Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!
    09.02 The AC is underway, and the results are in for Camp Charming...
    09.01 September ahoy! A new school year, new skins, and elections!
    08.27 Upcoming AC and Wizengamot tweak
    08.21 So you want to be a Student Club President?
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.

To the Future!
    Private Thread 
    March 10th
    The less fortunate students were always something of a mixed bag, in Hamish’s experience. Some baffled him by the fact that they lasted past seventh year, clearly enrolled at the school only because their parents has scrimped and saved for the first decades of their lives and weren’t about to let that go to waste. Others were passable students, but would not be returning to Hogwarts after their OWLs. Abbot, however, was in a third camp—the students plainly determined to make something of themselves, and willing to work hard to do so.

Hamish was curious to see what the fifth year’s goal would prove to be.

“Mr. Abbott!” he greeted warmly as the young badger kit arrived in his office. “Please, have a seat—tea?” At the professor’s feet, a pair of dachshunds napped with soft snores. They had overindulged at dinner much as their master had, but Hamish did not have their luxury of free time.
    @Xavier Abbott/@Emmeline Woodcroft
    Xavier was actually looking forward to his meeting with the head of his house, Mr. Darrow. He quite liked the old man and was actually quite disappointed he hadn't thought to add Ancient Studies to his curriculum. Unfortunately, it wasn't exactly a class needed when it came to his goals of being a healer. At least, it wasn't in his mind something that was needed. Regardless, he quite enjoyed the man.

"Evening Mr. Darrow," he said with a smile, something rarely seen on the face of the young boy, as he walked in. He took note of the dogs at the man's feet, causing his smile to widen some. He sat down and then nodded, "Please. Just sugar."
    Magnificent MJ Set![Image: 4PQZzeF.jpg]
    He prepped and poured the tea the old-fashioned (that is to say, muggle) way, though levitated the teacup across the small gap between them, seeing no need to rise from his seat to serve it. That particular formality seen to, the professor cleared his throat.

“Now then, Mr. Abbot! Tell me—have you given much thought to your future? It is alright if you have not,” Hamish reassured the young Hufflepuff hastily, “but the time has come for you to begin doing so, regardless.”
    @Emmeline Woodcroft
    Xavier happily accepted the cup of tea and sipped on it as Professor Darrow asked his question. He nodded once he'd set the teacup down on the desk in front of him, his smile still on his face.

"Actually, I have, sir," he said, his eyes brightening some in the process, "I think I'd very much like to be a healer. So long as I can remain here and see through my NEWTs." He still very much dreaded, and almost anticipated, the thought his mother would die before he'd be able to attain his NEWTs and have to settle as a lowly mediwizard instead.
    Hamish’s eyebrows raised appreciatively. It was a lofty goal, but not one the lad was altogether disqualified for, provided he did well enough on his OWLs.

“My own son was a healer, before the laughing sickness took him,” the professor offered. “It’s a demanding path, but a worthwhile one. Are you aware of the courses you would need to be successful?”
    Xavier nodded. He'd picked his electives rather selectively, knowing that his time would be limited when it came to his NEWT courses. The main core classes were a must have so the majority of his focus had always remained on them. However, he'd always had a liking for magical creatures so it had been a shoe in for courses. Earth Magic had been added on a whim, mainly because he thought it could have been beneficial to his goal of being a healer though he'd begun questioning how much use it would be.

"Yes, sir," he said, "At least E's in Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Potions and Transfiguration. Though, I think I'll continue with Care of Magical Creatures. I think, should I become a Creature Induced Injuries Healer, that class would be beneficial. Would you recommend keeping with Earth Magic? I'm not entirely sure if it will be beneficial as a healer or not."
    Hamish’s eyebrows raised, impressed. Young Mr. Abbott had clearly done his research. That was good—it suggested true seriousness about his goal.

“I would recommend keeping any subject you are genuinely interested in,” he remarked, “regardless of whether or not it will be beneficial. After all, no education can hurt. That said, I do not imagine it is particularly useful, unless you plan to focus more on the research of healing than the practice.”
    Xavier listened to what Professor Darrow had to say, chewing slightly on his lip as he thought on what had been said. He had a point, any education was valuable but he also had to worry some that it would take away from the other things that he need to be learning and focusing on.

"I suppose, perhaps, I'll think on it some for now. I don't' want to detract from the required studies, the ones most needed," he said with a slight shrug, "Though I do quite like the added challenge."

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    See Inside... Thread Glimpse of your future Gwendolyn Vane-Tempest 5 195 08-19-2017, 01:07 PM
    Last Post: Apollodora Vablatsky
      Future Proofing Meserimus Valenduris 1 136 07-10-2017, 12:18 PM
    Last Post: Kristoffer Lestrange
    Private Thread The Future's So Unclear Worthy Paine 19 1,152 11-15-2016, 10:30 PM
    Last Post: Arabella Russell
    Private Thread Waltzing into the Future Katherine Midford 1 347 07-10-2016, 05:49 PM
    Last Post: Clayton Ross
    Private Thread Looking to the Future Rosamund Moody 0 219 06-18-2016, 11:06 PM
    Last Post: Rosamund Moody