Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '86
  • CML
  • The Daily Prophet Headlines
    04.22 Accidental Magic Reversal Squad Blunder
    04.19 Rogue Dementor In Southern England
    04.17 Snakes Slay Badgers
    04.05 Miss Pendergast Returns
    04.03 Miss Pendergast Missing!
    03.10 Pettigrew Found Unconscious
    Latest Witch Weekly
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    04.17 We seem to be suffering a shortage of older students >.<
    04.09 A foul odour is plaguing Irvingly...
    04.02 Activity Check underway and other updates
    03.17 Students now have full access to their house skins!
    03.09 Changes to Student Clubs records
    03.01 Activity Check, new skins, and more!
    02.28 So you want to be a Wench?
    02.27 24 hours to submit a Spring banner!
    02.26 The staff team would like your SKINput on spring availability~
    April 1887
    04.01 - 04.30 Posting Wizard
    April Writing Challenge
    04.07 Padmore Picnic
    04.16 Quidditch: Hufflepuff vs. Slytherin
    04.21 - 04.23 Dueling Tournament
    And More!

Alé Salcedo
    Full Name: Alé Salcedo
    Nicknames: None
    Birthdate: July 12, 1859
    Current Age: 27
    Residence: Hogwarts
    Hogwarts House: Slytherin

Wand: 8 and a Half inches, Poplar, Dragon Heartstring Core
    Blood Status: Halfblood
    Social Class: Middle
    Family: None
    Appearance: Alé is left-handed. Her skin is an earthy brown with copper undertones. She's 5'3", and moves smoothly. Her hair is black and kept up at all times, usually in a braided fashion. She wears primarily robes, as she feels uncomfortable in traditional women's garb. In her private chambers, she wears colorful shawls and slippers, which remind her of home. She has small, strong hands, but the rest of her gives the impression that she could dissolve into the shadows right then and there. Her eyes are nearly black, and she has a button nose and full lips.

History: Alé's birth killed her mother, and her father died soon after of grief. As a result, Alé was raised by her grandmother, who moved to be with Alé in a small town in Northern Ireland. When Alé was 11, her grandmother shipped her off to Hogwarts for a 'proper magical education'. Alé arrived  well educated but with lacking english skills. She was sorted into Slytherin and passed through Hogwarts with decent grades.

Near the end of her 7th year, Alé's grandmother fell ill. Alé stayed long enough to graduate before rushing home to care for her only remaining family. Alé worked as a laundry maid while caring for her grandmother. Alé's grandmother passed away three years later. With no one left, Alé moved back to Hogsmeade and got work as a bookkeeper for a book store. She had enough wealth to be allowed into the middle class and made a point not to mention her origins in such a small town. When the latest Hogwarts Librarian left, Alé applied to take her position.

Personality: Alé is quiet and reserved, even for a Victorian woman. She still speaks with an accent, since she never made an effort to get rid of it. It's something to remember her grandmother by. Alé is patient and kind, but in a cold, distant manner. She doesn't get close to people, which is why she's wound up a spinster

Sample Roleplay Post:

Elena was silent while she worked through her thoughts. This was... a turn of events, to say the least. She wondered if Feliz realized he'd revealed both his werewolf status and Ivy's vampire heritage to a practical stranger.

"Well," she began. "A, a marriage contracts are stupid patriarchal bullshit so on that basis alone I am willing to spend most of my free time trying to break that betrothal the same way I broke the arm of the last boy who touched my ass. Secondly, who gives a shit if you're 'supposed' to get along," here she added finger quotes, "as long as you do. Three, I think that right now, if you really care about Ivy," she paused. "I think you need to work on yourselves before you try to be together."

Elena gave Felix's knee a squeeze. "If I'm being honest, I think you both have some things you need to work through. Ivy needs to get out of this betrothal, and you have some self-confidence to work on." Elena could be brutally honest, but that was her way. "You guys can help each other, but this isn't a movie. Love isn't gonna fix everything. You have to put in some work."

OOC:
    Name: Lill
    Other Characters: None
    How did you hear about us? : Random internet browsing
     photo 6dc5aca3-02e8-49f5-b078-c9e65c46f091_zpskgyhjjns.jpg
    - Lill 
    APPLICATION ACCEPTED!

— You should be titled in a few moments. Please post with your new character in the Character Master List thread.

— If you have a playby you would like to claim, you can go here.

— Don't forget to record your character's past position(s) in our history records.

— Not sure where to start? You can introduce yourself in a new topic here and fill out the plottage preferences form so people know what you're interested in.

We also have a buddy system. If you are new to Charming, you will be contacted by your assigned buddy within 48 hours. Once initial contact is made, you can decide whether you'd like to continue to participate in the buddy system or if you'd prefer to figure things out on your own.

Buddy System Leader(s):
    Nolan @Theseus Greengrass

— Our Networking Forum is here. You can also hop in on a thread in our Lonely thread list or start an open thread of your own.

— Don't forget to check out our Stamp Station for some extra fun!

— We also have a member submitted and staff run Daily Prophet that reports on in character happenings. Check it out so you can see how it might effect your future plots.

Thanks for deciding to join us, we hope you have a blast! :D
    Currently on scarcity!
    — Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —

set by the unparalleled lady