Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Lonely Plots
    I want Dhaval to get his hands to a baby dragon. Maybe it escapes from a dragon uh, zoo. Or maybe someone smuggled an egg in London and the dragon was born. Anyway, I really want him to deal with it while it's still tiny until shit gets real. It could maybe involve the MacFustys later on: @Imogen MacFusty @Kentigern MacFusty @Mundungus MacFusty @Malcolm Macfusty

If someone is interested, the dragon egg could have been intended for them so then they can be all "Hey you stole my dragon D:<"

I'd prefer if Dhaval didn't get in serious trouble with the Ministry because I'd rather he didn't go to Azkaban for the next 20 years lol.
    [-] The following 2 users Like Dhaval Dandekar's post:
       Cassius Lestrange, Imogen MacFusty
    Dhaval speaks with an Indian accent.
    Operation Get August Laid
    Thom's love life is pretty meh at the moment and he's taking the opportunity for distraction by meddling in the (entirely non-existent) love life of @August Echelon-Arnost. He'd like to force him into talking with and potentially even goad him into flirting with a suitable upper or middle class pureblood woman, between the ages of 17 - 25, who has never been married and is not currently courting/betrothed/engaged, obvs. Not a staunch conservative.

Ideal candidates would be either ladies who will be at this event (probably as someone's sister since there aren't many ladies on the invite list) or would have been at PSYR in 1884-85 with Hannah, but if you've got other ideas for how Thom might know this lady I'm all ears.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Thom Pettigrew's post:
       Souri Avninder

For Alfred:

Alfred is seeking an illustrator to help him put together a novel from the log entries he kept during the Sycorax expedition. Male or female, any class/background, 17+. This will involve a lot of relationship building between the two of them since Alfred hasn't really shared his logs with anyone yet, and the illustrator will be seeing them before the rest of the world does. Realistically, he's probably not able to offer up front compensation so whoever applies would have to be willing to work for a share of the royalties from the published book. There is a very high likelihood that once Alfred gets to know and like this person, he may ask them to accompany him on the expedition as the official artist, but you/your character can feel free to decline. As far as experience goes, anyone from 'professional illustrator' to 'enjoyed art class at Hogwarts' is a viable candidate. Beggars can't be choosers ;)

Either send Alfred and owl and tag J. Alfred Darrow, or hit me up on Skype/PM to discuss possibilities!

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Lonely Thread List Charming 28 141,651 01-14-2018, 03:54 PM
    Last Post: Rufus Bixby
      Adoptable Plots Odira Potter 48 8,874 12-24-2017, 11:48 AM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour
      Dantes Summer plots Ailbhe Nic Giolla Mháirtín 2 525 06-17-2016, 01:19 PM
    Last Post: Ailbhe Nic Giolla Mháirtín