Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Swatches
October 9th, 1888 — Gryffindor Tower

Just after classes ended for the day and dinner was over, Lydia was sitting in the common room of her tower. An owl came swooping to the window. She recognized it as one from her sister and eagerly opened the window. She expected a letter to be dropped into the room but instead a large package fell onto the floor. That was highly unusual. She wasn't expecting anything from her family. All her friends were here at Hogwarts. Maybe it was mislabeled?

Still, she thought, maybe it would be smart to look and see if there was a letter attached to it. Sure enough, after a quick scan, there was.

Lydia,
I have enclosed some fabric swatches for you to look at. I know your coming out ball isn't for several months, but I believe we need to get ahead of the competition on this.
Yours truly,
Your mother

Well wasn't that sweet! Picking up the package, Lydia walked over to her chair and turned to Emmeline, one of her favorite housemates. "Emmie!" she squealed happily, "Look, Mama sent me fabric to look at for my debut ballgown. Would you like to look at it with me?"