Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '86
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    07.23 Your stamp collection is about to get bigger!
    07.21 Calling in the banners!
    07.15 The rubble has been cleared and deadlines loom!
    07.10 Not one, not two, but THREE more stamps to add to your collection~
    07.09 New Account Change Feature!
    07.09 Disaster strikes!
    07.08 Charmers go above and beyond...
    07.07 Pop-up protest and photobucket things
    07.06 Photobucket emergency! Read me!
    07.04 A plot is afoot ;)
    07.01 July has come! Group threads are coming!
    06.30 Photobucket has gone rogue. What does this mean for you?
    06.24 AC incoming!
    06.15 Prefect season has begun!
    06.13 Abilities, adoptables, and notes on the CML
    06.11 Prepare yourselves - June 15th is coming!
    06.09 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHARMING!
    06.03 Networking has been cleaned up.
    06.01 New skins! Not kidding!
    06.01 June reminders!
    05.31 New skins...
    05.28 Students, get to work!
    05.27 A brief activity check reminder!
    05.21 Networking spring clean imminent!
    July 1887
    SWP7 is live!
    07.01 - 07.31 Posting Wizard
    07.01 - 08.31 Camp Charming
    07.01 - 07.09 Wizarding World Market
    07.05 First Prefect Application Deadline
    07.15 Second Prefect Application Deadline
    07.29 Hogwarts Prefects & Heads Announced
    07.31 Another Lytton Ball
    And More!

Gert's Networking
    Player Name Gert

Delphine Abrams
    | 27 | GRYFFINDOR ALUM | REP 3 | MCHB | Assistant Head of the Department of Mysteries

Delphine is a bastard born lower class with mixed heritage, a dedicated Vodou practitioner, and visits his mother every Sunday.

Needs:

Past Friends/School Contemporaries. Delphine went to school between 1870-1877. He was a Prefect and exercised his badge very honestly. He kept a very ugly patchy fabric doll in his book bag; if your character touched it without permission they probably weren't friends.
    Friends/Workmates/Associates. Bro's especially.
    Delphine is not blood prejudiced, and has formed friendships with Muggles and Wizardfolk both. He was promoted to AssHead of his Department early this year (1887), and has been an Unspeakable for roughly seven years. He can be a little eclectic, and loves his job.
    Enemies/Rivals. As a student of Vodou there's no true distinction between good and bad for Delphine so just being 'a horrible human being' is really not enough. Consider what he does for a career, there have probably been empty shells at St. Mungo's related to that Department. That said I love rivalries so I'm willing to consider anything.
    Romance/Hurls. Ladies form a line. He's of eligible age. His pay level is only one [and a bit] below the Minister of Magic. Brought his way into the Middle Class along with a comfortable London home. There's also a Vodou altar in the room that might have been a nursery once, his kitchen looks like a herbalists cottage and he can't seem to hire help that will stay for longer than a few hours. He would probably prefer Middle Class women but with his reputation level they'd need to bring a hulking great chaperone and probably be desperate, otherwise ACAB welcome.

Affairs are dependent on circumstance/attraction and level of discretion, he's got too much respect for his mother to risk ruining a woman.
    ---------------------------------------------

Rasmus Wickliffe
    | 31 | DURMSTRANG ALUM | REP 5 | UCPB | ANIMAGUS | Combative Magic Instructor

Scottish, 6' 2'' with a wee little weasel soul, pipe smoker, tea drinker, member of Blacks.

Needs:
    Past Friends/Contemporaries/Workmates/Associates.
    Attended Durmstrang between 1866 - 1873, joined the Auror trainee program soon after that. Retired as an Auror in 1883 and has been flapping around for his family's business until April 1887 when he rejoined the Ministry as an instructor. He attends social gatherings a lot but rarely stays until the end. His Animagus ability wouldn't be common knowledge, even among former workmates - he's embarrassed by his form so he would have used it as rarely as remotely possible in front of anyone.
    Enemies/Rivals. Rasmus ended up in St. Mungo's a few times because of his work, got punched in the face a lot, has a slow boiling temper and used to like to try out new spells. Not that he'd tell his family but he thinks being Pure blooded doesn't make you superior, it just helps you reach that status - he can sound like a pompous arse but inside he believes he's scraped from the bottom of the barrel.
    Romance/Hurls. UCAB, female.
    Rasmus isn't very open to romance, and IC might not pursue it unless there's some reason behind it. OOC I'd love to see him get trapped in an honest to goodness love match because the emotions would scare the heck out of him.  

