Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
Honeymoon Hangover
September 30th, 1888 - Asha's flat
Asha Bilton

The first little thread of consciousness she felt that morning was the noise outside the window. That was odd. There was never any noise outside her window, not this early in the morning. Tala furrowed her brows and rolled over to get more comfortable, pulling the blankets up around her in an effort to snuggle in. When they didn't come as easily as she would have liked she frowned in her sleep.

It was then she heard the soft breathing of another occupant in the room. She must have accidentally left her door open and one of the cats had come in. Readjusting her position again, it was then her leg brushed against something that was most certainly not a cat. Finally erring more towards wakefulness than sleep, Tala roused herself enough to open her eyes only to find herself face-to-face with Asha Bilton.

Tal was so thoroughly startled that she reeled backwards and fell completely off the bed in a tangled mess of sheets and swears.

It had been two days since Asha Bilton married the love of his life. Two days in which they had spent much of their time celebrating this momentous occasion snuggled between the covers together. Asha didn’t regret the time spent and had only received some mild jibbing from his loft mate in the process. They’d need to find more permanent quarters, he had supposed before drifting off into a blissful sleep.

The sound of a thunk brought Asha slowly back from the land of dreams and into reality. But it was the cursing that woke him up, the string of muffled expletives that came not from a male’s mouth as expected in his loft, but from a female. His eyes fluttered open to the sight of an aghast doe eyed Tala. Her brown eyes widened in horror. He could not for the life of him think of why that would be. Why she would even be in his room. “Tala?” He sat up staring at her in the mess of sheets on the floor. “Are you alright?

[Image: vgWOme.jpg]
Amazing Elaine set!
A few more choice words later and an equally confused voice greeted her from above her head. Tala manged to untangle herself from the blanket she'd brought to the floor with her and cast a flabbergasted look at the other occupant of the room. "Alright? What the fuck am I doing here, Asha?" She all but hollered, running her hands over her face and up into her tousled hair.  

Between the headache and the blurred memories of the last few days, she felt like she'd been drunk for days on end. So much so that it took her a minute to realize she was in her chemise of all things and half that time to decide she didn't care. "My head fucking hurts." She added with less volume as she cradled it in her hands and stayed resolutely on the floor.  

Asha was fairly certain she didn't mean why was she on the floor, but what else could it be. He considered her with an almost bemused look until with a crashing, pounding, skull crushing headache the answer to her confusion and his own was tossed into his mind and a frown chased away his bemusement. "I don't suppose you mean the floor..." He started slowly. "But I do believe it has something to do with the rings." The hastily bought simple bands that were echoed on each of their hands. That didn't seem right to Asha. He hadn't worn his wedding band in years.

Before she could question it further thought Tala brought her head into her hands. The sight truly pitiful despite Asha's own headache. He moved toward her, eyes full of worry. If what he remembered was right, she was still his wife and it was his place to try and take care of her. "Where does it hurt?" He asked gently, almost as if approaching a doe in a forest. Worry creased his brow as he wondered if she had woken up with a headache like his, or if she had it her head on the floor when she had fallen.

Amazing Elaine set!
Rings. Rings. The simple, yet pretty band on her finger was not supposed to be there. What was supposed to be there was Gervaise's mother's ring and Tala panicked that she'd lost it, or left it somewhere, but was relieved to see it sitting on her right hand. At least it was safe. Oh he was going to kill her. She remembered writing a letter while under the influence and the response and she could already feel the panic rising again.

Her immediate and unspoken response to his question was everywhere, but she bit her lip and forced herself to take a slow breath. "Please don't." Tala held up her hands as Asha started to move toward her. Shaking her head, both to stall him and to help get rid of some of the overwhelmingly fuzzy feeling, she fought through the headache to try and figure out what she was going to do. "How did this even happen?" She whined as she dug the heels of her hands into her temples again. "I am- was? engaged to somebody I am very much in love with." She had to have been jinxed or spelled or something, she may have been a Ravenclaw, but she was loyal; she would have never just up and eloped with somebody that was not Gervaise.

Hurt tinged Asha’s eyes at her request but he didn’t move any closer. Instead he watched with furrowed brows and a face full of concern. “I’m not sure.” Asha admitted, trying to recall the last few days through the pounding headache.

He had thought she was engaged, but with all that had happened it had seemed much like a minor point at the time. At least he felt certain it had. But then there was the other matter at hand…. The thought startled him, but they’d sort that out later. Surely it couldn’t be too big a deal.

Maybe we can work out how this happened. What do you recall of the last few days?” Try to work through it, start there and surely the rest would start to make sense.

Amazing Elaine set!
Tala tried to sift through the foggy recesses of her memory to recall what it was that had happened over the last couple days. The clearest memory she had was being at the tree farm, in her room, opening the mail and then just this overwhelming urge to see Asha.

"It's all so groggy, and I feel like it's some kind of haze we've been in for the last few days. I was at the tree farm, then apparently had to see you and found myself, and you, at the cafe. The rest is a bit of a whirlwind." That involved a marriage certificate and nuptials and spending the next couple of days here.

Oh fuck.

Groaning, Tala kept her head in her hands and pushed back the tears that threatened.

