Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
There's almost always some sort of IC event taking place—simply check out the board calendar to see what's happening! — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

James Montgomery for Ester Montgomery.
Wait, your wife did what?!
It was a pity he wasn't a woman, so then he might have had a chance of seducing his friend and marrying into his pocket, as it happened in the scandalous, poorly written novels that Christobal sometimes painted covers for. Christobal Vainart in Jackie & Wilson
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Participate by filling in YOUR bracket and completing at least one related thread (10+ posts).
>
<

Absences
Need a Portkey?

We get that sometimes, real life comes up and you can’t be as active as you might want. All we ask is that you give us a heads up! Please post below with the following form filled out to the best of your ability, and we’ll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b] Scarce? Absent? Somewhere in between?
[b]Pass:[/b] Yes or No*
[b]Date Leaving:[/b]
[b]Date Returning:[/b]
[b]About the Absence:[/b] Optional.

*ON PASSES: The Activity Check falls on the first Sunday of each month. If your absence includes AC day, or a large chunk of the time leading up to it, let us know if you want a “pass” for that month—meaning your characters won’t be deactivated in that check. Keep in mind, though—if you’ve made a new character that month, you can’t take a pass except for Dire Life Circumstances™. If you do not post with your characters for 2 months in a row, they will be deactivated, even if a pass is claimed.

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact @Ursula Black, @Aldous Crouch, @Cassius Lestrange, @Elias Grimstone, @Amelia Evans, @Elladora Black, or @Elsie Beauregard with any questions, issues, or concerns.

Name: Megara
Status: More Absent, I'll try to be in at least once after I post this
Pass: No
Date Leaving: before today
Date Returning: Unknown
About the Absence: I'm sure everyone knows about coronavirus and related quarantines. My Internet has been having a lot of issues, and I'm a little scared to leave and go to the library like I normally would in such situations, and besides that I'm worried about my grandmother getting sick. I'll try to post when I can, hopefully soon.
[-] The following 5 users Like Albus Dumbledore's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Amelia Evans, Benevolence Montague, Eli Fox, Jupiter Smith
updated 4-18-20

Name: Finn
Status: Scarce/Absent.  I'll likely be in and out in an OOC capacity.
Pass: Yes, just to be safe at this point. Update
Date Leaving:  Probably a week or so ago
Date Returning: We shall see how things go.
About the Absence:  I probably should have posted an absence a while ago, just as a heads up.  There's a lot of emotionally draining things going on that I've mentioned in the cbox.  I'm really struggling to put on a brave face for my wife while her world crumbles, and it's really weighing on me.  There are also a handful of other family members and close friends that I'm doing the same for.  It's exhausting in a way I can't even describe.  It's been very difficult to get into a writing mood or to write for certain characters.  I'll probably get out a few posts here and there, and I'll be popping in to chat.  I basically just can't promise tons of posts right now.  I wish I could because I FINALLY HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD.  Ugh.  Worst timing, anxiety.  If you need/want a specific post from me more urgently, please skype, PM, discord, poke me in cbox, etc.  I'll do my best to make that a priority! 

Anywho.  Stay safe and healthy, everyone. <3

Update: My mother-in-law is likely dying very soon. Maybe from covid19 if the tests come back to say so. Maybe from her other health problems. The doctor said a few days probably. My wife is a wreck because they won't be allowed to see her to say goodbye. I need to concentrate on my wife, right now. I might sporadically post; I might not. I'll probably lurk in the cbox off and on. Please stay safe all, okay?
[-] The following 5 users Like Billie Farrow's post:
   Amelia Evans, Madeleine Backus, Melody Crouch, Meta Lestrange, Sisse Thompsett

[Image: gSiiwYS.png]
Awesome signature by MJ!  Thank yoooou!
Name: Bree
Pass: No Yes (for June's AC!)
Date Leaving: April 18
Date Returning: May 1st (hopefully!) May 30th.
About the Absence: I am sluggish and I am anxious and I am experience a relapse of unhealthy coping mechanisms. I might experience a day of wonderful productivity and then I might disappear for two days. Florida is sort of (?) on lockdown until April 30th, but I assume it will be extended, but until I have my head wrapped about the current situation and my job goes back to normal, I will be a complete mess.