Affairs are dependent on circumstance/attraction and level of discretion, he would prefer older women for that.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

THREAD IDEAS I WANT TO PLAY WITH:
    [future ideas will go here]
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Delphine Abrams's post:
       Elsie Beauregard
    [Image: OPYpZou.png]
    Why hello there!

@Ophelia Dippet is my resident hurlable lady, and for personal reasons she's rather desperate to get someone on the line sooner rather than later. She'd be very disappointed to settle for someone MC, particularly with a lower reputation, but his recent promotion might make up for it. If you want to throw them together and see if they click she's got open threads here and here.

@Tiberius Lestrange works for him and is also related to both his boss and the person who used to have his job. He's very good at what he does, but doesn't enjoy socializing much and if he were interrupted at work and forced to have a conversation there would be lots of glaring involved. That being said, if Delphine leaves him the eff alone, and doesn't mind Tiberius quietly thinking that he's inferior due to his blood status and birth circumstances, they might have a passable relationship. Tib is kind of curious about voodoo, so they could have even been friendly if they talked about that before he got promoted. Tib thinks promoting LC upstarts to assistant head is just another sign the department is running off the rails, but he wouldn't say as much to Delphine =P It's nothing personal, he thinks having a woman as the Head is perhaps the sign of the Ministry apocalypse and she's sort of his step-mom.

@Reuben Crouch was a year above him at school, in the same house. Ben was a lot like a Maurauder's Era James Potter at school--rich, popular, no regard for the rules, and kind of a bully. If Delphine was really in to being a prefect they probably didn't get along. If Ben found out about the doll he may or may not have tried to steal it and hide it somewhere in the school just for fun.

Oh I should add that I'll be gone all weekend, so don't expect any speedy replies. That being said, welcome to Charming!
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Ophelia Dippet's post:
       Odira Potter
    [Image: mrd8vm.jpg]
    [Image: qN0zNgH.png]

I shall throw my Ministry folks at you now.

I have Theo (UCHB) who is several years younger than him but he also works at the Ministry. Theo is almost a fully qualified auror but a little immature all the same. He was also a Gryffindor at school. Not sure how they might cross paths but Theo's not super judgey at least.

Suzy (MCHB) is a secretary in the Department of Education and is likely to judge him if she knows his background. However, she's not an unpleasant person by nature and I think she'd probably find him intriguing.

Idony would have been in the same house and year as him, only she dropped out after first year. They have class, blood, and illegitimacy in common if nothing else xD

Herschel is Chief Warlock but I'm not sure if they'd have cause to be in each other's company so he's probably not helpful at all.
    Rune's set skills are phantasmagorical <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    I've got Salome here, who is another unspeakable herself so she'd work under him. She only started fairly recently but basically wants to move up like he did but wants to go higher [like anyone in upper class will marry lower class but a girl can dream]. Aka, she really wants his job or higher. Still, she is really manipulative so she would not put on the face she is after his job and would likely act really pleasant and do whatever it takes to get him to like her.
    [Image: 24gtq3b.jpg]
    OMG Thank you Nolan it is a beauty!
    Helloooooo Gert!

I have several options for you! @Claudius Lestrange who is currently inactive, but will be back by the end of the month! They were classmates at school, though Claude was a Ravenclaw. Delphine also replaced Claude as the Assistant Head of the DoM after Claude left to pursue some more academic things, idk he's floating in the realm of inactivity XD Regardless they would have worked together for a while in addition to going to school together! Claude is an upper class pureblood, but he's kind of lazy about the family values, they wouldn't be able to socialize much outside of work, but at work he values hard work and dedication no matter class etc.

