Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '86
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.
    08.01 Happy August!
    07.31 SWP meets Monthly Grouper in an opportunity to network and get some stamps.
    07.29 AC incoming et al.
    07.28 And the prefects are...
    07.23 Your stamp collection is about to get bigger!
    07.21 Calling in the banners!
    07.15 The rubble has been cleared and deadlines loom!
    07.10 Not one, not two, but THREE more stamps to add to your collection~
    07.09 New Account Change Feature!
    07.09 Disaster strikes!
    07.08 Charmers go above and beyond...
    07.07 Pop-up protest and photobucket things
    07.06 Photobucket emergency! Read me!
    07.04 A plot is afoot ;)
    07.01 July has come! Group threads are coming!
    August 1887
    SWP7 is live!
    08.01 - 08.31 Posting Wizard
    07.01 - 08.31 Camp Charming
    08.09 - 08.16 Adinbury Hunt
    08.14 Anti-Ban Protest
    08.16 - 08.23 Sanditon Regatta
    08.25 Hogsmeade Hall Dance
    And More!

Lonely Plots
    Lonely Plots

Have you got a grand idea for a plot but need a role (or roles) filled in before it can really take off? Post below describing the sort of character you need, your intention for them, and, if possible, how many threads you might require!

For example:
    Quote: Wanted for Jeremy Rohlwing: a potioneer he can pay to brew an (unsuccessful) Eyesight-Improving Potion for him. MC/LC AB, professional or amateur, does not have to be reputable. Estimated 1-3 threads. Contact MJ by Skype.
    You can be as vague or as detailed as you like! Requests will be soft deleted after two months and you’ll be contacted asking if you would like the coding to repost it.

Requests for specific characters to be created must instead be posted in Adoptable Plottables. This thread is intended only to recruit existing characters into your schemes!
    [-] The following 2 users Like Odira Potter's post:
       Elsie Beauregard, Theseus Greengrass
    — Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —
    #kaytesactivethreads

set by the unparalleled lady
    Wanted for Natsuko
    Her Gaurdian - MALE UCAB - a friend of her late Aunts. Should be 45+
    He hates or at least disdains Natsuko - either for her race, class, or for her blood status (she is halfblood but appears as muggle born).

She hates him right back - time for some head butting!

Contact me on any account
    [Image: I8yL65.png]
    Amazing set by Nolan
    For Temerita Reid
    Meri is very short.  Like very short... when I made her I was trying to compensate for my freakishly tall 6' 2" character.  But now I'd like to fix that.  She works at Ollivander's London and I'd love for a broken wand to backfire on her or perhaps a poorly matched wand lash out and make her giant.  Then she'll need to be shrunk back down but drawing inspiration from Hermione and her teeth, she's going to fib a bit about her natural height and come out 2 inches taller.  So maybe a Healer, Accidental Magic Reversal Person, or wand customer?  Ideally this would start in time for nano :D
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Temerita Reid's post:
       Thom Pettigrew
    Meri is a Seer. PM me for all things visions-related.
    ~When I find myself in times of trouble Mother MJ comes to me, creating sets of wonder let it be?~

Wanted for Ezra Vablatsky:
    A centaur to mistake him for his brother, @Micajah Vablatsky, who published a book about centaurs after spying them for several months. Said centaur should not be pleased by this xD I can come up with an excuse for Ezra to be just about anywhere, so don’t let location stop you from volunteering!
    [-] The following 2 users Like Ezra Vablatsky's post:
       Acacia Ruskin, Madeleine Backus
    [Image: wb2sWK8.png]
    behold, the glory of mj!
    Wanted for Kentigern MacFusty:
    A governess for Tiger's four non-Hogwarts aged children (he has five in total). His previous one has decided to retire and so he will be holding interviews and such since he has to be sure the candidate can handle the job.

