Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!
    09.02 The AC is underway, and the results are in for Camp Charming...
    09.01 September ahoy! A new school year, new skins, and elections!
    08.27 Upcoming AC and Wizengamot tweak
    08.21 So you want to be a Student Club President?
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.

Going Home
    Private Thread 
    Apollo was in a spot that the school year was over, instead of being happy to go home, he felt anxious. How should he act? What was the proper protocol? What was the 'right' thing to do. Fortunately he and his siblings were open to get a compartment to themselves. He wanted to sound cheerful, to tease Hestia, but the thought of going home was weighing too much on his mind. He did have some fond memories from the school year, but the anticipation of how to go through the situation at home had his mind going though too many goalposts. The train gave a slight heave and he let out a sigh, looking out the window as they headed somewhere he wasn't sure he really wanted to go to.

@Artemis Fairchild, @Hestia Fairchild

Artie wasn't sure what they were going to do once they got home. She and her twin had just started to talk and have a relationship like they used to. She wasn't completely sure what had caused him to stop in the first place, but knew it had started at home. Would he stop talking to her again? She didn't want to seem clingy... but he was her twin. He was her brother. They'd always done everything together.

She put a hand on his shoulder. 'What is on your mind, Apollo?'  Artie knew as well as he did that the pair of them could read each other. Like how they could read Hesita better than she could read them.
    @Hestia Fairchild @Apollo Fairchild
    [Image: NYkzXoo.jpg]
    Kelly made Artie's set
    OWLs: Divination, Muggle Studies, Arithmancy
    Hestia watched her siblings. At least she was seeing more of her brother. It had been upsetting to her that her own brother had been avoiding them for part of the school year. She wanted to ask why. Maybe she should. After all, she couldn't mess up any more than she had already been doing so. Maybe that was why he was ignoring her? She didn't know, or understand.
    "What she means is, why have you been ignoring us for part of the year? I have to say, my feelings are hurt. Do you have a crush? Is it because of a girl? Or is it because I keep messing up this school year? Or is it because we're too boring, because I can be more funny, I promise I can. Oh... or is it because you have a bunch of studying to do, because this school does have a lot of stuff. Or maybe it's beca-" she had been rambling on and on, until she was interrupted.

(OOC- Whoever would more likely interrupt their dear sister.)
    @Artemis Fairchild @Apollo Fairchild
    Set created by me! Check out more at my graphics shop!
    [Image: gPw2w7b.jpg]
    Hestia has a scar from the Tigerpocalypse. The story is she got it from a flying tiger. She has also grown 4 inches this summer.
    [Image: 7YLuwK0.jpg][Image: uZwWyBq.jpg]
    [Image: IehoV2.jpg][Image: idc8Bh2.jpg]
    Artie let out a sigh at their younger sister. 'Hestia.' she said wearily. ' That is not what I meant. The last past is the past and we should focus on the present.' with that, the Ravenclaw turned to her twin, expecting an answer to her earlier question.
    @Apollo Fairchild @Hestia Fairchild
    Kelly made Artie's set
    Apollo gave a grin when Hestia rambled and Mist cut her off, it felt so familiar and it reminded him of good times. Apollo turned to look his sister in the eyes, trying to search through them, see if he could tell her, if she could handle it, if.....if it could change them. That was really what he was worried about. He didn't want their dynamic to change, he especially didn't want to lose that kinship, that bond with his....twin. No matter what he knew, Artemis would always be his twin, he knew she could handle the news, but he didn't want anything to change. He was petrified that he might lose the bond they had, it seemed ludicrous, yet that thought was there all the same.

His attention turned back to their fiery haired younger sister. "That mouth of yours is always going nonstop, I swear you're worse than that house ghost you got, whose always yammering on about this and that." He gave her a sneer before laughing, he wasn't sure he wanted to tell Hestia, she was younger and he felt like he had a duty to protect her from things that would cause her distress, and he had no idea how she would handle the news. "Oh Hestia that reminds me, I think some of the other first year Gryffindor's were looking for you, something to do with a house farewell, you should go see, I think they looted the trolley even." Apollo hoped this would give him enough time to tell Mist before she'd come back, as angry as a boar.
    @Artemis Fairchild @Hestia Fairchild

