Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!
    09.02 The AC is underway, and the results are in for Camp Charming...
    09.01 September ahoy! A new school year, new skins, and elections!
    08.27 Upcoming AC and Wizengamot tweak
    08.21 So you want to be a Student Club President?
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.

Into the Wild
    This is a leather journal, enchanted against wind and water damage.

There are pictures and pieces of paper clipped, taped and attached to the various pages.
    [Image: ebcbe9bc6fe50fd20707410394e929b2.jpg]
    Ginevra has just been the first woman to fly around the world solo - you may be aware of this

[Image: 9yupVVd.jpg]
    Beauty by MJ!
    [Image: germany_zpsbnxu9nnn.jpg]
    The Chasers , Captain, and Owner of the Oberuckeree Einhorn - Left to Right Alda Schneider. Hans Fischer (Captain) , Manfrit Schmidt (Owner), Truda Müller, Freidreich Weber,

June 11th 1887
    Day 1

Oberuckeree, Germany

It’s the morning of the big event! All of my training has come to this! It’s very exciting.  My mother is almost at the point of tears, Bertram isn’t exactly thrilled, but my father is beaming! He is so proud and as long as I have his blessing that is all that matters.  Bertram doesn’t think that my team will be thrilled but a daughters duty is a fathers command.  My father has asked me to do this for the company and so I shall.

The launch went well, I made good time on the first number of miles and I made it to my nights resting spot but an hour behind schedule.  It’s a little odd to be behind already, but I’ll redo my calculations this evening and hopefully it won’t affect the trip too much.  My guesstimation at the moment is that it will result in 14 hours of flying instead or 12-13 is not an ideal scenario but it shouldn’t affect things too much and I should be able to make some efficiencies on a few of the days

When I arrived I was invited to have dinner with members of Das Oberuckeree Einhorn. They were incredibly welcoming and I was so greatful for the company and of course a good meal.

Production Notes
    I didn’t feel like I was going just as fast as anticipated.

Tomorrow: Rest Spot: Koryazhma, Russian
    Arrival Time: 18:30

Ginevra has just been the first woman to fly around the world solo - you may be aware of this

Beauty by MJ!
    [Image: potions_zps0ten4uld.jpg]
    The Russian Potioners

June 12th 1887
    Day 2

Moscow, Russia,

I didn’t manage to make it to Koryazhma it became clear pretty early on that I was going nowhere near fast enough to make the meeting point.   So  I made some changes to my course.  I thought it best to try and make Moscow and find somewhere to stay there.  I managed to make it, thankfully It was after 7pm by the time I got to the magical portions of the city, and was grateful when there was a room to rent in Inn there.  It wasn’t much but I realise that there may be other destinations that I will not reach, so I send the hall boy to the outfitters for a tent and some other camping provisions, should I be forced to make landfall away from the civilisation either because the broom has failed me, or because the risk of exposure to muggles it too great.  

I spent a fairly comfortable night in the Inn, speaking with some Russian potioneers, who provided great entertainment for the evening, despite my limited ability with the language.  Their English proved exemplary.  

Production Notes
    There are definite speed issues, it felt as though the speed was dropping and gaining at random intervals.  I tried several things but couldn’t find a reason for the drop in momentum.  

Tomorrow: Rest Spot: The original plan of 1990 miles per day would put me over Surinda, however with recent malfunctions I will see how far I get in 12 hours

Beauty by MJ!
    [Image: cmping_zpsushbmep7.jpg]
    In the wild

June 13th 1887
    Day 3

Urkash, Kazakhstan

Today has been a disaster! I only reached half the distance that I should have. The broom has apparently been pulling to the right all day, I am no longer in russia but appear to have ended up over Kazakhstan. I am bloody furious! I was checking my instruments all day and there was nothing wrong with them, they told me I was a straight course!

I think I have managed to correct the issue, somewhat but I will have to edit my route as I go make sure I stay on the right route. I’ve had to put down in a clearing in the middle of nowhere, I don’t think I can make it to a town, and if I could I wouldn’t know how friendly it would be to a woman with no chaperone and well…a wand.

The tent is small for a wizarding tent but comfortable and I have need of nothing. I will spend the evening reading by the fire, and checking my course for tomorrow. I am unable to say where my next stop will be because I am unsure how ‘fixed’ the problem with navigation is.

Production Notes
    Broom pulls to the right when flying at top speed and at high altitude.

Tomorrow: Rest Spot: Unable to confirm

Beauty by MJ!
    [Image: ginny%20mongolialetter_zps0klm23yo.jpg]
    Mongolian tribes women in Alti Mountains, Dari, Badma, and Lubsang

June 15th 1887
    Day 4

Alti Mountainss Mongolia,

Today say yet further pulling to the right, I’m not sure of the collabrations I’ve made to my instruments will be enough to fully correct the issue. I thought I was further northwards and was looking for my prearranged spot but it never came. I flew for 15 hours before I dared land, settling on a mountainous region which would offer me some protection from muggles. Of course I was not in luck this time, and was actually met by a small group of mountain tribesmen. They apparently have not fear of wizard kind and were rather nice to me. I spent the evening in camp with them.