Lower or Middle with Middle being preferred; must have experience though is willing to consider inexperienced ladies depending on how they do in the interview process. Must be capable of being strict without being cruel or otherwise overly distressing for the children.
    Tiger speaks with the typical Scottish accent of MacFustys
    [Image: 2u70pzp.jpghttp:]
    set by tiffany
    Wanted for Una:
    An UC lady to take pity on or see something in Una and make her a personal mission of sorts. Have her attend UC functions with her and introduce her to all the up to do folk (though not PB unless they aren't blood prejudice).
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Una Walsh's post:
       Reuben Crouch
    I've lost count of Nolan Sets..
    [Image: G4Ji8S5.jpg]
    Una is a Metamorphmagus and can therefore change her appearance.
    Wanted for Bruteytootey:
    Brutus strongly resembles an UC male - your character? Your character's son/brother/husband? For some reason or another, a doppleganger is needed and Brutus is chosen for his uncanny resemblance. Unfortunately, Brutus is not only LC but a buffoon and liability. Embarrassment and failed plans are inevitable.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Brutus Kettleburn's post:
       Ottilie Pine

Perfect set all thanks to Té<3
    Wanted for Ottilie Pine:
    A Hogsmeade Hospital healer for Tillie to be crushing on. She will make an absolute fool of herself in the healer's presence (clumsy, stumbling over words, etc). I'm going to go out on a limb and not even be picky about gender. For some reason Tillie strikes me as the kind who may like to swing both ways, I'm not super sure. Probably in for 3+ threads to see the chemistry and then we can go from there! Please PM me on @Elsie Beauregard with any ideas!
    [-] The following 2 users Like Ottilie Pine's post:
       Lucy Pettigrew, Odira Potter
    Wanted for Kerensa
    Future Hubbie - MALE UCPB -  any fella is fine. Please be 20+, or at least not younger. Mostly inspired by this post. Can be a former client, or they can meet on this thread.

Do it for the beautiful scandal and drama!!
    Witch Weekly might just explode!!

Contact me on any account, but preferably this one.
    Set created by me! Check out more at my graphics shop!
    [Image: DSpg8ds.jpg]
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers[Image: 3H6MP4l.png]
    Guinevere is gonna be kidnapped!! But who's responsible? That's a shout out that I'm asking.
    Motives
    • She's rich, could be for money.
    • She's supportive of her squib brother, person hired by rich blood purist to scare her.
    • Same reason, but it could be a blood purist themselves (probably of lower class, or at least a bad rep already).
    Rules
    • I don't want her to die. Saying that right now, she lives through this.
    • Please don't hurt her at least no more than cuts and bruising.

I want this in Witch Weekly, fair warning. Your character does not have to be mentioned, and they could even not be caught if that's what you want for your character. Not sure how long I want her kidnapped for, we can discuss that, depends on both of their time-lines.

Please PM me either on this account or Acacia Ruskin.
    Set created by the amazing Elaine!!
    [Image: v4gifwQ.gif]
    [Image: WtJhDwv.jpg]Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers[Image: IA6oJ9t.gif]
    [Image: uZwWyBq.jpg][Image: stampedy_zps1bedaa68.png]
    I have plot ideas for Chet that I must silence!
    Chester really fell apart after his cousin Bentley's death in 1883. So much so that he became an alcoholic for about 2 years. An idea has been floating in my head that maybe during one of his drunken stupors he did something stupid, like made too hasty a move on a mutual friend of Bentley and his.

Maybe she fancied Bentley, but Chester fancied her. Maybe she fancied Chester, but knew that Bentley really liked her and out of respect for his death kind of abstained from making her move and then Chet had to go and mess things up. It's all kind of open and up to you! xD But, whichever way her feelings swayed, he really screwed up and they've not spoken since.

I would like them to recently run into each other again (maybe during the WWM fiasco?) and they sort of reconnected. I'm hoping that this reunion will set in motion the rekindling of feelings, but of course not without some drama on the way. xD;

This girl would likely hail from the middle class, can be anywhere from 21-25 years old, can be a pre-existing character or you can make her specifically for this plot! <3
    Please PM @Darling Whitledge if you're interested!

THIS STUDLY SET IS BY BEE! <3
    HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS

Dionisia is currently living in a reputable boarding house in Pennyworth, but she's terribly unhappy with the lack of human interaction that comes from living on her own. In her youth, she stayed with friends while not at school, so she's used to having some form of companionship at all times.

