Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Maxe's Menagerie | Networking Hub

& honor goldwinter

Imogen MacFusty / September Lynch
It would be interesting to see how Honor and September would interact in the present day. I don't know if there would have been a sour note that they would have left their "friendship" on after graduating, but I'm sure September would have had some thoughts about Honor's descent from on high.

& honor goldwinter

Maeve Connolly
If not a role model, then perhaps a fellow colleague that tries to raise Honor's spirits and push her to be her best self via sarcastic comments and venomous remarks, haha? I'm open to suggestions for these two if you have any specifics!

Castor Allaway
Castor is a total cutie! I think during their downtime they could have some fun exploring London and such together? I'm sure Honor can also give him a heads up about a few things for the first of his first year and also his second?

(October 11, 2018 – 12:51 AM)Honor Goldwinter Wrote:

& honor goldwinter

Hudson Woodcroft ,
Butting heads sounds like the perfect place to start! Honor thrives off of sarcasm and a healthy rivalry, though she is still a trainee so she won't continuously try to upstage or challenge Hudson, haha. I think if he was deliberately a little hard on her and she didn't just roll over and take it (ironically, I'm channelling Tris and Four?!) it could make for some pretty good threading. Do you think Hudson would have any input on her practical/field training?

I love the idea, and totally see the tris and four vibe. Think he might have a little, but not a ton. But if he had gotten in his way once he may be a bit hard on her. Shes in her last year of training, right?

[Image: x5VH1p.png]
An amazing signature from Bee <3

& honor goldwinter

Hudson Woodcroft ,
Honor is certainly within her last year of training, yes! At the moment she is "in between" mentors, so maybe we could begin a thread that perhaps sees her partnered with Hudson for a field mission? I'm sure there's an NPC dark wizard we could utilise and have some fun with?

All I really have is Barnabas Skeeter, resident asshat, who has very recently accidentally married Maeve Connolly thanks to amortentia. Before that, the two were butting heads a hell of a lot because he had a huge campaign to ban women from dueling tournaments. More info on that is in his profile. He doesn't like women holding masculine occupations so he likely wouldn't get along with Honor just because of that.

[Image: xU9tKc.png]
set by Bee
Hey Maxe and welcome to Charming! I'm Jon and have a few characters to toy with. You can find a list of them here. Feel free to reply to there if a character takes your interest that isn't listed here!

Immediately, Charles Caulfield springs to mind. He's a twenty-seven year old halfblood who is currently the Squad Chief for the DMLE. Whilst romance is definitely off the table for these two (I don't think their personalities would mesh well for that anyway), I think their careers could be a cause for rivalry or civility between the two. Being Squad Chief means that often, Charles does have to liaise with the Auror Office on assignments (and vice versa) so there's definitely something we could do from that angle.

Outside of work, I don't think they'd talk to one another and if they did, it would likely be about work in all honesty. Though he is quite progressive in the fact that he thinks it's good women are more involved in jobs typically reserves for men in this era, he holds on tight to the societal values of the man being the breadwinner so this could be a source of discontent between the two.

Any idea you have for Charles, let me know!

The second character I have is Durant Lécuyer purely on the basis that he is purist - perhaps moreso. He doesn't consider most purebloods as real wizards because they need to use a wand. He was very vocal about the way the Ministry (in his view, poorly) handled the fog situation and wouldn't think twice about expressing his disdain for not only how useless he thinks the Ministry - and Aurors - are but also the fact that she's a woman. He's of the mind that men and women have their own place in the world and these roles should not change.

Though if by a miracle they happen to get on for some reason, he can be quite soft though very direct and to-the-point. Though this soft personality rarely comes out even to his own children (to which he tries to raise on his own with the help of house staff as he's a widower).

My third, fourth, fifth and sixth characters for you are Thomas Tilcott, Andrew Lyness, Coleman Beasley and Grant Brown. These are more chilled and I'm really more interested in just seeing how they'd get on with Honor. The only one that's open for anything romantic is Coleman though I'm pretty sure he's not exactly her type being a working-class drug dealing drug addict. Andrew and Grant are my businessmen and they are quite progressive (even if one is being enchanted by a Veela and his love may not be as real as he thought). Thomas is just my angel and he is too pure. His father just died, and unfortunately, he isn't open to romance, though I think he'd think she was rad.

The final two I offer is Edgar Hughes and Woopy for no other reason than ghost and house elf!

Let me know if there's any ideas you have - or even if you think another character would be someone Honor could be friends, rivals, or otherwise with.
Fantastic! I'll brainstorm a scenario and start you a thread when I come up with something. :)

is it a crime to love too well?
To bear too tender, or too firm a heart, to act a lover's or a Roman's part?
Is there no bright reversion in the sky, for those who greatly think, or bravely die?
Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
(October 11, 2018 – 5:58 PM)Honor Goldwinter Wrote:

& honor goldwinter

Reuben Crouch
Well isn't Reuben the most attractive scoundrel this side of Hogsmeade? I can see Honor straying towards the path of untamed exhilaration, and I'm sure that Reuben has a few ways in which he can tempt Honor into testing the boundaries of the law. I don't think in her naive and somewhat curious mind that she could resist a tale of a get rich quick scheme, or an invitation to see how a suave would-be racketeer operates!

Black market sting ops? ;D

He is sensible and simple; bold and natural
So strange and agreeable; there is nothing formidable
His smile is most naive, cheerful and good-natured
And he’s as handsome up close as at a distance