Delphine also would have been at school with Quincey who is a middle class muggleborn and the owner/proprietor of Honeyduke's sweetshop! He's a super outgoing guy and pretty easy to get along with. He would have been two years ahead and a Hufflepuff, but he was kind of hard to miss lol!

Mason was in the same year/house as Quin (I did not pick either of their birthdays haha!). He was a prefect and pretty easy going though not quiet as outgoing as Quin. Neither one of them are any kind of prejudiced!

Nathalie was a couple years behind and a Ravenclaw, but she was like... aggressively outgoing in her socializing. She would talk to anyone about anything, except for purists because she's muggleborn too. Super sweet and potentially obnoxious in her friendliness haha. Could be friends or potential hurls, though she'd be going down a class, it all depends on IC interactions for me!

My Ministry crowd also include Eugene Scamander in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts office and Wesley Cavanaugh as the head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports, but they're both a bit older and probably not super strong connections XD

Let me know if anything strikes your fancy!
    Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
    [Image: rb7FoHm.png]
    stunning set by Lady ♥
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    ! So many people, thank you guys! This makes figuring this little pincushion out so much more exciting.
    ------

@Ophelia Dippet

Ophelia: No pressure for them to click but I've joined your open in the Asphodel Cemetery, I got muse from your starter, because dead places and mysteries are his jam.

Tiberius: Is perfect. With the former LC/questionableness, I expected there to be some issues and was actually looking forward to RPing them. Tibs glaring would have just made him unintentionally linger, the times he left him alone it would have been because he confused his glare for a look of concentration and didn't want to interrupt whatever he was working so hard on. With Delphine's passion for Voodoo I think it would have come up fairly often as a topic he talked about, since it dictates a lot of things he does and doesn't do. If you'd like to do something work related between them we could definitely cook something up!

Reuben: xD He probably would have been very upset about losing his doll (Probably one of the few situations that would make him real shaky) so I'm totally up for making that a headcanon. He wouldn't have singled Reuben out as a Prefect, even after that, but he would have been very present with his badge when Reuben was around. I saw that he's a freelance cursebreaker, Delphine has a particular interest in researching cursed items, throwing these two together at some point could make for a fun situation. Especially if he's okay with the sketchier side of things.

---------------------
    @Ursula Black

Theo: Delphine has big brother issues too *commiserating nod* (actually he's not sure if his bro is dead or just hates him). With Theo being an Auror they'll probably have reason to work together, if you think Theo would ever be out doing grunt surveillance work somewhere I could definitely come up with a thread idea for these two.

Suzy: As someone of mixed heritage like himself and a [relatively] new employee at the Ministry, Delphine would have been curious. He could approach her as the Assistant Head in regards to finding out some details on npc applicants to the Dpt of Mysteries?

Idony: Delphine probably would have recognised her struggle in first year, even with basic literacy skills himself. (Would he have known her as Flossie, or Idony?) Would he recognize her these days with her success in Theatre as the fellow first year he was sorted into Gryffindor with?

Herschel: Actually! As an interrogator for the Wizengamot they might have crossed paths, since the trials are held in the lower levels of the Ministry. I've got a past plot where I imagine Delphine would have encouraged the idea of offering criminals who didn't want to pay fines/receive other punishments etc the option of being a Dpt of Mysteries test subject instead. It probably wouldn't have been common knowledge, but if you think Herschel in that prosecutor type role might have been involved in that (like offering the criminal a plea bargain before it goes before the Wizengamot court) I'd be up for headcanoning that and even approaching it in the future if you were interested.

@Salome Moore

Sounds like a perfect workmate xD. He'd probably see her desire to move up in the world, if he grows aware of it, as something related to work rather than something for the social climb. Delphine is a bit more senior in terms of employment and now he's an AssHead he'll be in the Department more often so would definitely be around to assist/teach/co-work etc. Does she have a particular interest in anything in the Department?