She is currently looking for new place to go, though she isn't quite sure where that is yet. I'm looking for a MC male character who lives with his parents and at least one sister — a sister who brings a very pretty Dionisia home to "help the poor girl out", but with the actual intention of having her picky or fussy brother marry her at some point. Said sister need not be played, but it would be nice if she was for threading purposes.

Dionisia is a hopeless romantic, but she believes that there are few men who could ever make her truly happy. Along with being MC, the man should be at least 24 years old and should not hold purist values. Dionisia would also only take a male who was liberal or at least moderately liberal.

It should be noted that while Dionisia is technically lower class, she does not present herself as such. She dresses in clothing typical of lower middle class women and associates with middle class individuals more than she does lower class people. She is lower class by circumstance (i.e. she was orphaned for all intents and purposes at the age of eleven and lives on her own with no family wealth to back her), but she still associates with middle class people.
    If interested, please send a PM to @Handsome Whitledge
    OR skype me at breerosellenyoung@gmail.com.

If you have an interest but do not have an existing character,
    I would most definitely be able to work with a new character!

Dionisia considers herself middle class. Also, Stef is amazing.
    Dionisia has a lonely plot! | Bask in the glory of her moodboard by Tiff!
    So Cecily needs to be outed as a part Veela, sooooooo I need a volunteer, a male personage Under the age of 18 to get all gooey crushed on Cecily as she hits puberty and proper Veela powers manifest

One shot thread - nothing more required.
    Cecily is Part Veela (1/2)
    so there is a supernatural attraction, protection or appeasement required from Males
    [Image: IW4FxY.png]
    MJ is Queen!
    For Louisa Potts:
    [Image: tumblr_oawm8c9eCQ1u5i578o4_r2_400.gif]

Lou needs an object of her secret affections! The girl in question would have attended school with Lou from 1880-1887 and they would have been close, if not best friends. Lou has always been too afraid to confess her true feelings towards her, but who knows how that might change! Bonus points if the girl will start PSYR in the fall, but I can probably also make it work if she doesn't. MC or UC preferred.
    [-] The following 3 users Like Louisa Potts's post:
       Ellory Pendergast, Helena MacMillan, Regina Lacey
    For @Florence Fudge

A Victorian Lovely Complex

Florence is a tall woman, especially by Victorian standards. Standing at 5 feet and 9 inches, she basically towers over the average Victorian man.

I would love for her to fall for a man shorter than her because it would likely lead to some funny insecurity issues—for her and the guy, especially if he starts to reciprocate her feelings. It would basically force both characters to start feeling more comfortable in their own skins and endure, most likely, the awkward looks they might get should romance blossom, which I hope it does! because what's the point of requesting a Love*Com-like scenario if they don't fall in love?

Open to a man most likely of the UC or MC, 5 ft. and 7 in. tall or shorter, and 21+ years old!

Please PM @Darling Whitledge if you're interested in this plot! <3

Darling is taking CoMC & Ghoul Studies for her OWL electives.
    She is in the Potions & Dueling Clubs.

This precious set is by MJ!

PitaPata Cat tickers

A SCRIBE:
    Herbert Fudge is dead. He cannot hold a quill, but still intends to run his resort. To accommodate this, he’ll be hiring a scribe at pay level six, though the successful candidate will have the bonus of living in the family portion of the Sanditon Resort! Candidate should…
    • Be 15-35
    • Be male
    • No longer be in school
    • Be respectable
    • Be literate
    • Be lower class
    • Be reliable, but possess a sense of adventure.
    Interested parties should send an owl tagged to Herbert with a letter of introduction! I’ll accept existing or new characters :)
    [-] The following 2 users Like Herbert Fudge's post:
       Darling Whitledge, Ellory Pendergast
    set by stef <3
    [Image: z88GyXt.png]

The Sanditon Resort
    Wants You!
    H. E. Fudge: April 1st, 1849 - July 9, 1887

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Lonely Thread List Charming 19 126,946 8 hours ago
    Last Post: Frieda Sanger
      Adoptable Plots Odira Potter 35 5,219 08-16-2017, 08:36 AM