Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '86
  • CML
  • The Daily Prophet Headlines
    01.13 Blizzard Clean Up Reveals Corpse
    01.05 The Wallingfords in Mourning
    01.04 Blizzard Finally Ceases
    12.31 Old Maid Murderer
    12.29 M.A.C.U.S.A Arrival Imminent
    Latest Witch Weekly
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    02.20 We've made some changes to our History Records
    02.12 An early Valentine's Day announcement!
    02.08 Technical difficulties and Potion Brewing Competition sign ups!
    02.03 PW Winner and February's Writing Challenge
    02.01 AC News
    01.01 Happy New Year, Charming!
    12.28 The activity check approaches!
    12.04 New skins!
    12.01 AC news, Secret Swap, and Events!
    11.26 Secret Swap and Posting Wizard Sign-ups!
    11.18 This month's quidditch matches have been scored.
    11.08 Wenches are Hiring!
    11.03 Congrats to October's PW winner!
    11.01 AC news, Events, and NaNo
    10.29 Activity Check, Student Quidditch, and misc reminders!
    10.24 Posting Wizard and NaNo Sign ups!
    February 1887
    02.01 - 02.28 Posting Wizard
    February Writing Challenge
    02.14 Potion Brewing Competition
    02.18 Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin
    And More!

Praying for a Christmas Miracle
    @Emmeline Woodcroft - for Keavy O'Fannon

24 December, 1886
    11:28 PM

Banshee knew the baby swelling within her stomach had to be about ready to show up. Her back had been absolutely killing her off and on for about half the day, so she'd spent much of the day asking around, to see if anyone knew of a midwife in the immediate area. She really ought to have done this much, much earlier, but she had had her mother to help with much of the being pregnant. Spells to manage the swelling of her feet, and such. And the younger siblings would occasionally steal an extra apple or biscuit for her.

That couldn't stop this from coming.

So when she woke up, in the huddled pile of Simmons, with a distinctive feeling of overt pain in her abdomen. The first thing she did was try to rouse her mother - she could only rouse Giggle, who just hugged her arm and told her to go back to sleep. Which was when Banshee realized she was on her own.

Following the directions given to her by those who had been willing to speak to her, Banshee took the more central roads (if you could really call them that) through the slums to the house she'd been directed to go to, that stolen wand out and held it against the fold of her dress, just barely concealed from view. A hidden advantage against anyone who might try to attack her.

And that brought us to where we are now - Banshee standing at a stranger's door, leaning against it with her face screwed up in pain as she hugged her belly. Another minute and a half passed, and the brunette straightened, using the hand of the arm she had hugged herself with to knock on the door. Finally.

"Hello?" she gently called into the building. "Please...please, I need help. Please. I don't have anyone else to go to."
    [Image: HsJeWmC.jpg]
    [Image: 3H6MP4l.png] Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It wasn't often that Keavy stayed at her little ramshackle home in the slums. There really was no point, not when she had a decent room with a far nicer bed in a far warmer home at the Pettigrew estate. But, she had kept the home as a back up should anything ever happen. She was very grateful she had as a mother she'd delivered for before had gone into labor late that previous night and it had left her rather exhausted. She'd been so tired that trying to make her way back to the Pettigrew estate would only end in disaster. As such, she'd stayed at her little home with the plans of just getting a few hours of rest before heading back to relieve the maid who had been kind enough to take over for her.

She'd ended up sleeping a bit longer than anticipated, however, and was awoken by knocking on her door. It took her a few moments to get her bearings but once she did she headed to the door to hear the pleas of a woman. That was more than enough to kick her into gear and fully wake her up.

With the door open, Keavy was able to see with one look that the woman on her doorstep was in labor. "Come in, quickly," she said as she ushered the woman into her small home. With the door shut behind her, she quickly guided the laboring woman into the small room that housed Keavy's bed. "Lie down," she said as she began to move about and gather the things she would need, asking questions all the while, "How long have the pains been happening? How frequent?"
    Nolan rocks my world!
    [Image: QXBOJWH.jpg]
    With how horrid Banshee's luck usually was, she honestly didn't even expect the woman to answer the door. Even being ushered into the room, to the bed - an actual bed! It'd been years since she'd had anything like it - was like walking in a dream. Being told to lie down, Banshee did, brushing her hair out of her eyes and taking the moment to relax. "I'm not entirely sure...I woke up in intense pain...I think they're about...three or four minutes apart?" She couldn't be sure; none of the Simmons or Roselovs had watches.

She closed her eyes for a moment, savoring the feeling of it. Of being in a bed, of being inside. This wasn't her norm. T\he fact that it wouldn't last brought tears to her eyes; they streaked down the sides of her face to disappear in her hair.
    Keavy nodded at the woman's response but didn't actually say anything herself. She simply kept busy, gathering the needed supplies with a methodical sort of grace. "You've still some time before anything will really happen so try to rest as best you can," she said after she'd put her supplies down on a nearby table, "I've got to gather a few more herbs and some fresh water but I'll be right back."

She tried to give the girl the most reassuring smile she could offer before disappearing out of the bedroom and off to gather the remainder of the things she had just said she'd need.
    Nolan rocks my world!
    A while to go. Banshee didn't know if that news was reassuring or nerve-wracking. She was scared, God knew, the worst case scenario on her mind. But...this baby would be coming into a world that would never accept who this child was. Banshee's baby would be an outcast, bastard of a bastard. Poor. The child of a whore.

Banshee had never wanted that for her child. She didn't want to be like her own mother, a prostitute with a mess of children she couldn't support. half of the family wasn't even hers now, not since Joker's wife died.

"Here we go, little one," she murmured softly, before another contraction ripped through her, effectively silencing her.
    Keavy came back with her hands full of a mixture of herbs just in time to hear the woman mutter something then be taken with a contraction. "Shh shh," she cooed gently to the woman as she quickly hurried herself about preparing the herbs. From the sounds of the contraction and the sudden tension, it wouldn't be long before she was in active labor.

"Do you want some herbs to help take the edge off?" she asked of her, watching to see the woman's reaction in the event she was only able to give a nonvocal response, "They'll perhaps make you a bit out of it but they'll help with the pain."
    Nolan rocks my world!
    Banshee shook her head vigorously. "No, no. I don't want any herbs," she insisted. "I want this to be as organic as possible. Real. You know?" She couldn't explain it more clearly than that, than a deep desire for everything to feel and be real. It would be real, yes, but she wanted to feel it.

She wanted to know for sure what was going on.

"Keep those on reserve, though, yeah? Just in case?"