-----------

@Elsie Beauregard -

Claudius: That sounds great! I'm definitely open to them having got along as work-bro's, Delphine really would have thrown himself into his work so that covers hard work and dedication, and he would have respected someone his own age getting promoted to any position (Even their birthdays are only a few days apart) - whenever he comes back we could definitely come up with a thread idea.

Quincey: Delphine was a Gryffindor with Huffflepuff tendencies, and he would probably respect Quins talents at concocting magical treats since it's pretty revolutionary. I think Delphine would be very interested in studying the creation process!

Mason: As a fellow Prefect they probably would have crossed paths at Hogwart's, and with Mason being a Herbology Professor he'd have reason to want to talk to him about any number of things.

Nathalie: First idea that pops into my head is Delphine bringing a 'friend'/or even Delphine himself being a patient in magical bugs as a way to see if they'd get along. eg. Some kind of fiery pox on his back keeps burning his shirt off or something like that.

Take your pick of whoever you'd like to thread with Delphine the most, Bee, honestly I could probably even think something up for Eugene or Wesley.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Delphine Abrams's post:
       Elsie Beauregard
    Delpine/Theo/Suzy: ALL THE YES.

Delpine/Idony: Oh yes I totally forgot about her name change woops! She'd have been Flossie Fawcett then. He might very well recognize her as the only real change besides name is aging or he might think she's some relation of hers because of the name thing xD

Delpine/Herschel: Herschel miiiiiight have been amenable with appropriate bribery. He's definitely a bit shady, but he's mostly just shady in terms of womanizing.

I AM 100% EAGER FOR ANY AND ALL THREADS.
    Rune's set skills are phantasmagorical <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    HI THANKS FOR BEING PATIENT WHILE I WAS AWAY.

Just replied to our thread, huzzah!

I'm down for a Tib/Delphine thread! If you have any particular ideas and want to start one that's great, otherwise I can do one up that will just involve indiscriminate glaring. =P

Re: Ben and cursed objects, I've got a bit of a side-plot in mind for him already that Delphine might be able to get in on. If you want to wait a week or so I'll be able to throw details up in a plot thread then and I'll tag you and we can discuss further!
    [Image: mrd8vm.jpg]
    [Image: qN0zNgH.png]

Claude is back! Ministry lunch run in? Claude needs something from the DoM for research purposes? Awkward, "so how's my step mom doing?" (Belphoebe is his step mother haha)

I probably won't be able to start until this weekend, but if you want you can jump on it and just tag Elsie and Claude! <3
    Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
    [Image: rb7FoHm.png]
    stunning set by Lady ♥
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    In which Jenny sucks and thought she’d replied ages ago.

Belle here is his boss! She is both conservative but also very inquisitive- basically she wants to keep the status quo of the rest of the ministry keeping their nose out of the department so they have total free rein over what goes on, though the recent years have made that a tad more difficult. She’s worked there for absolutely years and recently married her old boss (and her assistant head at the time’s dad) and is now pregnant, though that’s not known outside the family.

I’m not 100% on what she’d make of Delphine- being into vodou she finds interesting but also not particularly scientific, and obvious being a bastard would prejudice her a little, but he does get bonus points for not being her step-son or totally incompetent. Given the number of accidents the department has had that have killed off experienced members (the department exploded a year or so ago, and a mass murderer got in and killed some of her best staff in front of her (that guy is also technically now her brother-in-law, whelp)) she’s probably more willing to overlook his birth than she would be normally because she needs to keep all the staff still alive that she has XD

If Delphine knows Bee’s Quincy/Mason from school then he’d definitely know Orpheus as well, given Bee and I monopolise that dorm XD Orpheus is also good friends with Claudius and his younger brother works as an unspeakable, as well as also being an assistant head, so I really can’t see how they wouldn’t have run into each other XD The Parkinsons are pretty chill prejudice wise as UCPB families go, his grandmother was minister of magic and his mum is high ranking in the ministry and ran for the office too , and Orpheus himself is pretty notorious for having Witch Weekly pretty much stalking him. He also has an undead pterodactyl skeleton for a pet, which Delphine might find interesting.

