Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

The Networking of L (Updated 10/28)
    Open Thread 
    Player Name: L
    Contact: Just drop a PM to any of the characters! Or you can reply here.

44 | Gryffindor CLASS of '60 | Upper Class/Pureblood
    Director for the Museum of Magical Miscellany 

Ryder is a pretty down to earth guy, he is not crazy into blood 'purity', has nothing against lower classes, loves his family and generally keeps to himself, books, antique finds, and work. Oh, he is also a werewolf. Does your character have any old, interesting things? Bring them to Ryder! He might offer a nice price for said item, should it tickle his fancy. Ryder is probably on good terms with people who visit the Museum frequently, or gentleman from the club Blacks.
    Friends:Thom Pettigrew,.....
    Love:His wife. Guinevere Lukeson, whom he loves and adores.

14 | Slytherin Class of '91 | Middle CLass/Halfblood
    Student

Evelyn is a shy girl, she was very sheltered at home, her Grandfather doing everything he could to keep her sequestered. This radiates to school, and while she enjoys learning, she has trouble relating to her peers. Evelyn would enjoy being around other calm kids. Evelyn is also a bit worried about the talk around school of her mother being an American Muggle. She tries to distance herself from it, but people talk, and some can be quite nasty. Doing her fourth year she has made a resolution to be more outgoing and to get to know more people.
    Friends: Topaz Urquart,....
    Loves: Evelyn probably has a crush on a boy, her age or slightly older.

19 | Graduate of Mahoutokoro, class of 1886 | Middle Class/Halfblood
    Secretery in the Department of International Magical Co-Operation

Akira is very guarded about her personal life, which can make her cold and indifferent. At work she is efficient, and can be friendly, as long as conversation sticks to trivial matters. She does not go out and socialize much, but does enjoy being in nature, especially by water.
    Friends: None
    Loves: Akira would like to be in a relationship, but is conflicting, she had feelings for a girl while in school, but know's this is not 'correct', but she is also drawn to men.

25 | Hufflepuff CLASS of '80 | Lower Class/Halfblood
    Lady's Maid to Hannah Pettigrew

Mary enjoys life,  she enjoys how simple her life is.  She is easy going with a smile for most. She is a diligent worker and is probably friends to other lady's maids.
    Friends:....
    Loves: Mary enjoys having a beau, especially strong or handsome ones, but nothing serious, and never with anyone that could damage her reputation, or in a manner that would make it easy for her to conceal her less than virtuous activities.

25 | Attended Beauxbatons class of 1879 | Upper Class/Pureblood
    Orchard Owner
    Looking for Hurls
    Célian is driven business man, who can have tunnel focus when it comes to work. Currently in London while he works on his new business venture. 
    Friends:...None, come be his friend!!
    Loves: Célian would love to find a bride who doesn't mind that he focuses on work, and who also wouldn't mind living in France. 

19 | Attended Beauxbatons class of 1886 | Upper Class/Pureblood
    Socialite
    Catalina is in England to really lay low, but her Father is using the reliable, 'looking for a suitable husband' line. She is being chaperoned by her widowed Uncle and is also advancing her Father's blood purists interests in England, to which her Uncle is unawares.
    Friends Other upper class ladies, especially those with similar thoughts on blood purity.
    Loves: Rich, young and attractive, are her sweet spots.

25 | No Magical Education| Upper Class/Muggle
    Spare Heir
    Currently Randall is off training a prostitute to debut into the upper echelons. Why? Because he thinks it will be fun, his year of drinking and cavorting around the world was too much of a blur and felt uninspired and lazy, this would be a promising and fun thing to do. However he is starting to develop feelings for the lady in question.
    Friends: Practically anyone, have a muggle that needs more interaction? Or a character in Irvingly?
    Loves:

28 |Hogwarts Class of 1877| Middle Class/PureBlood
    Professor of Magical Theory at Hogwarts
    Mina is teaching at Hogwarts but is also working on her book, and is looking for donors/sponsors to help her fund it, there is more research to be done before she can finish writing it, but she needs the money to continue, so while teaching she will also be on the lookout for anyone who could be such a patron.
    Friends: Mina gets along quite well with most people, so this is totally open.
    Loves: Mina is a lesbian and currently trying to create something with a friend from school.
    [Image: TGFDCvO.jpg]
    Gorgeous set from MJ!!
    Evelyn is taking COMC and Ghoul Studies
    Hi L!! :)

Ryder might get along with Barrett! @Barrett Keene is a little bit younger and middle class, but he's also a weirdo who studies ghosts for a living, and would totally bring Ryder a bunch of weird stuff. He loves adventuring, history, and museums - I think they definitely have friend potential!

