Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.
    11.10 Election update!
    11.07 We have Posting Wizards!
    11.06 A big announcement...
    11.04 Happy AC day!
    11.03 Banner time!
    11.03 Welcome to November!
    10.29 October is waning...
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~
    09.30 The AC Approaches
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    November 1887

Cleopatra
    Eli giggled, half because of Cash's terrible pun and half because the way that he was going to town on his neck sort of tickled, in the most delightful way possible.

"Oh yeah?" he taunted, raising an eyebrow suggestively. He laughed again and rolled onto his back, moving his hand so that he could tuck his fingers into the waistband of Cash's pants and pull the other boy over on top of him. "Wanna prove it?"
    I was late for this * late for that
    late for the love of my life
    but when I die alone * when I die alone
    when I die, I'll be on time

His heartbeat pounded in his ears as Lucius stepped from the fireplace into the unfamiliar inn. With great trepidation, he pushed past his nephew—sensible, loyal Tiberius—and followed the dimly lit corridor past room after room until finally the younger wizard’s nod gave Lucius the sign he needed.

A moment that stretched seemingly into eternity passed before the wizard had the courage to blast open the door, wand in hand, and with wild eyes take in the scene before him.

It was worse than he might have imagined.
    unless you're related to him, work under him, or are a mudblood, lucius is actually very friendly. your character might find him intimidating, but would not consider him a giant dick, esp. if they are also a UCPB.
    [Image: pelLJj0.png]
    set by bex
    Cash was trying to come up with something that was sexual and based off of cursebreaking when the door exploded.

He knew. He knew before he looked. What they were doing was illegal and immoral but there was only one man who would follow them here and blow up the door - or maybe two. It would be the both of them. This had been Cash's worst fear since he realized he wasn't straight, and now it was realized, and they were both going to die, weren't they? Lucius was going to kill them both. 

He scrambled, upwards and off of Eli, and where was his shirt, where were his options, he should have known better than to think that they could be happy. 
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Cassius Lestrange's post:
       Ellory Pendergast
    I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]
    Eli had just tilted his chin up to be able to kiss Cash again when there was a crash. Unlike Cash--who had the advantage of being on top of him and thus in a much better vantage point from which to see things--Eli had no idea what it was until Cash scrambled away. He reached out instinctively as the other boy climbed off the bed, as if to pull him back in close, but the most he could manage in the rushed moment was to let his fingers brush over his torso before his lover was out of reach.

He blinked at the man who had entered the room. At first he seemed a complete stranger, but then Eli realized he recognized him. He'd met him before, in a hospital room with Cash lying unconscious between them. This was Mr. Lestrange, the father whom Cash had always feared rather than loved. How he had found them, Eli would never know--he'd been so careful in picking his location, and he'd arrived so much earlier than Cash that none of the patrons here could possibly have been suspicious--but now he was here, and nothing good could come of the expression on his face.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Eli Swan's post:
       Ellory Pendergast

As if of its own accord, his wand had moved squarely to point at the…thing formerly entwined with his son. Lucius Lestrange had never been a man to give himself over to emotion, but shock, shame, and rage flowed through him now so freely that the words left his lips before he had even a chance to consider his options.

Avada Kedavra.
    [-] The following 2 users Like Lucius Lestrange's post:
       Eli Swan, Ellory Pendergast
    unless you're related to him, work under him, or are a mudblood, lucius is actually very friendly. your character might find him intimidating, but would not consider him a giant dick, esp. if they are also a UCPB.
    set by bex
    Eli glimpsed the wand tip raising, and his first impulse was to move towards Cash. He thought, certainly, that whatever his father intended, he intended for the other Lestrange, and though he had no idea what it was, Eli wanted to get between them, to shelter his lover from whatever might be coming.

But the wand wasn't aimed at Cash. It was aimed for him. Eli froze. Of course.

There was a flash of green light. Eli thought of the woman in the tavern who'd told him a month ago his future was full of darkness and death. You must avoid this man, she'd said. But she'd told him if he did, he'd die alone and unloved.

This was better. He wouldn't trade anything to make it his life last longer, if the life he got to have didn't have Cash in it.

The spell hit him, and every light in the world went out.
    [-] The following 5 users Like Eli Swan's post:
       Cassius Lestrange, Ellory Pendergast, Odira Potter, Tristan Michaud, Vera Podmore

It was as if Cash was a second behind the real world.

He expected the wand to be pointed at him. He had only just registered that it was pointed at Eli when the green light exploded from his father's wand and blinded him. When the light dimmed, Cash looked towards Eli as if still expecting his friend to be upright and staring. 

But Eli's body was limp and gone and oh. Oh, this was what it looked like when someone was murdered. Oh. Cash was still breathing normally, his heartbeat was normal, but he felt suddenly very absent from his own body - as if he was a stranger looking outwards on the scene of a train wreck, separated emotionally but perversely fascinated. He wasn't here. This hadn't happened. This couldn't be happening.

Eli didn't look like Eli, and it wasn't that Cash didn't feel sad, it was that he suddenly didn't feel anything. His hands were shaking and he looked from his lover's body to his hands to his father. 

