Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Soph's Networking
    Player Name Soph
    Contact: Reply here, unless it's some ~secret~ idea you have, then Skype/PM me.

Character: Adasia Mohr
    Quick Facts: Daughter of the known veela Threnody Mohr. She's one of the half-breeds affected by Hogwart's ban in 1887. Anyone who knew her at school would either perceive her as a bitch (mostly girls), or as that hot one (boys).
    House: Gryffindor
    Grad Year: 1887 (Had to leave after her 5th year)
    Class: Upper
    Blood/Race: Half-veela

Needs: Ex classmates. Other half-breeds. People of upper class society she can mingle with!
    Ex classmates: Former and current Hogwarts students. I don't have any particular needs for this. If you have someone who would have been at school with her and you want to thread them, be my guest!

Other half-breeds: Daisy's family is known as a Problematic Half-breed family. Because of that, some half-breeds might feel that they were fucked over because of them.

UC society people: Daisy is not out, but she's also not the sort to stay at home and be a demure young lady until she is. I'd love for her to interact with debutantes, socialites, bachelors, etc., especially if it's negative interactions. I like the sound of a feud with a debutante.

Hurls: Like I said, Daisy is not officially out, but she's also a flirt.
    I'd love for her to flirt with some UC guys, especially if they're already otherwise engaged! It'd be innocent flirting, as I'm not really in the market for something more serious until she's a proper adult. But yes, if you want to make things difficult for your courting characters or something, Daisy can help! ;)

Character: Artemisia Carrow
    Quick Facts: The only daughter of Isidore Carrow. The Carrows are known for being a very traditional, conservative and pro-magic family. Artemisia's also betrothed to Claude Lestrange.
    House: Slytherin
    Grad Year: 1887
    Blood/Race: PB

Needs:
    Friends: If your girl is UC or well-off MC and a PB, then there's a high chance she and Artemisia could be friendly. Her best friends are Ottiline Moody and Anais Beaumont. Generally, Artemisia is a bit of a cold bitch, so she doesn't have many close friends.

Notable Purebloods: Artemisia would mainly mingle with them, soooo.

MURDER BALL STUFF: Artemisia's brother Sterling was recently murdered in a ball. I want ALL the threads regarding it. Threads with the other suspects. Threads with people giving her their condolences. Threads with people being suspicious of her because they read too much Witch Weekly and they think she killed him... ;)

Character: Cecily Gallivan
    Quick Facts: Daughter of Chudley Cannon's sponsor. Cee used to be a really sweet and nice girl, but after discovering her father's secret, she grew more cold and aggressive in nature. Also, #puberty. She's currently a beater for the Ravenclaw Quidditch team.
    House: Ravenclaw
    Grad Year: 18xx
    Blood/Race: Halfblood

Needs:
    What happened, Cecily?: Cee used to be a really sweet and nice girl and she had many sweet and nice female friends. After she entered her rebellious phase, she probably alienated some of them. I'd love to establish some good, close old friendships that are now awkward. >:D

Bad influences: Students that would rope Cee into trouble and bad behaviour. That being said, they don't all have to be bank-robbing crack addicts. I'd love it if some of them were deemed 'bad influences' because they lean to the progressive side and are very political, for example. Cee has been vocal about blood purity issues in the past.

Quidditch players: I'd love to establish Cee's relationship with the other Hogwarts Quidditch players!

Character: Ellory Pendergast
    Quick Facts: Daughter of PSYR's owner and former Head Girl.
    House: Gryffindor
    Grad Year: 1885

Needs:
    I'm not really actively looking for anything for Ellory rn, but if you want a thread with her, do contact me!

Character: Elmer Macmillan
    Quick Facts: Owner of Tomes & Scrolls. Former lawyer for the Minister. Emo hipster weirdo.
    House: Ravenclaw
    Grad Year: 1881

Needs:
    Gimme all your emo, hipster, progressive, communists, basically alternative crowd peoples.

MORE TO COME. If you want something with a character not listed here, do post! Their apps have all the info you'd need. XP
    Lol ignore the fail above^

Eva here recently hit 1000 posts and she's supposed to be a really popular gal. Supposed to, because I feel as though she only actually has 1 friend IC. I want to establish/find some friends for Eva! They'd be female, UC with maybe some UMC ones, any blood as long as they aren't purist, around her age. They'd also need to be of a similar character to her. Throw me your young female characters to her~

I'd also love to thread her some more, but Generic Thread Between Young and Wealthy Females bore me to death so I'm not too fussed about those unless we have some great thread idea.

EDIT: I'd actually love for at least one married friend who can tell her about her ~intimate times~ with hubs. You know how in some 50s tv shows/movies the housewives do that? that scene from AHS comes to mind Like that.
    This is my new one, Dhaval! He's a member of the revolutionaries!

I'd love to figure out his dynamic with the other people on the team! Also, find him other friends. They'd likely be LC and unprejudiced. I'd love to have some Gringott related threads.

I suck at networking, throw me things pls. xD
    Dhaval speaks with an Indian accent.
    My Rev's are @Esteban Zavala and whilst not exactly one of the Rev's in the sense of he's here to #FITEFORRITES, @Montgomery Morales is also part of the group ad. He's the Montparnasse that's 'buddies' with Kieran.
    [Image: oicvlM.png]
    I can see him getting along really well with Esteban!

He'd like Montgomery too though he might find him off-putting at times. I enjoy how he's a criminal and Dhaval works as security for a bank, we should definitely do some kind of banter-y thread about that. xD

@Clarissa Cosgrove

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Open Thread Bree's Networking 4.0 Annabelle Scrimgeour 2 1,118 01-17-2018, 01:38 AM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour
      John's Networking Qedma Bakaffa 4 156 12-29-2017, 08:11 PM
    Last Post: Aldous Crouch
    Open Thread Silver's Networking! Nerissa Stone 18 573 12-26-2017, 08:53 PM
    Last Post: Elsie Beauregard
      Nichole's Networking V.3 Calla Potts 0 62 12-26-2017, 05:16 PM
    Last Post: Calla Potts
      Networking Guidelines & Coding Elsie Beauregard 3 3,325 12-25-2017, 08:31 AM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour