Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

August '16

HAPPY AUGUST—The Activity Check is officially underway! If you would like an account reactivated, you can do so by posting in maintenance starting on August 4th at 11:00am EST. The exception to this is players with no active accounts. If all of your accounts are inactive, you may immediately post to reactivate one.

As always, this only applies to accounts deactivated in the Activity Check. If yours was deactivated earlier for another reason, you are welcome to reactivate your character whenever you like!

WE WANT WENCHES—Our lovely Steph has asked me to remind you that she’ll be accepting applications to join the Weekly Wenches until Thursday.

POTION BREWING—As part of SWP6, we’re running a Potion Brewing Competition for the adult characters of Charming! Signups and further information can be found here; the competition itself kicks off August 8th!

AND NOW FEATURING—We’ve added three new features this month inspired by this year’s Charming Checkup! First up, an adoptable plots thread to help your fellow Charmers get their creative juices flowing. Next, a lonely plots thread, similar to our lonely threads, to help rustle up some companions for your schemes! Finally, a set of community goals for each month—think you can help us reach August’s?

IT’S ALMOST FALL—And that means we can soon expect a new skin! Té would love some help conjuring up some new banners; click here for details!

[-] The following 2 users Like Odira Potter's post:
       Barnabas Skeeter, Irene Fudge

if I could marry Bee I would but I can't so I ship our characters instead.

Want to ruin your character’s life? There’s a new opportunity to amortentia them this month! Consequences are as boundless as your imagination—so get thinking! (I will, however, remind students that pregnant females and all married individuals may not attend Hogwarts)

A note that we have had applications for female Hufflepuff prefect and female Ravenclaw prefect as of today—that means applications for both will close on Friday, August 19th. If interested, click here for the form and other instructions! Hufflepuff is a replacement, Ravenclaw has had the post all along.
    (FYI @'Aamiya Peverell', @Katrina Winthrop, @Daffodil Potts, @Chloe Fenix)

Our plot has been updated with a bit more of our background and a bit more brevity! (Someone remind me to update the year in January >.>)

And lastly, reminders of recent things—
    — Potion Brewing signups are open until Sunday.
    — Dueling signups are open until the 11th.
    — We’d love some help updating our advertising material!
    — And Té would love some banner submissions
    Do you play a first year?

[-] The following 4 users Like Odira Potter's post:
       Aamiya Power, Barnabas Skeeter, Chloe Fenix, Henry Berkwood

Congrats to Dante (@Madeleine Backus) who is our new Wench! She's already written a couple articles that y'all have gotten to read already, so she's already an old pro at this. XD Congrats, Dante!

[-] The following 4 users Like Henry Berkwood's post:
       Barnabas Skeeter, Elsie Beauregard, Ezra Fairclough, Theseus Greengrass
    [Image: 219qvph.png]
    Beautiful set by Bee!

A note that we have had applications for male Gryffindor prefect as of today—that means applications will close on Friday, August 26th. If interested, click here for the form and other instructions! This is a fifth year spot and the boy in question would have received his letter at the end of July!

Prefects for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff are currently undergoing scoring and will be announced within a week or so!

Congratulations to @Katherine Midford on being named Ravenclaw Prefect with a score of 9.44! As far as your student and staff characters are concerned, Miss Midford served as a prefect last year as well. Congratulations also to @Emerald Weasley for replacing Miss Bones as Hufflepuff prefect with a score of 7.14. She will be informed of this development of August 30th, and your student(s) may be surprised to note this change when they return for the new term!

There has also been a new development in the Amortentia scandal—see today’s paper for more information!

[-] The following 5 users Like Hamish Darrow's post:
       Barnabas Skeeter, Eros Mohr, Henry Berkwood, Nell Little, Theseus Greengrass

NO MORE CUFFS!
    For those with female Hogwarts students, the new Daily Prophet article might interest you (i.e. no more Hogwarts' chastity cuffs!)

NEW SKINS
    September 1st is approaching, which means we have 4 new skins coming! As you know, I love to tease mini-previews of them in the days leading up to the release, so here you are:

[Image: square_herbology_zpsqkymnivb.png]

ACTIVITY CHECK
    The 1st also brings around the Activity Check! The activity check will take place one week from today, Thursday. Please double check that your CML entries are accurate and complete, and that your mini profile has been filled in on each account!

Applications will not be accepted on Wednesday as a result of the impending AC.
    Barney uses a prosthetic leg and a cane to get around.

[Image: AWqs15D.gif][Image: kZuCust.jpg]

Sneak peek number 2!

Posting Wizard
    [Image: 219qvph.png]
    Beautiful set by Bee!

The play-by list has been modified to do away with the monstrosity that is the sharing list. Characters willing to share will now be tagged, and interested players can contact them accordingly. Unfortunately, you may get notified every time the post is edited >.> We as a staff team will try to mitigate this by not updating it willy-nilly (every couple of days at most!), and we can come up with a new solution if it gets to be too obnoxious!

Speaking of sharing, consider doing it! You’re under no obligation to share with every Tom, Draco, or Harry that rolls by, but if you can think of a few general criteria under which you’d be down with it, why not switch to sharable?

Please take this opportunity to make sure your PBs are up to date, including usernames attached to them! At least one person has gotten married and not updated their claim to reflect this ;)

Also, a reminder that the AC is Thursday and quidditch tryouts start tomorrow!

Number 3, friends.

[-] The following 3 users Like Barnabas Skeeter's post:
       Flitterbloom Vaisey, Hiram Birch, Imogen MacFusty

Last preview - tomorrow is the big day!

Also just a heads up that all active threads that were in the Hogwarts area forums have been moved to the Past forum in order to clear the way for the new start of term!
    [-] The following 4 users Like Barnabas Skeeter's post:
       Darling Whitledge (Hymn), Imogen MacFusty, Odira Potter, Theseus Greengrass

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      August '17 Odira Potter 5 2,811 08-27-2017, 10:30 AM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      August '15 Odira Potter 10 6,190 08-30-2015, 12:22 AM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      August '14 Odira Potter 8 6,077 08-31-2014, 03:11 PM
    Last Post: Violet MacFusty