Their way of life is so foreign, I cannot imagine living my whole life in a tent, muggle or magical, and living on goats meat and milk, but they seem happy and since such wonderful songs. There was something very Romantic, about the setting.

I have taken 2 copies of the picture plate, when I get to the next large magical town I will have a copy sent to Mister Crouch, I think it will amuse him that the maiden conquered Mongolia
    Tomorrow I will have to rely on more manual methods of plotting my course! I think Papa will have to go back to the drawing board on the navigation system. It hasn’t been of much use to date.

Production Notes
    The navigation system should be scrapped!

Tomorrow: Rest Spot: STILL WRONG!

Beauty by MJ!
    [Image: canaries_zpst9dadstr.jpg]
    (Kaytum канарейка Back Row -Left to Right)
    Darya Mikhailova, Anastasiya Popova, Vladlena Sokolova, Evgeniya Fedorova, Irina Morozova, Anfisa Volkova, Oksana Vasilieva
    (Front Row -Left to Right) Svetlana Petrova, Vera Lebedeva, Marta Ivanova, Ludmila Smirnova, Еvа Kuznetsova, Valeriya Kuznetsova

June 15th 1887
    Day 5

Kaytun Russia,

I have managed to get back into Russia! At last! The speed has once again dropped, I must be doing less than half of my expected speed but I managed to make it to Kaytun, and thankfully I know from my brothers grand tour that there is an Inn there that will accommodate magical kind, and of course there is an all ladies Quidditch team there, the Kaytum канарейка (Canaries).

It was only 5pm when I landed and I thought I might as well check out the training grounds and happened upon the team in practice. With flying all day I wasn’t able to train with them, but I did join them afterwards for dinner and to trade Quidditch war stories. It was a most entertaining evening, and I feel most refreshed after the evening.

Production Notes
    Speed has dropped, but otherwise no change.

Tomorrow: Rest Spot: I hope to make camp on the banks of the Aldan River

Beauty by MJ!
    [Image: beanh1_zps3lwukalz.jpg]
    Banks of the Sea of Okhotsk

June 16th 1887
    Day 6

Sea of Okhotsk,

Today was a disaster! I was made just over 600 miles! Pathetic! I was preparing to fly over the sea of Okhotsk, when I encountered a large flock of gulls, or at least I think they were gulls, but they felt a lot larger. Either way they flew at me at speed and I pulled my wand to keep them at bay. I managed to safe myself and my broom, but I lost my balance for a moment and in regaining it I dropped my blasted wand!

In my arrogance I thought I would make up the time I lost and so hadn’t told anyone I was behind schedule. I have no choice now but to press on and hope to encounter a means to get a message home.

Production Notes
    Acceleration is sluggish

Tomorrow: Rest Spot: I hope to fly1200 miles tomorrow, it's far, but I need to make up timeand I can sacrifice some sleep for the extra distance.
    Arrival Time: 23:40

Beauty by MJ!
    [Image: provi_zpsrqdomjhm.jpg]
    Left to Right Chukothka, Alimya, Okrug, Thinya

June 17th 1887
    Day 7

Proideniya, Russia

Merlin I’m tired! – no exhausted would be a better word. I feel like I need to spend a week sleeping. Today was hard, almost harder than any Quidditch match I’ve ever been in, even the Arrows match last year that lasted 3 days. My concentration couldn’t let up for a second and I felt every aching mile and every buffet of the wind. By my best calculation today marks almost the half way point in terms of miles covered, I should have been almost home by now!

The area I've pitched up in very rural, there isn't much here but there was a small village nearby where I was able to refresh my provisions. I don't think they get too many visitors here because they gave me a bottle of thier local distilled spirit, and some of the little girls performed a traditional dance. It was a lovely specticle.

On another note, I think Papa and his designers might need to have a think about their publicity! They’ve seriously over estimated this broom! As it currently stands I wouldn’t even use this model in practice never mind in a competition. Tomorrow should see me over into North America – presuming no more disasters!

Production Notes
    Speed is very inconsistent, it accelerates and decelerates at random.

Tomorrow: Rest Spot: Just shy of Yukon Territory

Beauty by MJ!
    [Image: fairview_zpso2z9lvkx.jpg]
    (left to Right) Rudy 'Red' Schwalb (muggle), Earnest 'Nucky' Harding (muggle), Lewis 'Slick' Dorrit, James Farthing (owner- muggle). Seamus 'Tiny' McCormack, Franklin 'Frankie' Armstrong

June 18th 1887
    Day 8

Fairbank Alaska,

I landed into Fairbank at 7:20pm, there isn’t much of a ‘town’ in this little spec of wilderness, there is a saloon Inn, a general store and a livery. There are perhaps 10 families living close by and making up the entire population. Most work the land, or try and raise live stock in the harsh terrain.

