Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~
    09.30 The AC Approaches
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    09.24 A wild election deadline appears!
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!

Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time
    "If they're wizards then they might be connected to the Floo network. We could just sneak in, find it and use it," he suggested with a shrug. They had already kidnapped a woman, what was a little crime spree if it meant getting them all home safely. "Or we could send the young woman home that way, at least. Or just enlarge the carpet."
    [Image: iJV98.png]
    Ben hadn't found anyone in his short jaunt around the little farm, beautiful woman or not. This was arguably a good thing, because it meant that no one was around to hex him, trap him, interrogate him, or do any of the other things people sometimes did when they found strange men trespassing on their farms. Not that Ben would have known from experience--except that he absolutely knew from experience, he just tended to avoid talking about that.

On the down side, though, it meant that he had no idea where they were. The more he walked the more the setting did look vaguely English, though--it was the clouds that gave it away. After peering into the dusty windows of the house he found and seeing no one, he headed back to the barn. "It looks abandoned," he reported brightly--breaking into abandoned barns to sleep there was probably not illegal, at least. Then he caught sight of the carpet Art was holding, which definitely wasn't his. Ben had borrowed it a time or two, and he knew Art's carpet fairly well. "Where'd that come from?" he asked, tilting his head at it inquisitively.

Elmer was getting tired of the uselessness and stupidity surrounding him. Granted, he hadn't done much towards helping their situation since they'd woken up. His desire to go home was growing, as was his headache.

"Maybe its owner fell off it on our way here," Elmer suggested to Crouch. That would actually be pretty ironic. It would also mean that they would be semi responsible for someone's death. Elmer wasn't sure if he wanted to return to Hogsmeade on the stolen flying carpet of a dead man. He was all for doom and gloom, but he'd rather not end up in prison. Azkaban was too depressing even for him.

It occurred to him, then, that he owned a wand. He tapped on where he usually kept his wand and he was relieved to find it there. "Well, I think I'll just apparate home," Elmer commented. Was apparating 'home' at his state a good idea? Probably not. "If anyone's interested to side along?"
    [Image: ZZHTy9J.png]
    elmer's moody af set was made by bee <3
    Ben tended not to trust apparting except under the optimal conditions. Aldous had splinched himself once and now he walked with a cane, and being somehow deformed or disabled was, in fact, Ben's greatest fear--not that he would have ever admitted that out loud to anyone. In any case, he only apparated when he knew both where he was going and where he was, and was relatively familiar with both place, and this didn't really fit the second criteria. He also never trusted anyone to side-along him anywhere--particularly not idiots.

"And leave my arm behind? I think not," Reuben said dismissively, straightening out his coat. "I'd rather take my chances scuffling through the house down there and looking for a floo than having you decide which piece of me you're leaving behind here."

Crouch wasn't being unreasonable in his hesitations. There really wasn't any safer way for them to get home, however. The flying carpet could be just as dangerous if Elmer's theory was right - and it would be five people on it. It didn't seem to be extra family sized.

"Alright," Elmer said with a shrug.

He envisioned some room in Lunarbridge Castle and apparated away. He made it in one piece because his destiny wasn't to die that day.

Elmer out!
    [Image: ZZHTy9J.png]
    elmer's moody af set was made by bee <3

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    See Inside... Thread A Bloody Good show! Gwendolyn Vane-Tempest 5 172 09-06-2017, 05:02 PM
    Last Post: Frederick Humphrey-Mavis
    Open Thread A Gent of Good Intent Xavier Woodward 1 164 06-25-2017, 12:23 PM
    Last Post: Xena Fisk
    Open Thread Good Help Is Hard To Find Benji Lee 0 286 06-09-2017, 05:02 AM
    Last Post: Benji Lee
      How some chocolate will be good Matilda Prince 0 123 03-28-2017, 09:27 AM
    Last Post: Matilda Prince
    Private Thread Good Intentions? Isaac Montgomery 5 346 03-06-2017, 09:32 AM
    Last Post: Tessa Grey