Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!
    09.02 The AC is underway, and the results are in for Camp Charming...
    09.01 September ahoy! A new school year, new skins, and elections!
    08.27 Upcoming AC and Wizengamot tweak
    08.21 So you want to be a Student Club President?
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.

Confusion is Permitted
    Open Thread 
    June 19th
    Permits.

Without a doubt, they were the least thrilling part of any of the things Herbert considered to be his ‘job’, but they were a necessary evil in order to lead the kind of life (and host the sort of events!) that he desired. The regatta would be a particularly intensive event to hold at the Sanditon, and required a great deal of paperwork from myriad departments in order to see that it went off without a hitch.

And so Herbert had decided to make a trio of days of it, having arrived yesterday in London and intending to spend tomorrow enjoying himself. Today, though, was the errand of it, and saw the wizard stood in the atrium of the Ministry of Magic offices, not entirely sure what to do with himself. In past, the hotelier had always owled in any applications he needed, but given how much he had riding on this, Herbert had decided that the personal touch might be better.

He was questioning that decision now.

Plainly perplexed, he remained rooted where he was by the fountain as he struggled to figure out just where he ought to go from here.
    set by stef <3
    [Image: z88GyXt.png]

The Sanditon Resort
    Wants You!
    H. E. Fudge: April 1st, 1849 - July 9, 1887
    Akira was on her way out, she figured some tasks could be finished from home, when she spotted a man who looked a bit lost. She looked around the floor, it didn't look like anyone else noticed the man rooted next to the fountain so she sighed and made her way over, even though it was not her department. "Hello there sir, can I direct you somewhere?" She asked politely, her ministry face on, complete with smile.

“Merlin, yes!” he replied, tone plainly relieved. If the young lady had any more idea where he was going than Herbert himself, the wizard would be in much better shape.

“I have permits to file,” Herbert explained, “several of them. The department of International Magical Co-Operation for travel waivers, the Department of Magical Games and Sports for event waivers, and no doubt I should check in with the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes—they usually like to be kept appraised of my plans, you see.”
    set by stef <3

The Sanditon Resort
    Wants You!
    Akira kept a blank face, even when he mentioned her department first. This man must have some big event, or place that he runs, but why not owl in the papers? Akira held out her hand as she spoke. "I am the secretary for the International magical co-operation, so I can take those if you'd like. I can also take the waivers for the games and sports division, so that'll leave you with the accidents and catastrophes on level 3." Akira was on good terms with most of the staff in the games and sports departments, so she didn't mind heading over there. Besides she had a feeling of wanting to help this wizard, like he deserved some extra kindness because it might be in short supply in the next month. "In the future it would probably be better to owl this in, unless you actually enjoy coming here."

His delight at her offer shrank slightly at her suggestion—the suggestion that he had somehow erred in coming here.

“I typically do, Miss,” he answered, still brightly though there was a hint of reservation in his eyes. “Given, though, the grand nature of this event, I was quite loathe to leave it in the claws of even the most reliable owl—and I find the Minsitry of Magic, though a beacon of our civilization, is often a smidgeon slow if a personal touch does not accompany any such filings.”
    set by stef <3

The Sanditon Resort
    Wants You!

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Private Thread Eternal State of Confusion Endymion Dempsey 3 172 07-13-2017, 09:58 PM
    Last Post: Annabeth Jennings