Hestia faked offensive to his words. "Your mouth is much worse!! Do you hear yourself? Always talking about books, so boring." She said in an exaggerated tone. She giggled slightly. She looked between her siblings with glee.
    Then she perked up at the next things that her brother was saying. She watched him intently, bouncing up and down where she sat. "Really?" She said with excitement. The minute he stopped talking, she darted out, excitement running through her veins.
    Hestia has a scar from the Tigerpocalypse. The story is she got it from a flying tiger. She has also grown 4 inches this summer.
    The minute their baby sister was gone, Artie raised an eyebrow at her twin. 'There is no such thing going on.' her tone was curious, not at all causing. 'Why did you lie? Is there something you don't wish for her to know?'
    Kelly made Artie's set
    Apollo hesitated for a moment before beginning, he knew this probably the best chance he would get to tell Mist, and he really wanted to have her support going home. "Look I found out, I mean I overheard...Mom and Dad...well really, actually...I heard them say...well the thing of it is, we're not actually twins." He finally blurted out, he paused only long enough to breathe in before continuing with his yammering stance. "We're actually cousins, my birth mum, my Dad's, er Uncle's sister died not too long after having me, and our....parents took me in and since you and I were so close in age, they decided it would be best if we were raised as twins and it was easy to pull off."

Apollo finally stopped here, trying to take it all in. He hadn't been expecting how hard it was going to be, or how great it would fill to finally have it out. Before his sister started he placed a hand over hers. "But you're still my twin, I don't care if technically aren't, it still feels that way to me." He gave her a smile before sitting back, as if a literal weight had disappeared from his chest.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Apollo Fairchild's post:
       Artemis Fairchild

Whatever Artie had been expecting, it wasn't that. She stared at her brother - er, cousin? - in shock and she couldn't think of what words she wanted to say. She was upset that he'd waited, almost a whole year, before telling her.  To top that off, he waited until they were almost home before telling her. She didn't know how to respond to him, but felt a small sliver of relief when he finally looked relaxed for the first time in a year.

She wanted to say something, and she knew he was probably expecting her to say  something. She didn't know what she was going to say, or what she was going to do. Was she going to yell at him for dropping this news in her lap just before they got home? Was she going to ignore him? She hadn't decided. It would be easier to forget this knowledge; she was sure that's what he'd been trying to do all year.

'Of ourse we'll always be twins.' she gave him a tight smile. 'That, at least, will never change.' at least she'd found her voice to say something, right?
    Kelly made Artie's set
    Hestia had figured out her brother's lie much sooner than he had probably hoped her to. No sweets, no friendly little gathering either. She had wanted to make more friends!!
    She was in the worst of moods now. She was grumpily stomping back to their compartment, when she heard what her sister had said before she had opened the door. 'We'll always be twins'? What was that supposed to mean?
    Then a gross thought came to mind and her eyes went wide as her nose scrunched up. Were they... were they getting married?! Ew!! She opened the door quickly, looked between the two of them in absolute horror, then shrieked. "Ew, the two of you are so gross!!" She exclaimed, before darting off once more
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Hestia Fairchild's post:
       Artemis Fairchild
    Apollo waited anxiously for Artemis, it seemed like an eternity when she finally answered. Apollo felt the sincerity in the words, but noted the way she smiled and her mood felt off, he had a feeling she was teed that he waited so long to tell her, not to mention the timing was off, he hoped it was just those things. He knew that it was a bit of a shock, he opened his mouth to say something when the door to their compartment was flung open, a wilder than usual looking Hestia standing there. Apollo braced himself for her to be mad at his little fib, but instead he found himself and Mist being called gross before she bolted. Apollo looked towards Artemis confusion clearly on his face.

Artie felt about the same as Apollo did. What was her sister talking about? Obviously Hestia hadn't heard the whole conversation or else she wouldn't have gone running. Possibly. The Ravenclaw finally shrugged. 'She'll be back any moment.' for a moment she forgot that her 'twin' was actually her cousin. She wished that bit of information would stay forgotten.
    @Apollo Fairchild
    Kelly made Artie's set
    The feeling in their compartment was hard for Apollo to grasp. Artemis had not run away screaming at the news, but she didn't comfort him either, give him some hope that nothing was different. He smiled at her, maybe he just needed to wait, give it time, he was sure everything would be okay, it had to be. "Yeah, she's so daft sometimes. I wonder what she thought she heard?" He laughed a bit as he considered it.

(I think we can archive this now?)

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Private Thread Towards The Sun (From "Home") Sweetie Whitledge 4 185 07-30-2017, 10:48 AM
    Last Post: Sweetie Whitledge
    Private Thread Home Sorcha 0 135 03-13-2017, 03:47 PM
    Last Post: Sorcha
    Private Thread Home for the Holidays Patience Todd 9 873 02-03-2017, 08:04 PM
    Last Post: Yearly Todd
    See Inside... Thread Accidental Home Invasions Ezra Vablatsky 1 345 01-06-2017, 08:06 AM
    Last Post: Eva Sleptova
    Private Thread Honey, I'm Home! Threnody Mohr 8 673 10-29-2016, 06:03 PM
    Last Post: Threnody Mohr