Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '86
  • CML
  • The Daily Prophet Headlines
    01.13 Blizzard Clean Up Reveals Corpse
    01.05 The Wallingfords in Mourning
    01.04 Blizzard Finally Ceases
    12.31 Old Maid Murderer
    12.29 M.A.C.U.S.A Arrival Imminent
    Latest Witch Weekly
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    02.12 An early Valentine's Day announcement!
    02.08 Technical difficulties and Potion Brewing Competition sign ups!
    02.03 PW Winner and February's Writing Challenge
    02.01 AC News
    01.01 Happy New Year, Charming!
    12.28 The activity check approaches!
    12.04 New skins!
    12.01 AC news, Secret Swap, and Events!
    11.26 Secret Swap and Posting Wizard Sign-ups!
    11.18 This month's quidditch matches have been scored.
    11.08 Wenches are Hiring!
    11.03 Congrats to October's PW winner!
    11.01 AC news, Events, and NaNo
    10.29 Activity Check, Student Quidditch, and misc reminders!
    10.24 Posting Wizard and NaNo Sign ups!
    February 1887
    02.01 - 02.28 Posting Wizard
    February Writing Challenge
    02.14 Potion Brewing Competition
    02.18 Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin
    And More!

Lonely Plots
    Lonely Plots

Have you got a grand idea for a plot but need a role (or roles) filled in before it can really take off? Post below describing the sort of character you need, your intention for them, and, if possible, how many threads you might require!

For example:
    Quote: Wanted for Jeremy Rohlwing: a potioneer he can pay to brew an (unsuccessful) Eyesight-Improving Potion for him. MC/LC AB, professional or amateur, does not have to be reputable. Estimated 1-3 threads. Contact MJ by Skype.
    You can be as vague or as detailed as you like! Requests will be soft deleted after two months and you’ll be contacted asking if you would like the coding to repost it.

Requests for specific characters to be created must instead be posted in Adoptable Plottables. This thread is intended only to recruit existing characters into your schemes!
    [-] The following 2 users Like Odira Potter's post:
       Elsie Beauregard, Theseus Greengrass
    Currently on scarcity!
    — Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —

set by the unparalleled lady
    Wanted for Kendra here (and @Brian Pratt)--
    Magical ladies between 20 and 26 that Kendra would be acquainted with and think well enough of to try to set up with her dear brother. Should be middle class and open-minded, as he is a muggle.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Kendra Dumbledore's post:
       Brian Pratt
    Wanted for Natsuko
    Her Gaurdian - MALE UCAB - a friend of her late Aunts. Should be 45+
    He hates or at least disdains Natsuko - either for her race, class, or for her blood status (she is halfblood but appears as muggle born).

She hates him right back - time for some head butting!

Contact me on any account
    [Image: v686dh.jpg]
    Amazing set by Té
    For The Jubilation plot!

The Mysterious Benefactor: Jubilation's construction was in limbo for years until the benefactor reinvigorated the project. The benefactor is UCAB and has ~an ulterior motive~ for their part in the ship's construction. After the ship's crash, people will be poking around and eventually the spotlight will turn to person who funded the venture. I'm being kind of vague here because I have a few ideas in mind, but I want them to be surprises. Message me if you'd like more info or to see if your character would work for this!
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Souri Avninder's post:
       Barnabas Skeeter
    [Image: souri-sig.png]
    tag Souri Avninder in your replies, please!
    For Temerita Reid
    Meri is very short.  Like very short... when I made her I was trying to compensate for my freakishly tall 6' 2" character.  But now I'd like to fix that.  She works at Ollivander's London and I'd love for a broken wand to backfire on her or perhaps a poorly matched wand lash out and make her giant.  Then she'll need to be shrunk back down but drawing inspiration from Hermione and her teeth, she's going to fib a bit about her natural height and come out 2 inches taller.  So maybe a Healer, Accidental Magic Reversal Person, or wand customer?  Ideally this would start in time for nano :D
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Temerita Reid's post:
       Thom Pettigrew
    Meri is a Seer. PM me for all things visions-related.
    ~When I find myself in times of trouble Mother MJ comes to me, creating sets of wonder let it be?~

Wanted for Ezra Vablatsky:
    A centaur to mistake him for his brother, @Micajah Vablatsky, who published a book about centaurs after spying them for several months. Said centaur should not be pleased by this xD I can come up with an excuse for Ezra to be just about anywhere, so don’t let location stop you from volunteering!
    [Image: wb2sWK8.png]
    behold, the glory of mj!
    Wanted for Kentigern MacFusty:
    A governess for Tiger's four non-Hogwarts aged children (he has five in total). His previous one has decided to retire and so he will be holding interviews and such since he has to be sure the candidate can handle the job.

Lower or Middle with Middle being preferred; must have experience though is willing to consider inexperienced ladies depending on how they do in the interview process. Must be capable of being strict without being cruel or otherwise overly distressing for the children.
    Tiger speaks with the typical Scottish accent of MacFustys
    [Image: 2u70pzp.jpghttp:]
    set by tiffany

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Lonely Thread List Charming 33 93,923 4 hours ago
    Last Post: Eli Swan
      Adoptable Plots Odira Potter 9 1,414 12-19-2016, 08:34 PM
    Last Post: Lupus Jameshill
      Dantes Summer plots Ailbhe Nic Giolla Mháirtín 2 212 06-17-2016, 01:19 PM
    Last Post: Ailbhe Nic Giolla Mháirtín