Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Rissa's Radical Networking Thread
Player Name Rissa

Character: Mara Stannard
Quick Facts: bastard who lives with her mother, though is occasionally visited by her maternal family, and could very well assume a Middle Class lifestyle if her mother wasn't so proud about taking money. Mara wears hand-me-downs from her mother and aunts.
Class: Working
Blood/Race: Halfblood

Needs:
Friends: Mara's a pretty happy-go-lucky kid, who doesn't know how hard she has it compared to others, so she'll usually strike up conversation with anyone. She's independent, though she does like to lug her cat, Puddles, along with her. Things they could talk about include: magical questions, Ministry questions, and in general, questions about the way things work, as well as things that Mara likes to do and imagine in her free time. It would be great to have some kids her age that get tutored with Mara's grandmother.
Also needed: Mara's mother, grandfather, father(or perhaps someone who is like a father*) grandmother, uncle and aunts.
*A plot idea, if you're interested, is Mara picks out a few men that remind her of her grandfather(one of the only capable adult men in her life) and decides to set them up with her mother by talking the woman up. Whether or not the men are actually as Mara thinks they are is up to you, so most men would fit with this plot(especially if you want some little kid drama)

Character: Ares Mayor
Quick Facts: infamous Quidditch coach, frequently found in the slums, bisexual, previously a keeper, overall bad influence, a little harsh, discriminates against women in Quidditch(unless they can play, frequently seen with different women.
Class: Middle
Blood/Race: Halfblood

Needs:
Friends: Most likely people who, like him, enjoy Quidditch, gambling, or people who are in the same social circles or friends of friends. I expect some ex(or maybe current, if they're still playing)Chudley Cannons who could still be friends
Hurls: Male or female, any class, any blood. Anybody who's hoping for marriage can expect a little bit of reluctance, but it wouldn't be too hard to convince Ares if he can find the right woman. Male hurls can expect a quieter affair, though Ares isn't a subtle man.
(Reserve?)Team Members: Ares needs to connect with his team members! I know we have most of the team, and I'm happy to see them. Maybe a practice would be in order?
Jeremiah is totally available as a daddy figure! He's the owner of the Owl Emporium and he'd totes hire her for oddjobs!
Cool! I think Mara would like working over there(even if her mom wouldn't necessarily), especially because of all the owls(she's a fan of the animals). Would definitely try, at least once, dad-ify him, but if it doesn't work she'd definitely just be into hanging out with the owls. As long as her cat could tag along once in a while, of course.
Hello! Welcome to Charming!

I have a possible friend option for Mara. Billie Farrow is a nine-year-old, working class bastard who also lives in Hogsmeade, loves cats, and does odd jobs! I think they could definitely have a lot to talk about and some fun threads.

Other than that, I also have Leo Lupin who wouldn't be good as a friend, but they could possibly encounter one another in Hogsmeade. He is a 4 (almost 5) year old sociopath, pretty much.

Those are probably my best options. I also have Gilbert Whitechapel who could possibly toss her a knut or something for helping him with maintenance at the hospital or something. He would be a terrible match for a father figure hahaha.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Billie Farrow's post:
   Ophelia Devine

[Image: xxq4g6.png]
Awesome signature by MJ!  Thank yoooou!
Thanks for the welcome!
I think that Billie and Mara would have a lot to talk about! Does Billie have a solid relationship with either of her parents? Mara likes to talk about her mom a lot, haha. Mara doesn't do a lot of odd jobs(just ones that involve animals or some other scheme), it's usually her mother or(hush!) her grandparents who pay for her things, so she does come off as higher-than-you at times, but she (generally) looks up to older kids, so Billie would be cool to her.

I think it would be funny to see how Leo and Mara were together. Honestly if he came near her cat...she'd have something to say lol. But it would be a little odd to throw them together, unless they were at High Street or something. You can bet she'd be waving the 'I'm older' card around.
She's currently developing a relationship with her father, Gideon Ollivander, but nobody else knows they are related. Her mother is a terrible human who hates magic. Haha. But Billie would definitely listen to Mara talk about her mother! :) They could totally have some sort of animal adventure together if you wanted. Billie is always down with that, or anything really. Adventures! (And their cats could meet.)

Leo would likely try to hurt Mara's cat. Hahaha I think the most likely way for them to encounter each other would be if he wandered away from his Nanny while out running errands on High Street.

[Image: xxq4g6.png]
Awesome signature by MJ!  Thank yoooou!
Cat adventures it is! Puddles is kinda a lazy big boy, but he follows Mara when she wants him to, so he's got that going for him, as well as the fact that he regularly claws at furniture in the house, and even sometimes eats a mouse!

Mara would definitely poke fun at Leo for even having a Nanny, even if it's one he wants to get away from
I unfortunately don't have anybody her age, my youngest character is Sloane Bixby who is a second year Gryffindor at Hogwarts, but she does live in Bartonburg the rest of the year!

I also play Quincey Honeyduke who owns/operates the sweet shop in town. It was trashed by a troll this summer and is currently closed, but will be open again by the end of the month!

Daffodil Potts and her family own a florist in Hogsmeade too and she knows Finn's Billie, but aside from that, I don't have too much for you unfortunately D: but welcome aboard!

[Image: vVzkgc.png]
Hi, Rissa! I have a number of characters Mara could accost in the streets if she felt inclined:

Edric Umbridge lives in London and is grumpy but not grumpy enough to tell off a child if she bothered him.

Finnian Byrne would likely unknowingly befriend a child if she came up to him.

Handsome Whitledge needs more to do but I'm actually... not... sure... what he'd do if a child approached him in the streets. He could either be nice OR passive aggressive (because he's working out his own #issues)

Edward Macmillan has no desire to speak with a WC child in the streets, but would be too polite to say so.

Ernie Nuffer is a Daily Prophet reporter who would probably give her the "I'll tell you what, kid: life sucks and then you die" conversation if they met in the streets.

this is such a bee-autiful set!
Post Log
Bee!
You can bet that, once it's opened, Mara will pop into the candy store every once in a while. Maybe she won't buy anything...but she'll look! There's also a chance she would know Daffodil, if Daffodil knew her mother from working at Gladrags

Bree!
Mara's grandpa is a lawyer. Perhaps there's some knowledge of his daughter's scandal at the Ministry? Otherwise, Mara doesn't really go to London, preferring Hogsmeade. Mara would probably leave Handsome alone if he said anything remotely rude to her...and if Edward doesn't stop her, she could probably go on a tangent about her cat. Mara would probably say something unintentionally sarcastic to Ernie if he tried, especially because she feels happy usually.
updated with ares

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jon's Networking Thread Charles Caulfield 42 2,165 October 14, 2018 – 11:12 PM
Last Post: Elias Grimstone
Open Mel's Networking Thread Aster Langloire 23 1,815 May 11, 2018 – 9:35 PM
Last Post: Prudence Browne