Edit - May 1st: My dad was fired from his job, so he can't collect unemployment unless he wants to hire a lawyer and fight it. We're in a rough situation and the stress is eating me alive. Like before, I may have sudden bursts of a specific muse and whatnot, but I might not be on all the time. They're talking about bringing back more hours for work, which is good but also stresses me tf out because Florida hasn't exactly gotten rid of covid-19 yet >.>

Edit - May 10th: Mental health has taken a hit. I'll probably be lurking, but I probably won't be doing much posting. Sorry if I'm holding up threads :(
[-] The following 3 users Like Holly Scrimgeour's post:
   Adrestia Dantés, Melody Crouch, Meserimus Valenduris

set by MJ <3
Name: Bee
Pass: yes to be safe
Date Leaving: 4/18
Date Returning: 5/31
About the Absence: remote learning has been extended through the end of my school year, which for students ends May 15, for me ends May 22, then we're moving, yay! Needless to say I'm going to be busy, drained of all energy and patience, then moving, so I'm pretty useless until June. Sorry friends!
[-] The following 3 users Like Elsie Beauregard's post:
   Amelia Evans, Melody Crouch, Meserimus Valenduris

[Image: bk9GUs.png]
Name: David
Pass: Yes
Date Leaving: About 2 weeks ago
Date Returning:Whenever my internet connection is more stable, should be about 3 weeks tops
About the absence: My internet connection on my computer has been failing constantly. Thus, I sadly haven't been able to write IC posts for a hot minute now and probably won't for another little while. Data on my phone works fine, but I'd prefer to avoid having to write IC posts on mobile, as that usually just frustrates me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Avery Wilkinson's post:
   Aldous Crouch

[Image: rsz-1mmm.png]
UPDATED!

Name: Kayte
Pass: Probably
Date Leaving: 8th
Date Returning: TBA
About the Absence: Just moved into my new apartment! I should be spending less time online and more time unpacking (hence the notice) but, uh, we'll see how that goes xD
When you solve having too much to do by doing approximately nothing UGH I AM OVER THIS
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aldous Crouch's post:
   Elsie Beauregard

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —

— graphics by lady ❤ —
Name: Olive
Date Leaving: End of last week
Date Returning: May 17th? Idk EDIT: let's call it May 20th
About the Absence: I've hit a rough patch, mentally speaking probably due to impending sharkweek but I could probably use a change of scenery and some more sunlight this week. I'm just moodswinging hard rn basically. I'll probably be fine now that I've posted this xD

Name: Kit
Pass: Nah
Date Leaving: It's been a few days, tbh
Date Returning: May 23-ish?
About the Absence: May is the month of both my Mom's birthday (May 13) and her death (she died a day before her birthday eight years ago) and it generally worsens my depression so I might be very in and out and falling asleep randomly .. I generally get out of the funk after about a week or so <3
[-] The following 4 users Like Roberto Devine's post:
   Amelia Evans, Benevolence Montague, Charlotte Beauregard, William Abbott

magical set by mj!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Name: Beanie
Date Leaving: like a week ago
Date Returning: 5/23
About the Absence: Plague dread etc.
Name: Fallin
Pass: Yes
Date Leaving: 5/19/20 (Really two weeks ago...)
Date Returning: 6/10/20
About the Absence: I've really been struggling this month with everything going on. I was hoping to be on last week or this week but as that's not happening I'm putting this up since it will only get rougher from here with going back to work next week.
Please be safe and well everyone. I miss you. If you need anything skype me.
Love you.
[-] The following 2 users Like Sisse Thompsett's post:
   Charlotte Beauregard, Melody Crouch

[Image: x5VH1p.png]
An amazing signature from Bee <3
Name: Emma
Pass: No (for now may update yes
Date Leaving: Like 2 weeks ago
Date Returning: 6/8 ???
About the Absence: My motivation and focus to post has been nonexistent. Coupled with the house renovation projects I have going on (installing hardwood floors/ building furniture) I'm wiped by the end of the day. Hoping once the flooring is done that I'll be less wiped but we'll see

Update: found out there's something going on with t's heart. Until we have answers I'm going to be a horrible anxious mess. Sorry fam.

Beautiful set credit goes to MJ
[Image: rVeL1F.png]
Name: Kelly
Date Leaving: Today
Date Returning: The 1st of June or so.
About the Absence: I'm really stressed due to family drama. Don't know how much muse I have at the moment.

Magic by MJ!