Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Once Upon a Dream
Private 
September 28, 1888 - Diagon Alley
Richard Gladstone

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream

The moment Lucy had secured her latest letter onto her owl she had hurried to ready herself, her fingers and moments almost trembling in anticipation. Finally she would meet her prince charming. She grinned from ear to ear despite her increasing impatience. She had known the instant she had written that she would meet Mr. Gladstone that she would wear her favorite peach day down. So many ladies couldn’t pull off peach gowns, their complexions turning pallid or sallow with such a color. But it made Lucy’s pinks turn pink and highlighted her golden locks. It was exactly the type of gown she wished for her first appearance before the man she loved. As soon as she was ready she had try to patiently write a letter to her mother explaining the sudden afternoon call for when her mother woke up from her nap. Hopefully the headache that had plagued her all day would be gone enough to think nothing of her daughter’s absence.

Within moments she apperated with her maid to Diagon Alley, fearing musing her hair, carefully curled just minutes before, rather than floo powder that her mother preferred she use. Apperation was just so much more convenient, Lucy had always argued, and it mused one’s outfit up much less. This was such an important meeting that she couldn’t mess anything up.

Lucy found the ice cream parlor easy enough, but she hadn’t anticipated the waiting. What did she do while she waited. She didn’t want to look to eager, but she didn’t want him not to notice - oh, what if he didn’t even know her. Her letter had left no hint of who she might be. She had felt so confident that Mr. Gladstone would recognize her on site, but what if he didn’t? Lucy fretted, twisting her lace gloves in her hands. She looked around for something to make her look more at rest, wondering if she went to the next storefront to peer in the window if she might be missed from her spot entirely, when someone tapped on her shoulder. Already beaming to greet them as she turned.

[Image: xsLWWd.png]
Thank you MJ for an amazingly Lucy set!