Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~
    09.30 The AC Approaches
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    09.24 A wild election deadline appears!
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!

June '17
    Happy June everybody! Some announcements, for your perusal.

The Activity Check is not today. It is, however, on June 3rd.
    Hogwarts drop-outs may now post for usergroup changes over in Maintenance. Please consider the realism of your ex-fifth years (and other students) continuing with Hogwarts while you make your decisions!
    Summer interns may now claim their stuff in maintenance. 
    Check out the Reconciliation Day information in Contests & Events.

AND CONGRATULATIONS TO HUFFLEPUFF, WHICH WON THE 1887 HOUSE CUP WITH 665 POINTS! They're followed by Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Gryffindor, in that order.
    [Image: HPj4EKF.gif]
    [-] The following 2 users Like Cassius Lestrange's post:
       Imogen MacFusty, Odira Potter
    I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]

NEW SKINS — For real this time!

Previous skins are still available for you to use, and for those who are unsure how to change skins: User CP > Edit Options > Other Options > Board Style.

This Summer we have four new skins featuring lovely banners from Rune (@Violet Wiltingham), Meeka (@Katherine Midford), Lady (@Tilda MacFusty), and Bee (@Elsie Beauregard – Verdant). Thank you to everyone who sent one (or more) in, they were all stunning and it was incredibly hard to pick between them.

You may have noticed (or not, it was removed for that very reason) that the Daily Prophet and Witch Weekly headline boxes have vanished from the sidebar and a few days ago headlines moved to our scrollbox at the top of the forum.

As always, it wouldn't have been possible without Té's (@Barnabas Skeeter) original work.
    Rune keeps spoiling me unexpectedly with graphical wonders

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Good morning everybody!

The Activity Check is today, and everyone's posts now count for June thanks to the work of MJ who is the light of my life. You may post in maintenance for reactivations starting on June 7th at 9:30 A.M. As usual this only applies to accounts deactivated in the AC; other reactivations may be requested at any time. If all of your accounts are inactive, you may immediately post to deactivate one. Please keep in mind that it may take a day or two for us to get to any new applications!

July's AC will be on July 1st. (Ha.)
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Cassius Lestrange's post:
       Theseus Greengrass
    set by MJ!

Hellooooo darlings! Hope you're enjoying the new skins! Congratulations to Lynn for winning May's posting wizard with a whopping 329 posts! @Eli Swan

Networking has been cleaned out of old threads! Leniency was given to new members whose threads were started by still-active characters. Please, please, please mark them open! I am however, holding some hostage, so if you think you might want yours back, PM me on Elsie to beg my forgiveness. [Image: _devil__by_oblivion00.gif]
    [-] The following 3 users Like Elsie Beauregard's post:
       Cassius Lestrange, Katherine Midford, Odira Potter
    Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
    [Image: rb7FoHm.png]
    stunning set by Lady ♥
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    IT IS OUR BIRTHDAY!!!!
    [Image: w6AAA.gif]
    Charming is officially seven today! Thanks so much for working to make it everything that it is - it wouldn't be the same without all of you!!
    [Image: partying.gif]
    Those of you who collect stamps can post in the stamp station to collect the SEVENTH BIRTHDAY STAMP OMG!!! It'll exist soon.

Also, today is IC the day of the reconciliation day procession, as well as the reconciliation ball!
    [Image: 5OWd_f-maxage-0.gif]

set by MJ!

We’ve added a new spreadsheet to help track character-created businesses. Drop by and add yours today, or take a look to find your next employer!

June 15th (that’s Thursday!) is the last day to sign up for broom jousting or submit ideas for ball crawl, the more the merrier in both cases! For more information on both events, check out the June events thread!

June 15th is also the start of my favourite time of year: PREFECT SEASON [Image: partay___nanoemo___day_3_by_krissi001-d5jypzz.gif]

That’s right, prefect applications are kicking off THIS THURSDAY and I need YOU! We’ll be hiring…
    — Fifth Year Gryffindor Male & Female
    — Fifth Year Hufflepuff Male & Female
    — Fifth Year Ravenclaw Male & Female
    — Fifth Year Slytherin Male & Female
    — Sixth Year Hufflepuff Male
    — Sixth Year Ravenclaw Female
    — Sixth Year Slytherin Female
    — Seventh Year Gryffindor Female
    — Seventh Year Hufflepuff Male
    — Seventh Year Slytherin Male & Female
    — Head Boy
    — Head Girl
    Remember, all years are those your student will be in next year. Don’t have any characters that qualify? There’s an entire list for that #addafourth! Characters accepted on or after May 15th need 5 IC posts to apply. Those made before May 15th need 25 IC posts to apply. You can have these done at any time before July 15th, but cannot apply until you do.

— Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —
    #kaytesactivethreads

set by the unparalleled lady

I. If you look to your left, you’ll notice that certain abilities now have shiny new ribbons ;) The system details are laid out for you right here! I think I got everyone who needs one, but if I missed you, please post in the linked thread.

II. Adoptables is a mess again. Come on, guys, put away your toys when you’re done with them! Please take a few moments this week to go through your want ads, archive those that are taken, figure out which are and aren’t actually reserved, and remove things you don’t need anymore!

III. Your friendly neighbourhood Nolan would like me to remind you that identifying main accounts is good for your health. I suggested lots of mean alternatives to him—don’t give him an opportunity to use them ;)

[Image: 8TMlr71.png]
    behold, the glory of rune!
    The forums for ball crawl & the Irvingly Jubilee Picnic are now up!
    set by MJ!

This is your friendly reminder that the July AC is one week from today. Please remember to post your characters, get them on the CML, and fill out their mini-profiles!
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Cassius Lestrange's post:
       Aldous Crouch
    set by MJ!

In case you haven't noticed, Photobucket—a popular image hosting site—is now cracking down on hotlinking, requiring members to pay a steep premium in order to use their images off-site. The result has "broken" a lot of images throughout the RP community; you'll know it when you see it xD What does this mean for Charming?
    — If you play a seer, metamorphmagus, or animagus, please post in maintenance to get these ribbons updated. They've already broken >.>
    Other ribbons will be updated with a new URL this weekend. Please don't let us know if they've broken in the interim or we will be flooded and die.
    — If you see another character with a broken avatar or signature image, let them know!
    — Have you posted signature buttons? If you have and used photobucket to do so, please reupload and update your coding! Posts containing broken Photobucket images will be deleted beginning July 7th.
    — If you see any board images (excluding ribbons) affected by this issue, please PM or Skype a member of the staff team.
    Thanks for your help and your patience!
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Odira Potter's post:
       Belladonna Normanson
    — Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —
    #kaytesactivethreads

set by the unparalleled lady

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      June 2016 Barnabas Skeeter 11 8,054 06-28-2016, 07:51 AM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      June '15 Cassius Lestrange 16 11,891 06-27-2015, 09:52 AM
    Last Post: Barnabas Skeeter