What elective courses do Evelyn and Apollo take? I play @Elliot Carmichael and Barrett from above who teach Divination & Ghoul Studies, respectively.

For Akira I have @Zelda Fisk who works in the Ministry and is her age! Zelda's kind of obnoxious, so I'm not sure they'd get along, but there is that possible connection.
    I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]
    Oh my gosh yes to @Barrett Keene, for him and Ryder to be friends. I think Ryder would love that guy as someone who feels a kinship with, especially if they can geek out over cool, old things!

I think Evelyn would have a fascination with Ghoul Studies, but I don't think Apollo would take either.

I'm sure Akira and Zelda would run into each other from time to time. I'm not sure how much of a friend relationship is there, but who knows!!
    Gorgeous set from MJ!!
    Evelyn and Apollo would probably birth know Demelza from school.  She is a third year mchb hufflepuff. She fairly social but not all that nice and tends to look down on others.

Mary would probably know or will come in contact with @'perenia kaylocke' who is a lady's maid in all but title to Ophelia Dippet. She is LCPB and 23.

Célian might dio buisness with Merwyn Moogy once I get around to making him as he has taken over the family international export/import business.
    [Image: 7UbG8v9.jpg]
    thanks mj for the awsome set!!
    classes: earth magic, divination, music, transfiguration, charms, potions, history of magic, defense against the dark arts, astronomy, herbology, etiquette
    So I've obviously already tossed you things for Ryder, Evelyn, and Mary, but if you aren't sick of me yet Ophelia is hurlable and wouldn't mind France! He's a little young for her but we could throw them together and see what happens!
    2 obvious ones!!

Akira -She and my lovely @Natsuko Mountbatton were in the same year at school! They are different classes but would know each other from school so we should totally have them be like 'OMFG hey buddy!' How close they were in school can be fleshed out, or maybe work some drama into it and have them hate on each other.

The other is:
    Célian - I have Mister @Francois Faucher-De Loncrey he is older than him but they would have moved in the same social circles, back in France, and would have known that his older brother was murder but not all of the circumstances.
    [Image: ItXbzb.png]
    <3 Nolan sets are crack!
    Daisypath Friendship tickers[Image: haddie_zps26uqdttk.jpg]
    I'm Doing a Challenge! HELP
    @Demelza McGonagall
    Would Demelza have heard the fact that Evelyn's mother was an american muggle? Would she try to flaunt that in her face? I'm not sure Demelza and Apollo would interact too much outside of classes.

Perhaps Mary and Perenia will get together if either Lady visits each other, or there is a function they would both be attending.

Célian definitely needs business acquaintances, so once you get him made, hit me up!
    Gorgeous set from MJ!!
    @Ophelia Dippet
    Hahaha Célian is almost 26! His birthday is next month. I wouldn't mind throwing them together, perhaps at the May Day spring fling. (I see Ophelia has a thread open there, should I jump in on that one?)
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Evelyn Tilney's post:
       Ophelia Dippet
    Gorgeous set from MJ!!
    @Natsuko Mountbatton
    Dude, this could be the girl that Akira had a crush on in school if you're okay with that? I'm not sure if you read Akira's app, but she went through school as her brother, it wasn't until after school ended and she realized how crazy her parents had become, that she stopped pretending to be a boy, but kept using her brothers name out of honor for him. That whole business was kept fairly quiet by the ministry, so I'm not sure if your character would have heard about it, since she was in England when this went down. She might be confused that though that Akira is now a girl, or perhaps just sees Akira as familiar and might ask about her brother.

Ohh that should be interesting with those two! Yeah Célian would be aware of what went on, but out of politeness would not pry. He also wouldn't want to do anything to upset any potential alliances that could help his business cross into England.
    Gorgeous set from MJ!!
    That'd be awesome!!
    Hi L! So I was lost in the grip of exams for a good while there, which is why I've been slacking with networking recently! I'm just going to throw options at you here XD

@Halvar Kirmani is the Ancient Runes professor so could probably be pretty well acquainted with Ryder and the Museum! Any artefacts with runes on them automatically have his interest! He's also UC.

