Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!
    09.02 The AC is underway, and the results are in for Camp Charming...
    09.01 September ahoy! A new school year, new skins, and elections!
    08.27 Upcoming AC and Wizengamot tweak
    08.21 So you want to be a Student Club President?
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.

Hello, Charming!
    Hi everyone! My name is April, I'm 22, currently living in South Florida... Oh boy, it's starting to sound like an online dating profile lol. I study psychology and work at an art museum at the moment, but I love writing as a hobby and find that RPing is a wonderful outlet :) What else can I say... I like Victorian gothic novels and bingeing on detective/mystery shows on Netflix :P

For now, I've got my UCPB debutante (I know, super original, right?). Hopefully we'll be able to plot together in the future!
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Georgiana Selwyn's post:
       Lupus Jameshill
    Hi April and welcome! I'm Hawke and I'm a Victorian Romance novel reader myself! Hopefully you have a blast here! If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Pop into the cbox at any time and surely someone could be able to help you out!
    COMC, Muggle Studies, Ghoul Studies
    Another Godlike Nolan Set!

[Image: IM9BIN.jpg]
    Hi April, welcome aboard! I'll play the dating website game; I'm Bee, I'm a married mamma of two adorable kiddos, a little 7 month old girl and a 2.5 year old boy. They simultaneously drive me insane and make me laugh every day. I'm recently 30 and I live in MA my hubs and the kiddos. I've been here for over 5 years and don't plan on going anywhere any time soon, so please let us know if you have any questions!

I definitely have a classmate or two for Georgiana from school that would know/know of her! Looking forward to seeing you around the board!
    Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
    [Image: rb7FoHm.png]
    stunning set by Lady ♥
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    Hellooooo April! I think it's awesome that you're studying Psychology - I know a fair few at my university doing the same and it seems like a really interesting topic that is definitely open to an assortment of career paths! Oddly enough I almost picked that myself before settling on social work which I'm currently studying, though I think a minor in it is a much more suitable option for me at the moment xD

Going off of that--and joining in on the whole dating profile thing, cause why not--I'm Nolan, a 21 year old university student who finds multiple ways to procrastinate and somehow manages to get by. Whether or not this is an achievement to be proud of I'm not entirely sure, but I'll accept it! I'm glad you found your way to Charming and I do hope to plot/post with you soon :)
    Have a character who would like a pseudonym, wouldn't like to be featured, or has no issues with being mentioned in Witch Weekly? Check out this thread!
    [Image: INGAcQ.png]

Hullo April! I'm Steph. Welcome to Charming! I'm 28, from Chicago, and I spend my time not on Charming being an office drone for a living. XD I'm glad you decided to join us and I can't wait to see you around!
    [Image: 219qvph.png]
    Beautiful set by Bee!
    Hey April! We've already met, but more formally - I'm Kayte, 26, from Nova Scotia and finishing up an Education degree! I've been here for six years as of last month what is a life? so uh...hit me up if you have any questions, I guess xD

I've got a couple of characters to toss your way when I'm not supposed to be sleeping!
    — Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —
    #kaytesactivethreads

set by the unparalleled lady
    Hello April! I'm Elaine, a 23-year-old unemployable from California. Not much else to tell that's worth telling, really - but don't be alarmed if you catch me complaining about something or other in the Cbox, I have a nasty habit of doing that. Heh.

I actually have a plottable character for Georgiana! Socellia here is a Class of 1887 Ravenclaw! She and Georgiana would have shared a common room and it wouldn't be too far-fetched for Georgiana to possibly help her with her schoolwork. We could write something set back in Georgiana's seventh year if you wanted? Sorry, I couldn't help it.
    If you are not related to her, or a friend and call her anything other than Socellia
    [Image: ManHkxr.png]
    You're getting hexed
    PitaPata Dog tickers
    Set by the almighty Rune
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :) I've finally got my networking page up if anyone's interested.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Georgiana Selwyn's post:
       Odira Potter
    Hello, April! My name's Bree! I'm a senior in HS about ready to graduate, and I also live in Florida (though in the Orlando area rather than South Florida!). My interests lie in design, finance, and politics, though I probably plan to pursue finance as a degree next year. I've been on Charming for almost three years now, since the summer before my sophomore year ^^
    [Image: mVlbjp.jpg]
    Potions Club, Flying Club, Wizard's Chess Club
    Hey April! As everyone has said, welcome!

I'll head on over to your networking thread in a moment, but before that - hi, I'm MJ. I'm 21 (22 in roughly three weeks, whaaaat?) and I'm currently studying Classics in London. Aside from ancient Greek lit I'm a fan of anything Romantic or Gothic, plus all the historical tv shows I can get my hands on. xD

I look forward to seeing you around the site!
    [Image: RlYf65H.jpg]
    Another welcomer here!

I'm Lauren, I'm old and I live in England. My interests include being surrounded by books, drinking single malt and talking excessively about history and television. All of which I'm doing at this very moment!

I have a couple of debs too so I'm sure we could set something up with Georgiana, although I think mine might be a bit older. Still, all UCPB ladies for one and one for all and everything!
    [Image: oLVMe79.png]
    beautiful set by Bexy!
    Hi and welcome! I'm Jenny and I've been here for just over 3 years now. I'm 19 and live in England, and I'm currently studying architecture so tend to waver between being super active during the holidays and almost totally absent during semester unless it's to complain about concrete at 3am. I'm definitely a history and fashion nerd and art is a big part of my life. Hope you have a great time here, I'll hit up your networking once I extract myself from my essay!
    The Vablatskys are known for having the gift. Your character may recognise Apollodora/ her name
    [Image: AoN5gJf.jpg]
    [Image: kZuCust.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      (Charming) Family, Duty, Honour Annette Fontaine 9 867 09-13-2017, 11:03 AM
    Last Post: Ambrosia Shinnick
      Charming Confessions James Riley 56 7,417 08-31-2017, 01:55 PM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour
      a softer charming Cassius Lestrange 34 8,808 07-24-2017, 04:46 PM
    Last Post: Tristan Michaud
      Charming Cards Against Humanity Ursula Black 70 10,668 07-15-2017, 08:56 PM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      Charming Discord! Mathias Beaumont 0 175 05-27-2017, 05:19 PM
    Last Post: Mathias Beaumont