"Father?" Cash said, still in that far away feeling. His voice sounded absent to even his own ears - too normal, like someone waking up from a long strange nap rather than someone who had just seen the love of his life murdered. He should be angry, he should be distraught - instead he just felt suddenly empty and numb. 
    [-] The following 4 users Like Cassius Lestrange's post:
       Ellory Pendergast, Elsie Beauregard, Lucius Lestrange, Vera Podmore
    set by MJ!

It was as if the green light from his wand was his anger, being released like a pent-up dragon. The deed done, a sense of calm washed over Lucius once more, allowing him to appraise the situation more objectively.

“Would now that I weren’t,” Lucius practically spat the words. “You are a disgrace to your name!”
    set by bex
    Cash flinched as if he had been hit. But there was still that faraway feeling; still the sense that this was happening to someone else rather than to him. His instinct, though, was to try and appease Lucius rather than to fight him; to do something rather than just sit there. Cash may not be here, in this moment, but he was still Cash.

"I didn't want to..." He didn't want to be like this anymore, had never really wanted to be like this. With Eli's lifeless body rapidly cooling beside him Cash wished that he was straight, wished that he was normal, wished that he had never touched Eli or possibly even met him. He could have saved him, if they'd never been friends. 

He would have been surprised that Lucius hadn't killed him yet if he could, at the moment, feel surprise. Instead he approached that fact academically. He was not dead yet. Someone would have to tell Angie, and that was going to have to be him. So - he had to live.

"It's an abomination," Cash said. The ruefulness in his voice rang true; he was far away, but there was still that regret. If he had never talked to Eli, never touched him - he would still be alive.
    [-] The following 2 users Like Cassius Lestrange's post:
       Ellory Pendergast, Lucius Lestrange
    set by MJ!

Would that Cassius was speaking in earnest, that he had been forced by the now-corpse who lay between them. But Lucius had seen the look on his son’s face turn from joy to horror. He knew the truth. At least upon the latter, father and son can agree.

“Something must be done,” Lucius said objectively, he temper cooling, though still one spark away from igniting once again. He wasn’t sure if he meant about the immediate situation or Cassius’ awful proclivities. Probably both.
    set by bex
    Cash did not know if his father was discussing him or the body Eli, which he found himself unable to look at. Probably both. His stomach hurt as if he was going to vomit, but he still could not feel anything - still felt that removed, out-of-body experience. Perhaps he had already died and was looking in; perhaps he was dead and Eli had lived, and as he died his mind was showing him this, the horror he'd narrowly avoided.

But this was real. This was real, and Cash's insides churned, and he did not know what to do.

He had to live for Angie - but he didn't know how. If he made it through this, if they went home, his feelings would resurrect themselves eventually. And then -- he didn't know what he'd feel then. He didn't know. He could not imagine. How was he going to make it to Angie?

Please, Eli, help me.

He had to make it through the night. But he didn't know what to say. He'd never seen Lucius this angry, and Eli couldn't protect him, and Lucius would always find him.

"What do we do now?" Cash said quietly. He was staring somewhere past Lucius, not at Tiberius, maybe at the wall. He didn't know. He was far away. 
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Cassius Lestrange's post:
       Eli Swan
    set by MJ!

“We will go home,” Lucius replied with great effort, having not previously decided that Cassius would be allowed to return home, and now regretting the words almost as soon as they left his tongue. But of course, he could not take that back now—Lucius Lestrange, after all, did not make mistakes. Unless one counted his younger son. “The mess will have to be seen to—I suppose Tiberius can see to that,” he continued, quite dismissively gesturing to the cooling corpse.

But what of Cassuis? The boy could neither go unpunished nor be left to repeat this vile transgression with another. Aside from the moral component—and Lucius, though unscrupulous in many ways, did indeed have a moral objection—the wizard knew he could not simply spend the rest of his days cleaning up after his wayward son. Things could not be left to carry on as they were, and clearly, Cassius could not be trusted to fend for himself in the world.

“Mrs. Lestrange, or your aunt Mariana, will have to be informed, for if either woman can cure you of this madness, it will be one of them. I would that I could simply have you committed, but alas, the scandal would not be worth the trouble to cure you. No,” Lucius affirmed, more to himself than to the younger wizard, “this must be kept strictly in-house. And perhaps you, as well.”

At least then he could be sure Cassius wouldn’t allow another man to sodomize him. Tainted he might have been, but the wizard hoped dearly he would not lower himself to incest on top of homosexuality. Perhaps steps would need to be taken to hastily remedy Cassius’ marital status.
    FYI @Ursula Black/@Annette Fontaine
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Lucius Lestrange's post:
       Tiberius Lestrange
    set by bex
    Rather than respond verbally - he was afraid that more words would land him, somehow, in more trouble - Cash nodded. His throat was clogging significantly at the thought of Tiberius disposing of Eli the body, although he still had that floating, far-away feeling. Maybe none of this was real; maybe he had imagined it. Maybe he was the dead one.

But the cooling body next to him felt real, so did the blanket, and so did the room itself. It was real. Eli was dead, and Cash felt - he didn't know what he felt. A gaping emptiness underneath his absence.

It wasn't as if he had the choice.
    set by MJ!