Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Copper's Cohort
Open 
Silas Wild

[Image: tumblr_oo00ytzct71seszlro5_250.png]

26|Slytherin Alumni|Working Class|Hogwarts Groundskeeper|Half-Blood

Best Contact: PM

Family
Daniel Lawrence Wild - Father
Cora Anne Wild - Mother
Colton Anderson Wild - Brother (In America)

Early Years
The oldest son of a farming family in a secluded, rural part of England, Silas didn't realize what it really meant to be poor until he was called to Hogwarts and realized how better off so many of his peers were. Before school, he loved learning about the farm from his muggle father and learning how to make that farm work easier by learning spells from his mother. He loved anything outdoors or that involved magical creatures, a trait that carried into adulthood.

Hogwarts
1872-1879
Overall, Silas enjoyed his time at Hogwarts although it did not come with challenges. He was sorted into Slytherin which, being working class and a half-blood made him a bit of a black sheep, but his physical size kept him safe most of the time. As for classes, he excelled in Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures, Astronomy, and Flying, but any class that kept him inside, especially Divination and Arithmancy, were a bore. Silas was social with those that shared his interests, but he did have a loner side that came from feeling different than his wealthier classmates and that made him withdraw. This aversion to closeness comes from his time at Hogwarts and lingers with him still.

Recent History
After finishing at Hogwarts Silas returned home to manage the family farm as his parents aged and his younger brother continued his studies. Within two years of returning home, his parents both passed away from natural causes. Silas decided to keep the farm until his brother finished school. Once Colton graduated they did decide to sell the farm though and Silas decided to accompany his brother to America where a small company had offered Colton a job as a dragonologist. Once his brother was settled in, Silas found the posting for Hogwarts Groundskeeper, applied, and got the job. Now he's back and feeling a bit like a stranger in a place that should feel like him.

Personality Highlights
Honest | Observant | A Bit too Liberal With The Bottle At Times | Cautious
Loyal | Suspicious | A Bit Of A Herbology Nerd | Protective

Looking For
Old Classmates
New Friends
Romantic Interest
Enemies
Drinking Buddies
Troublemakers
Hellooo, Cooper! My name's Bree, but we've talked a few times in the cbox!

Unfortunately my connections are scarce, as I lack both WC males (#whoops) and men in the 24-27 age range (double #whoops). I do have a number of Hogwarts students that he might run into on a few occasions:

Bella Scrimgeour is a WCPB (formerly UCPB) who lives in close proximity to a bunch of dragon-keepers, loves herbology, is known for getting into trouble, and won't turn down a drink. Buuuut their difference in age, upbringing, and with him being at Hogwarts, their opportunities to interact IC are limited at the moment. So... rain check on that? :P

EDIT; OH I HAVE Hudson Podmore. He's the Gryffindor Head of House & CoMC professor, so he's probably a much better option :P
[-] The following 1 user Likes Edric Umbridge's post:
   Silas Wild

this is such a bee-autiful set!
Post Log
Hello! Right now, all I have to offer is Souri here, a fellow WCHB. She and Silas went to school at the same time, but would've been in different years and probably didn't interact much. We could potentially set something up there, though.

Now, she works at the Daily Prophet as a crime and politics reporter. So, few opportunities to interact professionally BUT I think it would be really great for them to meet because I think Souri would really like him. His background is so different from hers that she'd be interested in hearing about it and generally getting to know him in a friendly or hurling (pot. romantic) situation.

She's also really into Herbology, especially as it pertains to cooking and potions making, so that's another point of connection.

Just some general ideas to start! Let me know what you think.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Souri Corcoran's post:
   Silas Wild

[Image: pEyrvX.png]
we've already chatted about Mason, but I also have second year Gryffindor and quidditch enthusiast Sloane Bixby her older brother Rufus Bixby (played by Fallin) was likely near him in school. I also have Asshole Headmaster Extraordinaire ™ Phineas Black he's the asshat of all asshats, he's also your boss :P

Angie Swan is roomies with Alex's Souri and is now a WCHB cursebreaker, she was a UC snot in school tho. I doubt they would have interacted much back then tho. She's uh... always open for flings ;)

My American transplant is Eavan MacKay and is my only other WC character at th emo, she's hoping to guest lecture in CoMC at some point, but she also works at the Podmore Zoo in Irvingly!

[Image: vVzkgc.png]
Like I mentioned in the cbox, I have Angharad here, who will probably have a lot of opportunities to interact with Silas, as she will almost definitely be a regular in detention during her time at Hogwarts. She skips classes on a regular basis and doesn't see any problem with it as she considers it entirely unreasonable to expect her to go to lessons all day. She's also set fast traps (mostly snares, but one metal trap large enough to catch a weasel in the corridors and on the school grounds. She's also probably tried to go into the forbidden forest more than once (whether she's been caught yet or not isn't certain).

I think she'll actually like and probably respect Silas more than most of the staff in the long run (although that isn't saying all that much). He has a job which keeps him outdoors, which makes way more sense to her than one indoors, and he doesn't try to teach her lessons or make her read books, which is very important to her. Aside from detention, there's a very good chance he'll run across her (before and during school hours) setting traps (again, mostly snares) near the edge of the forest

& honor goldwinter

Silas Wild
After reading your networking page, I adore Silas! I had a couple of thoughts that I think would be pretty great to thread out, if you're on board! So perhaps if Honor were to return to Hogwarts to visit an old professor or for some other reason, she could run into Silas and they can start from there? Or perhaps that could have actually occurred in the past, they've become friends and have actually planned to travel to America? Silas could have planned to visit his brother, and Honor could be meaning to visit her mother's side of the family. Of course Honor would also jump at the chance to see some dragons if Silas wouldn't mind a tag-a-long!