Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

The Language of the Flowers was a popular method to express feelings where words might be improper, but did you know other means of doing so? Some ladies used their parasols, as well as their fans, gloves, and hankies to flirt with a gentleman (or alternatively, tell them to shove it!). — Bree

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Iola Hitchens for Elladora Black. The Blacks' black sheep.
This boy, then. He wasn't new. Wasn't one of the worst people in the common room, those rotten rich boys - like Mr. Jailkeeper - who could not fathom a world beyond their own farts. Was a good working class lad, so he'd heard. Had a bit of a weird looking face, and a bit of a weird thing for preaching. Still.

Aubrey Davis in The Under-Sofa

— Nominate a quote —
Streaker

Post at least once with the same character every day for a month.

<
>

Ruining the Cheer
See Inside 
December 15th, 1888 - Irvingly Market, Salem Square
Una had been a good almost two weeks, perhaps even more, wallowing in her own self pity. And though her mood was still far from its usual cheer, she was determined to try and do something about it. She was struggling with just what to do about it though and was unfortunately drawing nothing but blanks. She had hoped that if she spent more time around different festivities that perhaps it would help her to regain some of that holiday cheer she seemed to be severely lacking.

With the Irvingly Market set for that day, she'd decided to stop off at the Square before heading in to work. It was late enough in the morning that the stalls were all well stocked and ready to go, some with customers already lingering around. She couldn't help but to smile faintly at the cheery decorations at the majority of the stalls. It seemed as if the local merchants selling their own wares had gotten into the spirit themselves. It was that time of year, after all, so it shouldn't have been that much of a surprise. What was a surprise was how little it made Una feel and her faint smile was quick to fade as a result.

Taking in a deep breath, she slowly began to walk about the stalls herself. Blue eyes flickered easily from one stall to the next but nothing seemed to really be catching her eye. Instead, as she went, her mood seemed to be doing the exact opposite of what she'd been intending on. It was frustrating.

A sigh replaced the deep breath and she quickly turned on her heel. She may as well just head to work at that rate. But, of course, it couldn't be that simple and she found herself colliding bodily with a gentleman taller than herself and sending whatever had been in his arms crashing to the ground. And, quite literally, crash they did as she heard the sound of something that had certainly been fragile shattering. "Oh dear," she all but moaned under her breath before casting her eyes up quite guiltily to the gentleman, "I'm so sorry." And after that, she found herself quite effectively frozen in her spot and without another word being able to come from her mouth due to the shock and shame of what she'd just done.
Open to ACAB gentleman!
Richard was a London man at heart, and nothing would change that. But he loved the Irvingly Market because he got chances to see works and things of other people. Even with a muggle people. He remembered before he had control of magic, and he had to work very hard to make things. Grateful, he was, for magic, but also he praised the delicate muggle creations made of glass. And he knew his sister enjoyed them, he pictured them sitting nicely wherever she saw fit. They would not move like magical ones might.

Christmas shopping was his goal today. He wanted not much attention, because he thought that he didn't want people prying into him. Richard didn't like the way that people wanted to know rather very personal information. And the surprises for his family would be ruining if they talked to friends in London who knew him and saw him buying things they had liked before. He thanks the person at the stall for wrapping up the glass figures nicely. Richard enjoys the bow on top, it is a very nice purple. He holds the package the figures are in close to his chest for safekeeping. He considers apparating but does not. It is a nice day.

Suddenly, without warnings, he crashes into someone. He hears the glass figures shatter, or crack in a way. Maybe they are not too badly damaged. Richard looks at the person who has done this to his nice things. A woman, shorter than him, who looked very shamed. He listens to what she has to say. "A spell may fix them." he says, looking for her chaperone. Women her age usually had chaperones, yes. He did not see one. "Even I may take them home first." Richard looks at the woman, "Did glass get on you? You are alright?"
Una was still all but frozen where she was. She was glad that the gentleman wasn't angry with her but his overly kind attitude threw her off as well. She'd very clearly done damage to some of his parcels but he was still treating her with a kindness that she didn't really deserve, especially since she was a total stranger to him.

Mutely, she shook her head. She'd only heard the glass break, after all, not seen it. They'd clearly been packaged somewhat which was probably her sole saving grace. "I'm fine,"[b] she finally managed to answer, [b]"I'm sorry about your items though." He'd said he could possibly repair them and she sincerely hoped he'd be able to. If not, she'd offer to pay for the damages. It was the least she could do after all.
The woman seemed like an ice statue out in the cold winter day, she seemed that worried and frozen. Richard would have chuckled if he was not concerned about his glass figurines. He did feel a little frustrated, especially since they had just been purchased, but he guessed that he would be able to repair them at home with a quick spell. Plus, he would feel bad for yelling at a lady.

Since she didn't seem hurt, he took the chance to peek into the parcel. Thankfully, they didn't seem shattered, though the tail of one and an arm and leg off the other had broken off. He frowned and sighed, "I'm glad you're fine, Miss, though I do wish I could say the same for these. I'm sure I can fix them, but it may be a bit of trouble. I'm sure my sister will love them all the same"
Una couldn't help but to wince as the man mentioned that the contents of his parcel were damaged. She had really hoped that the damage wouldn't be that bad but he seemed to think they might be a bit of work to repair. It only made her feel worse and all the more guilty. If she could just get out of her own head for a longer period of time and get beyond her own woes, maybe she wouldn't be so reckless and cause such problems.

"I really am sorry," she said again, the guilt strong and real, "If you aren't able to fix them, I'd gladly replace them for you. It is my fault after all."