Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '86
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.
    08.01 Happy August!
    07.31 SWP meets Monthly Grouper in an opportunity to network and get some stamps.
    07.29 AC incoming et al.
    07.28 And the prefects are...
    07.23 Your stamp collection is about to get bigger!
    07.21 Calling in the banners!
    07.15 The rubble has been cleared and deadlines loom!
    07.10 Not one, not two, but THREE more stamps to add to your collection~
    07.09 New Account Change Feature!
    07.09 Disaster strikes!
    07.08 Charmers go above and beyond...
    07.07 Pop-up protest and photobucket things
    07.06 Photobucket emergency! Read me!
    07.04 A plot is afoot ;)
    07.01 July has come! Group threads are coming!
    August 1887
    SWP7 is live!
    08.01 - 08.31 Posting Wizard
    07.01 - 08.31 Camp Charming
    08.09 - 08.16 Adinbury Hunt
    08.14 Anti-Ban Protest
    08.16 - 08.23 Sanditon Regatta
    08.25 Hogsmeade Hall Dance
    And More!

Apollodora Vablatsky
    In Character
    Full Name: Apollodora Delphina Vablatsky
    Nicknames: Dora
    Birthdate: May 24th, 1865
    Current Age: 20
    Residence: Birmingham
    Hogwarts House: Slytherin
    Wand: Arrowwood, 10", supple, sphynx hair. Application of wax renders it very faintly purple.
    Blood Status: Halfblood
    Social Class: Middle
    Family:
    Ephraim Vablatsky | Father [1828]
    Eunice Vablatsky née ----- |  Mother [1840-1880]
    Micajah Vablatsky | Brother [1858]
    Ezra Vablatsky | Brother [1858]
    Cassandra Vablatsky |  Sister [1861]

Gideon Vablatsky | Uncle [1835-1884]
    ---- Vablatsky |  Aunt/Hag [18xx]
    Cassandra “Fern” Vablatsky | Cousin [1865]
    Gabriel Vablatsky | Cousin [1870]

Cassandra Vablatsky née Vablatsky | Great-Grandmother [1765-1872]
    Appearance:
    Before poor Cassie’s accident, I rather fancied that I might have become a professional beauty. At 5’1”, I might not have the height of some of the actresses (not that I’d ever consider becoming one!) but Mother was always saying that I had a very nice figure even without a corset. My hair is blonde and naturally falls in curls to my mid-back when loose, and I have blue eyes that are (in my opinion!) just the right shade to bring out my pale skin. I have a few faint freckles, but thankfully those are very easily hidden with just the tiniest dab of powder. I hold my wand in my right hand but favour my left for writing. Since Father has become determined that I am to continue on the family’s tradition of being a seer, I have been dressing in more and more robes.
    History:
    With a Cassandra already born to my generation by the time I was welcomed into the world in 1865, one elder brother with the sight, and another eager to please my Father’s ambitions, I suppose I must have been put on a bit of a back-burner as a child, though I don’t particularly remember. What I am sure of, however, is that I’ve always wanted to be in the spotlight- a natural reaction, really. What I wanted to be as a child switched repeatedly between being an actress to being a ballerina. Mama always said I was pretty enough for it- though given my cousin Fern, the girl closest in age to me, was quite literally a hag, I doubt even the plainest girl could have been criticized for her looks in comparison.

When I was four, 1869, the twins left for school. I really don’t remember much of this at all, save being very taken with an owl I saw on the platform, and have very little idea of what the houses meant. The year after, 1870, I gain a non-hag cousin. 

1872 finally gets me some of Father’s attention, when I find Grandma Cassandra dead at the bottom of the stairs. In an effort to garner some more attention from him, I claimed that I felt ominous for several hours before the event- a new word I’d just learnt from the dictionary- though I can’t honestly recall if I did or not. Anyway, it doesn’t particularly work that well, because Cassie becomes the Reigning Cassandra, being used as a naming seer for Mama’s Muggle Jewish friends, and then she goes off to Hogwarts in 1873 just to hog even more of the attention. Not long after, I discover the world of the professional beauty in a magazine, and quickly decide that that’s the route I shall take.

