but like I said I'll let you know ASAP D:

People who currently have letters: @Charles Jameshill @Zelda Fisk @Daniel Merricks @Theodoric Jameshill @Ryder Lukeson

People who will / will probably have letters that I haven't written yet because I'm waiting on our current threads to progress more: @Amity Humphrey-Mavis @Morwenna Skeeter @Eavan MacKay (not waiting on you for the last one I've just not done it yet =P)
    [-] The following 2 users Like Lupus Jameshill's post:
       Aldous Crouch, Elsie Beauregard
    Do You Know Lou, or Charlie?
    [Image: I7y9kJ.png]
    Beautiful set by Tiff!
    BEN'S THREADS
    february - june (aka the 'let's wrap this' pile)
    » 18 let's play with john humphrey-mavis
    » 07 the story of your red right ankle with maeve connolly
    » 12 don't threaten me with a good time with howell merrick, art pettigrew, elmer macmillan, fallon abernathy
    » 29 time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'... with howell merrick
    » 15 silver linings with morwenna skeeter
    » 16 i'll place the sky within your eyes with annette fontaine
    » 20 riddle me this with pierce scabior

july, 1887
    » 07 watch your head with tatiana lestrange
    » 08 anybody wanna buy a monkey? with hortensia moody
    » 24 the lazarus effect with aldous crouch
    » 29 it's a new art form, showing people how little we care with ellory pendergast

august, 1887
    » 09 well, then. with chester beauregard
    » 09 choose your own adventure with aldous crouch

HEY FOLKS. Since Ben is taking off I'm taking this opportunity to clean up some of this older threads. Above are all the currently active threads I'm tracking for Ben (if yours isn't on there, holler at me). The top block is the "I'd like to wrap this soonish" pile. July/August I'm not too worried about since most of them are either about to get wrapped or still in their infancy so /shrug.

@Tristan Michaud I think we could wrap 'Let's Play' in your next post with a "and then they went and did other fun things" sort of close? And probably something similar could work for "Time" though maybe in 2-3 posts instead of the next one? Unless you feel very strongly about needing those threads in your life XD

@Helena MacMillan - I feel like Morwenna and Ben's thread is probably coming to an end sometime very soon anyway? Like 2-3 posts max?

Emma / @Cassius Lestrange / @Ellory Pendergast / @Annette Fontaine uhhhh how the hell are we going to finish 'Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time' ? It needs to end but I have no solid ideas XD

@Jenny, I'm enjoying Ben and Anne's thread so I wouldn't be opposed to keeping it going, but I also have nowhere it really particularly needs to go so we can probably wrap it whenever we want~

@Odira Potter @Valeria Greengrass - I have no very strong opinions on our threads sooooo I could steer them towards wrapping in the near future or wrap them with something open ended (An 'and then they did other things' sort of wrap) or keep them going as you feel so inclined, just lmk what you'd like.

THANKS Y'ALL.

The Threaten one - Just do a 'cut scene' sort of wrap? xD
    We can wrap however I have no strong feelings either!
    [Image: It5okj.png]
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    (08-10-2017, 10:16 AM)Lupus Jameshill Wrote: This is your official 'please put your threads on hold for a hot second' notice.

Lou wrote / is writing a bunch of letters that may or may not be sent on the evening of the tenth, meaning your character might receive it the morning of the eleventh. I will let you know asap if that happens but I still need to do one more thread before I can figure it out, so it'll be Saturday at the earliest.

If you character's life/plots would be affected by receiving their letter please don't start any threads dated after the 11th. I'm very sorry I'm putting a snag in your shit but like I said I'll let you know ASAP D:

People who currently have letters: @Charles Jameshill @Zelda Fisk @Daniel Merricks @Theodoric Jameshill @Ryder Lukeson

People who will / will probably have letters that I haven't written yet because I'm waiting on our current threads to progress more: @Amity Humphrey-Mavis @Morwenna Skeeter @Eavan MacKay (not waiting on you for the last one I've just not done it yet =P)

The letters that he's already written will remain unsent! You can check out this thread for more details, but the in brief version is that Lou's ex-fiancee convinced him to wait out the rest of the month. He plans to turn himself in on September 1st but enough will have changed by then to merit new letters.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Lupus Jameshill's post:
       Balthazar Urquart
    Do You Know Lou, or Charlie?
    [Image: I7y9kJ.png]
    Beautiful set by Tiff!
    Ginny would, between books and gossip their correspondance could be relatively frequent. Also Ginny might changing careers and a vacay in Canada for her could be arranged.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Ginevra Blackwood's post:
       Ophelia Dippet
    Ginevra has just been the first woman to fly around the world solo - you may be aware of this

[Image: 9yupVVd.jpg]
    Beauty by MJ!
    Arthur would definitely send letters and wants to go snowshoeing in Canada
    I think he's forgotten that Canada is different from the arctic north
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Arthur Pettigrew's post:
       Lupus Jameshill
    [Image: 2rgfha9.png]
    GLORIOUS SET BY LOLA

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Obi's Plots Obadiah Adwalton 9 232 08-10-2017, 10:29 AM
    Last Post: Astrid Parkinson