Fallon is another slightly more out there option. She works for Aragon and Tandel, which is a private cursebreaking and archaeology business that specialises in ‘retrieving’ (in the colonial english sense of the word) artefacts of note and also to order. They have large warehouses and auctions of stuff they’ve found over the years. If Delphine wanted provenance on some bizarre items or to source something then she’d be a pretty safe bet.
    Née Trimble. Born Middle Class
    [Image: AivRZxN.jpg]
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Oops I'm really bad at the whole replying to networks.
    So i honestly haven't thought to much about that with that whole lack of information thing. I probably should. She would have only been in her second year of working with the department so I doubt she is that deeply involved yet or even trusted frankly with how secretive the department is though she'd try to work her way in fairly quick now that she's got her foot in.
    [Image: 24gtq3b.jpg]
    OMG Thank you Nolan it is a beauty!
    ##Updated with Rasmus.

------------------------------
    @Ophelia Dippet

Thank you for being patient while I'm getting a hang of the site!

Tib/Delphi - I have an idea that would be cause for some classy glaring both in the present and the future involving Delphine and a mysteriously disappearing object. Very happy to start in the next few days. Love your 'Reflections (On Men)' thread, too xD

@Elsie Beauregard

Claude/Delphi - I'll get onto this! Now that he's a member on the Committee on Experimental Charms we could definitely roll that into our thread if you like.

@Belphoebe Lestrange  

Belle/Del - Boss! Yes please! He's not totally incompetent, and had nothing to do with any of the obvious explosions, and I love your DoM headcanons - maybe we could do something with the death/thestrals, or maybe some kind of spectral research?

Orpheus/Del - "He also has an undead pterodactyl skeleton for a pet." Has the Ministry ever had a bring your pet to work day.

Fallon/Del - Do you think Fallon might be open to receiving a 'finders fee' in return for provenance, and sharing when certain objects might be going up for auction? Or anything like that, really. The first idea that comes to mind if you're interested is them meeting in the field maybe looking for the same thing then just go from there, see if they can work out a deal IC etc?

@Salome Moore

How about The Planet Room, testing out the strength of certain potions vs planetary alignment? Since she's newer there might still be an element of hazing involving having to actually take a potion or two. Though Delphine's kind of a softy when it comes to the real hazing and never really got into the sport of it.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Rasmus Wickliffe's post:
       Elsie Beauregard
    [Image: CNTgHeX.png]
    /In which Jenny sucks at remembering to reply.

Belle/Delphine- Haha great! There’s a current department thread here going on, or we could do something new?

Orpheus/Delphine- I wish! Petra’s existence is public knowledge though, given she’s escaped and stolen hats on more than one occassion, so Del is more than welcome to quiz Orpheus about her or ask to borrow her!

Fallon/Delphine- Most definitely! The cursebreakers she works for are pretty morally grey so a lot of their stuff goes privately to people they know are interested rather than up for public auction, and they also give their breakers a lot of free rein provided they bring home the money!
    Née Trimble. Born Middle Class
    [Image: AivRZxN.jpg]
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Open Thread Nichole's Networking V.2 Demelza McGonagall 0 53 07-26-2017, 01:10 AM
    Last Post: Demelza McGonagall
      AJ's Networking Thistle Potts 9 257 07-18-2017, 01:42 PM
    Last Post: Madeleine Backus
      Lawrence's Networking Delphine Mathieu 12 565 07-12-2017, 01:06 PM
    Last Post: Helena MacMillan
    Open Thread bree's networking (wip~) Annabelle Scrimgeour 1 843 07-10-2017, 07:13 PM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour
    Open Thread Emma's Networking 5.0 Tristan Michaud 19 512 07-10-2017, 03:08 PM
    Last Post: Andrew Bingham