Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Hogwarts Updates 1886
    Hogwarts Updates 1886

A day early—so sue me ;) I’ve grouped pertinent information by character category, so please skim through the list and check to see what applies to you!

The first three must be completed prior to the next AC, or your character will be deactivated. No ifs, ands, or buts. No further warnings.

RETURNING HOGWARTS STUDENTS
    Please post the form below on the appropriate account. When you’ve been updated, your post will be deleted. “Extra Titles” are limited this year to quidditch positions and club presidencies (but not club memberships!).

You do not need to do this if your character was accepted on or after August 4th unless there is an error with your account.
    Code:
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]DOB:[/b]
    [b]Incoming Year & House:[/b]
    [b]Extra Titles:[/b]

DEPARTING HOGWARTS STUDENTS
    All graduates have been seen to, but graduates aren’t the only students who don’t come back. Players of lower class and generally dim characters who have completed their fifth year should seriously consider pulling them out to start a career/get married, as should anyone with a character who will be 16+ and might want to be a Pendergast Rose. Please post in maintenance to get these changes processed!

#Realism

Remember that most careers don’t actually need NEWT grades! See here for some examples.

For information on school costs and scholarships, click here.

INCOMING FIRST YEARS
    If your character was born between September 2nd, 1874 and September 1st, 1875, they would have received their Hogwarts letter last week—or maybe not! Regardless, please post below with your character’s DOB, the fact that they’ll be a first year, and whether you want to do the sorting ceremony or have a set house in mind. (Remember, the Hogwarts is my Home stamp requires a sorting post!)

Again, please post on the appropriate account!

SUMMER INTERNS
    Internships will conclude on August 26th this year. Please post in maintenance after that date to have your account looked after!

PROFESSORS
    ALL PROFESSORS are reminded to make sure the NEWT information for their courses is accurate. Please post below to confirm you have done so.

WANT TO BE FACULTY?
    We are currently recruiting for the following positions:

— Potions Professor
    — Gobbledegook Professor
    — Hogwarts Caretaker

Head over to occupations to check any requirements and/or reserve a slot for a new character, or to maintenance to move an existing character into one of these roles!

GRYFFINDORS
    We are still looking for a male fifth year prefect! For information on how to apply, click here.

HUFFLEPUFFS
    We are hiring a seventh year female prefect—the selected candidate will be notified on August 31st that she’s been given the badge instead of Miss Bones, who has taken ill! For information on how to apply, click here.

RAVENCLAWS
    We’re also hiring a sixth year female prefect to have been appointed at the start of the 85/86 school year. For information on how to apply, click here.

QUIDDITCH HOPEFULS
    Tryouts will be starting OOC on August 29th with signups opening a week before. We have a ton of slots available, so start thinking about which of your characters might be interested!

Gryffindor will be looking for a chaser, a beater, and a keeper.
    Hufflepuff will be looking for a chaser, two beaters, and a keeper.
    Ravenclaw will be looking for two chasers and a beater.
    Slytherin will be looking for two chasers and a beater.

if I could marry Bee I would but I can't so I ship our characters instead.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      1886 Calendar Barnabas Skeeter 0 3,602 01-01-2016, 04:40 PM
    Last Post: Barnabas Skeeter
      Hogwarts Updates 1885 Odira Potter 14 3,799 09-03-2015, 01:16 AM
    Last Post: Jason Zakarian
      Quidditch Updates 2014 Odira Potter 30 7,374 10-26-2014, 08:32 PM
    Last Post: Kristoffer Lestrange
      Hogwarts Updates 2014 Odira Potter 17 6,170 09-13-2014, 07:42 PM
    Last Post: Raitchel Kowatch