What I did not expect from the small community was that there would be several magical individuals among them. It was only when I realised that I could see several individuals ascending to a third floor of the Inn that no one else seemed to notice. Without my wand I had no way of proving who I was until I was able to go up to the third floor as well. These secreted rooms included a general store for magical objects and ingredients, social spaces for the magical kinfolk, and a small room used for the tuition of the only 2 magical children in the community. Their parents had not wanted them to attend Ilvermony preferring to keep them close. I had hoped they might have an owl dispatch so I could send a letter home but I was again out of luck.

I spent a pleasant evening with the magical and non-magical members of the community, who were welcoming and affable. It was nice to sleep inside a building and not in my tent for the first time in quiet a while – even if the tent might have actually been a more comfortable bedroom.

Production Notes
    Nothing new to report.

Tomorrow: Rest Spot: Yukon Territory

Beauty by MJ!
    [Image: yuokn_zpsd6qq4s3d.jpg]
    (Left to Right) Charles Baker, Eugene Gladstone, Miles Warren

June 19th 1887
    Day 9

Wrigley Yukon Territory,

Todays flight was actually relatively pleasant, the air was cold, bitterly so but so fresh I blew away the cob webs and I felt invigorated for the first time in days. In many ways it’s because I can see the end of my journey in sight, even with all the set backs I cannot have more than a few days of travel left. I dare not say more in fear of jinxing myself.

This evening I set down in Wrigley, a town a little larger than Fairbanks but made up pf roughly the same kind of people. There are no magical kin here, as least not that I can tell, but I did get speaking to a few locals. The area is ripe with gold mines, and people living in tents and moving on is not such a strange sight to them. A few claims have been formally staked in the hopes of a striking rich, but I got the impression from one mother that the ‘mines’ were as much about giving second sons something to do until they got old enough to be interested in wives. It was a very odd conversation, but a most enjoyable one and I learned great deal about mining for gold the muggle way –should I ever decide to strike a claim for myself. Although I believe claim jumping is a much easier way to get a good spot.

Production Notes
    There was a great deal of drag in the brooms tail today, I’m not sure if it was due to the wind or the broom itself.

Tomorrow: Rest Spot: Baker Lake

Beauty by MJ!
    [Image: inuits_zpsjfpcbcur.jpg]
    (Left to Right) Ataneq, and his family, Chinook, K'eyush, Meshik, Chulyin, and wife Suyitnu
    June 20th 1887
    Day 10

Baker lake, Nunavut,

Today I almost crashed, I have to write it out before I lose the nerve to admit it! It has been years since a broom, or circumstances while on it, has managed to unseat me and today it came blooming close. It was so cold my fingers almost froze to the shaft of the broom, and I became unable to control the broom. I managed to slow down enough to let me increase the blood flow to my fingers and allowed me to gain control again. It was a little frightening! Without my wand, without transportation, and without any way of contacting home I would have died out here.

In the end I made it to Baker lake a little more than hour later than my intended arrival time and found a family of Inuit’s near my landing site. I managed to disguise my landing and get settled in but my curiosity got the better of me, and I introduced myself to them. They explained the finer points of Ice fishing, and how they eek a living from this most in hospitable climate. I will say that the fish seemed to taste better than anything I’d ever had in London –fresher perhaps? They have few animals but did provide me a jar of butter from their herd.

Production Notes
    Nothing new to report

Tomorrow: Rest Spot:

Beauty by MJ!
    [Image: reindeer_zpsk6chl9mj.jpg]
    Manwell Boz, and Louis Crewe
    June 21st 1887
    Day 11

Hall Beach, Nunavut

I fear the broom is now pulling to the left, but only by a very small margin, I ended up 5 miles north of my intended target. However, it ended up rather well. I landed and set up camp and took a walk to appreciate the beauty of the area. It was very fine. I happened upon a house, and the occupants told me there was a settlement some 3 miles from there. I thought it too far to walk in the weather and unprepared for the hike but they offered me passage on their sled, which is what passes for a carriage! It was most envigorating and the reindeer which pulled it were wonderous, cluddly looking creatures, as one would expect if you crossed a horse and a perhaps a shaggy cat. They were actually quiet affectionate, and one of the younger ones even followed the owner around like a dog when he was let off the tack. I even got to use ski's which was most difficult and Im glad no one was there to see me fall over!

Despite the wonders of this very alien land, I am looking forward to getting home to the warmth of England at this time of year.

Production Notes
    Pull to the left, stabalisers feel uneven.

Beauty by MJ!
    [Image: gulls_zps7wo44wjw.jpg]
    Gulls of Llokok Island

June 22nd 1887
    Day 12

Llilok Island, Nunavut

It has been a long and cold day. I seem to have solved the problem with the pull, as I made it to Llilok Island. I need to rest. Flew for 15 hours to get this far -so much for my 12 hour flight times, and pleasant inns, it was perhaps too niave of me to think that this would be that easy.

And I suppose this makes for a better story.

I need to tend the fire, and then get some sleep.

Production Notes
    Stabilisers are getting worse

Beauty by MJ!