Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.
    11.10 Election update!
    11.07 We have Posting Wizards!
    11.06 A big announcement...
    11.04 Happy AC day!
    11.03 Banner time!
    11.03 Welcome to November!
    10.29 October is waning...
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~
    09.30 The AC Approaches
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    November 1887

Like Sardines
    Oh, hell.

"I am so sorry," Ambrosia said, stepping back. "I...I don't even...that should've made you visible!" But now she was panicking, and she stepped on a resiliant bubble. This led to her slipping and falling onto her backside with a yelp.

Now she looked both incompetent and a fool before these patients.

Slowly, she stood, straightened her robes, and looked at Mister Crouch. The blonde made a quick but complex-looking wand-motion and spoke a short incantation, intended to at least reduce the bubbles to a troublesome burp every now and again.

She couldn't give up.

She had to try, damn it.
    [Image: Uze3hmr.png]
    [Image: w8aoop.gif][Image: j98sw5.gif][Image: buiZoFj.jpg]
    Bee is a graphical goddess
    Ben couldn't say he was exactly thrilled about the girl turning her attention to him--not after she'd just fallen down on the job in front of him, which, to be honest, didn't give him the highest opinion of her healing abilities. He couldn't very well refuse, though. He'd come to this hospital so that a healer could fix him up, and he couldn't walk out without at least letting her try. What was the alternative? Just continuing to spew bubbles for the rest of his life?

With a look of resignation, then, Ben watched her perform her spell. Almost as soon as she'd stopped he felt an odd sensation in his stomach, and unsettling. He belched rather loudly, emitting a large bubble. "Oh, excuse me," he said, with a slight blush--he wasn't in the habit of letting out gas so loudly, in front of ladies, like that. He may have been a little uncouth but he liked to think he was a gentleman most of the time. Much to his surprise, and relief, there were no bubbles that came out of his mouth as he spoke. That was something! That was progress!

His stomach pitched and he felt the desire to burp once more. He raised his hand to his mouth and bit his knuckle, trying to hold it in.

@Conrí Power @Suzuko Layton @Temerita Reid

From what Suzy could deduce, it wasn't just her hand that was invisible. In fact, the bubble man was talking as though she weren't even in the room anymore. He'd seemed perfectly polite before so she doubted he was just being disrespectful. The healer was bumbling around and Suzy felt an uncommon feeling bubbling up inside her. Anger. Patience was usually a virtue Suzy had in spades, but she found herself reaching her limit which was impressive. The last straw snapped as the gentleman let out an unholy belch. "Perhaps you ought to find someone who knows what they're doing," she suggested, pursing her lips (not that anyone could see this). The next time she needed medical attention she hoped she wasn't taken to this hospital.
    Although Reuben had been rather inclined to give the poor healer the benefit of the doubt for the first half of her visit, he now found himself rather in agreement with the invisible woman. He'd found the urge to burp overwhelming and had let out another, smaller one into his hand as she spoke, accompanied with its own smaller bubble. He couldn't really say whether this was an improvement over the breathing-bubbles thing or not; at least no one was likely to give him dirty looks for having the audacity to breath around ladies. If he couldn't go more than a few seconds without belching, however, he could never venture into polite society again!

"Or perhaps transfer us to Hogsmeade Hospital," he suggested. He'd always gotten pretty good care at Hogsmeade Hospital, and in his recollection he'd never had to wait this long for such inadequate healing.

@Conrí Power @Ambrosia Shinnick @Temerita Reid @Suzuko Layton

Looking between the place she'd last seen the now entirely invisible woman's head and the man who was now merely burping up bubbles rather than exhaling them, Ambrosia had to close her eyes and silently count backwards from fifteen. Better that than snapping at her patients. That would be the least desired reaction. So she took a moment, centered herself, and exhaled slowly.

"I am sorry," Ambrosia said, speaking in a measured, calm tone, enunciating clearly. "There is no reason for me to be acting as rashly as I have been. I have not dealt with this specific type of situation before - multiple patients in one room, each with different ailements. I am younger than half of you, which does mean I have less experience. But how can I gain that experience if I do not try? All I ask is that you stop treating me like nothing. At least I'm trying."

With that, she smiled, raised her wand again, and attempted once more to correct Miss Layton's situation. This time, trying to make her visible at least. Then they could test the whole levitation issue.
    [Image: Uze3hmr.png]
    [Image: w8aoop.gif][Image: j98sw5.gif][Image: buiZoFj.jpg]
    Bee is a graphical goddess
    Well, Ben hadn't been trying to suggest she was the Most Awful Person, or anything, and he felt a little guilty that the healer had apparently taken it that way. She was just clearly in over her head, with this many people, and she didn't seem as though she were really able to concentrate on any one person in particular.

He supposed he was just going to sit here quietly (as quietly as he could, anyway, with the frequent belching) and wait for her to make some progress.

Sooner or later, someone else would come in and help her out, he figured. Until then, he wouldn't be that sad about it if she didn't work her way back towards him again. He'd rather wait to get fixed correctly than go through a half dozen little half-fixes, like the poor lady next to him.