Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

The Work of the Lord
1st October, 1888

Headmaster Black,

Though my time at Hogwarts ended only recently, I am quite certain you will not remember me, for I do not consider myself a particularly memorable individual. This does not embarrass me, nor does it offend me; indeed, it is merely fact. But still, I write to you as a former student, one who thinks she has something to offer to the pupils that remain under your care.

Doubtless, a gentleman of your scholarly aptitude has heard of Church of Magical Jesus. It is a faith in which I myself have been brought up, and within that face I have found a certainty of my place in the world. While at Hogwarts still, I and some like-minded students did meet with regularity to discuss the particulars of our faith, and we always welcomed newcomers to our gatherings. It is such meetings that I yearn to see continue, and this is the reason I write to you today.

I seek—but do not demand—your permission to return to the castle once each month to meet with those students who would consent; I do not think there is a pupil under your roof who could not benefit from the doctrines of obedience, temperance, and accepting one’s place in the universe. I am certain that if you asked him, Professor Darrow would vouch for my good character and the Hufflepuff matron for my moral propriety: I wish not to lead students astray, but simply to what they have already been blessed with: magic, and a deeper connection to themselves.

I await your response with eagerness, and thank you ardently for even taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,
Blythe Fairchild

The following 2 users Like Blythe Fairchild's post:
   Beatrix Burke, Frida Lestrange

Are You a Believer?Join the Faithful!

— graphics by rune ❤ —
October 4th, 1888

Miss Fairchild,

The nature of your request is quite surprising Miss Fairchild and I'm afraid, difficult logistically. I was not overtly aware that such meetings were taking place in the castle and though I do not doubt your sincerity, the students have quite enough to focus on with their studies and school-sanctioned extracurricular activities.

I however, would be amenable for you to arrange for students, with a predetermined chaperon, to spend some of their scheduled visits to town in such a meeting, in an acceptable public place. This is my only offer and should it be disagreeable to you, I'm afraid I cannot help you.
Regards,
Headmaster Black

Av by MJ
7th October, 1888

Headmaster Black,

I must thank you most ardently for your compromise. While I confess that this is not quite the outcome I had hoped for, I must respect your wisdom and judgment on the matter—after all, if a man so esteemed as yourself does not know what is best for the pupils under his care, then no one does!

Thank you again for your time and ardent consideration. I shall forward along a time and address where I might be met by the interested parties of Hogwarts' collection of students. I extend to you, Headmaster, an open invitation to join us, though of course understand if your busy schedule will not permit it.

With sincere thanks,
Blythe Fairchild

Are You a Believer?Join the Faithful!

— graphics by rune ❤ —

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
View a Printable Version