Students for your students: @Zadie Pine just finished her first year, also Slytherin, LCHB. Kind of has an attitude, but is sometimes friendly! (She also likes to steal trinkets as a hobby.) @Kristoffer Lestrange will be going into his sixth year, is UCPB and a total brat but also Slytherin prefect. I think @Lorna Van Patten might have liked Evelyn - she's quite nice, and friendly to most - but unfortunately a side effect of the halfbreed ban means she's getting booted out of Hogwarts so won't be returning XD

Sadly I don't have many women right now, esp. not lower class ones, but for LC characters: @Worthy Paine was a fair bit older than her but at Hogwarts the same time, and lives in Hogsmeade. He's extremely paranoid and believes in all kinds of conspiracies. @Basil Stretton works in the Three Broomsticks. @Lorcan Byrne is UC rather than lower class, but is around about her age, and also he will flirt with anything remotely female.

For Célian, um, possibly @Jude Wright as a friend or acquaintance, mostly because he lives in London and is roughly the same age. He was born UC but basically disowned himself in order to focus on social activism?
    [Image: RlYf65H.jpg]
    @Elias Grimstone

I would love to do thread with Halvar and Ryder. Let's see, I think perhaps Ryder gets an artefact covered with Runes and he sends an Owl to Elias, asking him to come see it?

Aw, Evelyn would have liked Lorna...maybe they had a few conversations before, and now with this ban Evelyn would send her a letter, stating how unfair it is? As for Kristopher, Evelyn is shy but would not be drawn to someone of his....caliber. He would seem way too spoiled to her.

Let's see Mary would think Worthy is...interesting and wouldn't mind catching up with him once in awhile. I think Mary would make trips to the Three Broomsticks....a lot.

So what do you think? Should we start with the Ryder and Halvar thread first?
    Gorgeous set from MJ!!
    For Evelyn and Apollo, I present Darling here and her cousin @Glisten Whitledge.

Darling is kind and optimistic, though a little eccentric at times. She doesn't have grievances against blood or class. And she isn't always about reputation, especially when it's something that's out of the person's hands (i.e., heritage, actions of a family member, etc).

Glisten is a smart boy, and he likes the outdoors and Quidditch! He's sensitive about his name because it's the worst name in the world (to him, anyway). But overall he's nice, quiet, and reserved, except around his twin. He's less guarded with her and is more boyish.

I think those two are all I really have. <3

OWLs: CoMC & Ghoul Studies. Clubs: Potions & Dueling.

This precious set is by MJ!

PitaPata Cat tickers

(06-19-2017, 03:05 PM)Evelyn Tilney Wrote: @Elias Grimstone

I would love to do thread with Halvar and Ryder. Let's see, I think perhaps Ryder gets an artefact covered with Runes and he sends an Owl to Elias, asking him to come see it?

Aw, Evelyn would have liked Lorna...maybe they had a few conversations before, and now with this ban Evelyn would send her a letter, stating how unfair it is? As for Kristopher, Evelyn is shy but would not be drawn to someone of his....caliber. He would seem way too spoiled to her.

Let's see Mary would think Worthy is...interesting and wouldn't mind catching up with him once in awhile. I think Mary would make trips to the Three Broomsticks....a lot.

So what do you think? Should we start with the Ryder and Halvar thread first?

Woo that all sounds great!

Yes, I'm definitely up for that Ryder/Halvar thread being invited about the artefact with runes on it! Can you start, or shall I?
    [Image: RlYf65H.jpg]
    @Darling Whitledge
    I think her and Evelyn would get along fine! Perhaps they can meet up over the summer for something? Or when school starts up again, Evelyn will finally be joining some clubs, having been too shy to do so before. She loves Potions so if Darling is still in that club next term, they can bond over that?

As for Glisten, he's too old, I'm not sure how his and my characters would interact.
    Gorgeous set from MJ!!
    I probably have more people but right now I would love to get a thread going between Hannah and Mary! I keep meaning to poke you but I always miss you in the cbox I feel like. XD We could do one while she's getting ready for the ball crawl? I can start!
    [Image: RTPnycC.jpg]
    GORGEOUS LADYSET #374
     Pregnancy Ticker

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Open Thread Bree's Networking 4.0 Annabelle Scrimgeour 2 1,102 01-17-2018, 01:38 AM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour
      John's Networking Qedma Bakaffa 4 151 12-29-2017, 08:11 PM
    Last Post: Aldous Crouch
    Open Thread Silver's Networking! Nerissa Stone 18 560 12-26-2017, 08:53 PM
    Last Post: Elsie Beauregard
      Nichole's Networking V.3 Calla Potts 0 59 12-26-2017, 05:16 PM
    Last Post: Calla Potts
      Networking Guidelines & Coding Elsie Beauregard 3 3,323 12-25-2017, 08:31 AM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour