Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Let Me Be The One You Need
Private 
October 7th, 1888 — Lupin House, Wellingtonshire
Elsbeth Lupin
Less than a week ago, Mrs. Elsbeth Lupin had approached her with a proposition: in exchange for serving as a surrogate for the couple's next child, she would receive payment and pampering throughout the duration of her her pregnancy. What had first seemed like a ridiculously crazy, reckless, irresponsible idea had slowly begun to grow on her. She'd realized that, depending on the size of the payment, she may be able to give her daughter a chance for a better, more stable future (... and she'd presumably get the chance to sleep with Mr. Lupin, and it was embarrassing how many times she'd imagined what that might entail despite never before considering it a possibility).

After a lot of pacing, list-making, and soul-searching, Daphne found the strength to abandon her duties that afternoon to seek out the mistress of the house. She knocked on the door to Mrs. Lupin's room, her arms shaking.

"It-It's Daphne, My Lady," she called hesitantly, leaning her head gently against the wooden frame. The strain on her voice was evident as she tried to convey her meaning while also remaining unsuspecting. "I've come to speak about your recent request."