[Image: TalaSig.png]
Asha could agree with feeling in a haze. He nodded at her words, listening as he tried to piece together his own last few days. “And I went to the pub looking to put you from my mind.” He added, frowning as he tried to piece it together.

Tala’s face had crumbled and she looked as if she would cry. He never had handled crying women well. “Oh, don’t cry. We’ll figure this out. There has to be a way to fix this.” They just had to find a way. “Maybe we stop at the pub and see if everyone knows what happened?” Hopefully one of his friends might be able to explain this whole situation.

Amazing Elaine set!
Blowing out what she hoped was a steadying breath, Tala was trying hard not to panic. It wouldn't do either one of them any good and as frustrated as she was, she wasn't exactly mad at him, more extremely disappointed and angry with herself for letting anything happen. There must have been some external factor going on because she would never do this. Her engagement to Gervaise was already on the long side, she wouldn't just randomly elope with somebody else.

"That is the last place I want to go right now," The embarrassment crept into her cheeks as she pushed back the tears and looked up at Asha finally. He was right, there had to be a way to fix this. Whatever this was. An annulment? Would that be granted easily? Her reputation was in the gutter at this point, but that couldn't be helped. The only thing she cared about was getting to Gervaise and explaining. As foggy as her memories were, she did remember writing a particularly uncharacteristic letter and that had her ready to wretch. "How can we fix this?" She ran a hand through her hair and sighed.

Asha couldn’t blame Tala, but they really did need to find an answer. He couldn’t see either of them being so in love from one morning to marry on sight. There had to be something else there and the sooner they figured it out the better.

Well we can certainly get an annulment.” At least he hoped they could. Perhaps if they could figure out what happened they could get the whole thing taken care of. “But we really should find out what happened. I don’t think either of us is the type to simply decide to marry in the course of an hour. Then after we know what happened you should speak to your fiance. Surely he’ll understand.” Asha’s head pounded as he tried to think of the best course of action.

I can go to the Augery and find out if anyone knows and we can work from there. Do you want to try a letter to your intended?” He added gently, if only to have a game plan.

Amazing Elaine set!
Tala had never been so appreciative of Asha's more steady nature in her entire life. Where she was panicking, he seemed to have conquered the surprise and started thinking logically. Thank Merlin for that. He was right, too. An annulment, hopefully it wouldn't be too hard- only... No, that was a problem for another day, weeks from now, if it was a problem at all. Tala was not going to focus on that possibility at the moment.

"Good idea, yes, let's do that." Tal managed, once she thought it through. Pushing herself from the floor she kept the sheet wrapped around her, though supposed it was pointless. It wasn't like she was naked, though in just her chemise, she may as well have been.

What she didn't think was possible though, was that Gervaise would understand any of this. She had an uphill battle ahead of her in many respects.

Asha wasn’t entirely sure what response he had expected from Tala, but the ease with which she agreed surprised him. It wasn’t the best plan, but at least it was somewhere to start. Although it didn’t explain the letter she had sent him.

Tala…” Asha started as she began to stand up, fighting the urge to help her, he didn’t want her to get upset with him now that she almost seemed calm. “What of the letter you sent me?

Amazing Elaine set!
Gathering herself physically seemed to help her gather her wits a little better. Though his question caused her to pause just as she was formulating what she could ever possibly say to Gervaise in a letter. "What letter?" Tala had some pretty hazy memories from the last couple days, but she only remembered sending one letter, to her actual fiance. Not to mention she'd been with Asha since then.

The confusion was clear on her features as she perched herself lightly on the edge of the bed, peering at him curiously, one dark eyebrow raised.

Given the past few days Asha couldn’t blame Tala for not immediately remembering the letter. He set about trying to patiently explain it to her. “The one you sent the day we -wed. He finished silently, catching himself before the word escaped. After all he didn’t want to upset her further. “The day this all started.” He amended quickly. “I got one in the morning from you, shortly before I ran into you at the Griffin.” It had been full of amorous sentiments. Surely she’d remember the contents now that he had reminded her of it.

Amazing Elaine set!
Brows furrowed in earnest confusion now, Tal hadn't the foggiest as to what it was Asha was talking about. "I didn't send any letters, I got one from you though." Which was... around there somewhere? Did she still have it on her? Now the wheels were turning and she was starting to think there were some outside forces at play.

"None of this makes any sense," She whined, wishing she could just throw herself out the window and call it done. "There has to be more to this than we know." There just had to be!

I'M SO SORRY I SUCK

She had gotten one from him? Asha certainly didn’t recall writing such a letter. In fact he had had no reason to send her one, before he hadn’t thought of it, since she had been constantly by his side. “I didn’t send you one either.” A frown pursued his lips.

I agree.” He nodded his brows furrowed deep in concern. “But we’ll figure this out.” Despite this all Asha found that he wanted to make everything better for Tala, to see her smile, to laugh again.

I’ll go ask around the Augury and see what I can find out. You write your finance. We will figure this out. I promise you.” He would have clasped her hands in his, but he didn’t want to make it any worse for Tala, so instead he stood up and reached for his clothes.

@"elsie beauregard" @"tala moroe"

Amazing Elaine set!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barnabas Skeeter
November 23, 2018 – 3:31 PM
View a Printable Version