In 1876 I finally had my turn at leaving for school, and was almost instantly sorted into Slytherin. Like my siblings before me, in the September of my third year (1878) I take up divination, and muggle studies. I find the latter easy from observing Mama’s friends, though the former (and more important!) is far more challenging. I manage to excel at certain aspects- reading the tarot, for example, or reading tea-leaves- as those simply need a tiny bit of imagination, the ability to read people to some degree, and the memorization of their meanings. I still never have a vision though.

Not having a vision is a massive concern however, seeing as in May Cassie had obliviated herself after receiving her results- she had failed divination. I refused to go the same way before I even started my OWLs, and as luck would have it, my lack of real sight doesn't stop me getting an O.

In 1880 Mama died in a horrific splinching incident. As a result, I still haven’t learnt to apparate, and am never likely to. I finished my education in 1883, having trolled all my exams save divination, where I managed an O. Frankly, I hadn’t even opened my books for my other subjects, as with one elder brother with the sight but uncooperative, and the other willing but without the sight, Father decided it was my job to keep up the family tradition of being seers. 

Uncle Gideon died in 1884 of the Laughing Plague, and as is to be expected of a widowed Hag, his family fell to lower class. Our fortunes were better, and in 1885 Ezra was promoted to assistant head and moved out, and Micajah goes off to sleep rough in a forest or study centaurs or whatever it is he claims to be doing. Father begins touting me as the next big naming seer- a fate I’m not particularly opposed to. In fact, it works rather nicely with my ambition of becoming a professional beauty, marrying rich and then becoming a renowned socialite. At the very least, I hope it’ll be my ticket to some fancy balls and parties.
    Personality:
    Ambitious to the point of recklessness | Loves her family | Not too ethically concerned with giving out false prophecies etc | Learning to become a legilimens to be able to make more specific predictions | Able to read and write ancient greek, and hieroglyphics, to an extent | Good at reading body language | Adaptable
    Out of Character
    Name: Jenny
    [Image: tumblr_m8zc4cHQJM1rv26b3.gif]
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Apollodora Vablatsky's post:
       Odira Potter
    The Vablatskys are known for having the gift. Your character may recognise Apollodora/ her name
    [Image: AoN5gJf.jpg]
    [Image: kZuCust.jpg]

APPLICATION ACCEPTED!

— You should be titled in a few moments. Please post with your new character in the Character Master List thread.

— If you have a playby you would like to claim, you can go here.

— Don't forget to record your character's past position(s) in our history records.

— Not sure where to start? You can introduce yourself in a new topic here and fill out the plottage preferences form so people know what you're interested in.

We also have a buddy system. If you are new to Charming, you will be contacted by your assigned buddy within 48 hours. Once initial contact is made, you can decide whether you'd like to continue to participate in the buddy system or if you'd prefer to figure things out on your own.

Buddy System Leaders:
    Beanie @Cassius Lestrange
    Rosa @Gertrude Baker

— Our Networking Forum is here. You can also hop in on a thread in our Lonely thread list or start an open thread of your own.

— Don't forget to check out our Stamp Station for some extra fun!

— We also have a member submitted and staff run Daily Prophet that reports on in character happenings. Check it out so you can see how it might effect your future plots.

Thanks for deciding to join us, we hope you have a blast! :D
    — Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —
    #kaytesactivethreads

set by the unparalleled lady

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Ephraim Vablatsky Ephraim Vablatsky 1 896 04-06-2016, 09:10 PM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      Micajah Vablatsky Micajah Vablatsky 1 891 03-09-2016, 02:08 PM
      Gabriel Vablatsky Gabriel Vablatsky 1 1,046 01-13-2016, 10:51 AM