Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

December '15

Congratulations to Bee & Beanie for winning November's PW with 120 and 104 posts respectively!

@Elsie Beauregard @Cassius Lestrange

Congratulations to Emily, Lauren MJ and Bee (#yep) on Conquering 2015's NaNo competition! Final results are here! You may claim sets here and grab your stamps here!

If you have questions please PM Bee directly @Elsie Beauregard!

@Eleora Etherium @Helena MacMillan @Elias Grimstone
    words cannot describe this set by Stef ♥
    [Image: oTMsdz.gif]
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]

The activity check is complete!

You may reactivate lost accounts beginning Friday, December 4th at 8:00am EST. The exception is players who do not have any active accounts—they may reactivate one immediately.

Want to know who you’ve lost? (Hopefully no one!) Check out the PB listing.

We lost quite a few to the check due to incomplete or incorrect CML entries. Make sure you've got them right when re-adding them to avoid future deactivations. If you need assistance, you can contact anyone on the staff team. :)

On a different note, just a reminder that you only have until Saturday, December 5th to sign up for this year's Secret Swap!

This is also a heads up that we will be undergoing a small software update sometime this weekend during one of the evenings central time. I'll let everyone know in the cbox prior to when I do so. In between the backup and the update, any posting, PMing or doing anything but reading posts will not be possible. (There may be a time where you can't even read posts, but I don't see this as taking more than an hour or two.) I'll also be installing and updating some new plugins and hopefully finding us a new like system that works the way we need it to. So be prepared for some funky stuff to go on!
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Barnabas Skeeter's post:
       Annette Fontaine
    Barney uses a prosthetic leg and a cane to get around.

[Image: AWqs15D.gif][Image: kZuCust.jpg]

The software update has been completed! I've also got a working "like" plugin installed, however the view in the postbit isn't ideal. I've asked the plugin creator if there is a way to edit that. In the meantime, this is what we've got. Please ignore the dust! I also have a winter skin I'm working on, so be prepared for a few more changes soon

Whaaaaaat new skin finally?!

[Image: tumblr_inline_msz78s0X2c1qz4rgp.gif]

It's set as the default. If your characters are still set on other skins, it's called "Grace 1.8 (Banner by Soph)". You can change it if you go to your User CP in the top banner > Edit Options and in the bottom right corner is the theme selector.

If you find any glitches, please post them in maintenance and tag me in them. Happy Winter!

Kayte's on a cleaning frenzy again—and this time, my victim is the want ads!

I've gone through and tidied the best I could with the information I've been given, and a number of you have been sent PMs/Skype messages to see to things (reposting if from an inactive account and archiving if your entire damn post is struck through xD) within either 48 or 72 hours before I delete them for the sake of cleanliness!

If you didn't get a PM, I'd still advise you to take some time to go through your want ads and see what you still want, what needs updating, etc—start the new year off on an organized note so that you can watch it fall to shambles by the end of February ;)

Remember that if a character has been taken but you want their information saved for posterity, you can request it be archived by posting in the newly resurrected Maintenance thread!

if I could marry Bee I would but I can't so I ship our characters instead.

The new year is fast approaching—and with it, New Year’s festivities! Of the mind that we really don’t want to wake up early on the first and do an Activity Check of all things (and knowing that at the tail end of the month, most of you will also be busy!), the staff team has decided to move the upcoming activity check to December 30th.

As always, make sure that your mini-profile is complete and your CML entry has no errors, or you might find yourself deactivated—and no one wants that!

As you may be aware, occasionally the staff team gets their shit together enough to hold a meeting! We had one such gathering of the minds on Sunday and while many of the results are hush-hush, here are some things you need to know!

Non-Humans: This is a reminder that certain non-human characters—specifically all types except veela and vampires—need only to post once every other month to meet our requirements for activity! You must, however, inform the staff team that you want your character included in this, and any PB you use must be considered sharable (no restrictions). With the AC on the horizon, it’s never too soon to get in touch!

Events: We’re going to be making some changes to the way member-run events are sorted. We want to make sure that players are aware of every event that might take place, but also that the event forums we have get some use. To that end, we will allow members to submit events until the 25th of the month prior*. Between then and the end of the month, we’ll look at the types, dates, and number of events submitted to decide which merit their own forums. We’ll try to be as fair as possible, but a good way to gain a forum is to make your event interesting (“A ball” is not interesting. “A ball on broomsticks” is.) and appeal to as wide an array of people as possible (“People whose surnames start with L” is probably a no, though it’s kind of wacky so I might make a case for it, but you see my point xD). As always, please submit events to @Ellory Pendergast! The official events info page will be updated to reflect the changes in the next few days.

Edit: You can submit events after the deadline for player reference, but they will not be given forums.

*Because we took so long to let you know about this, we’ll accept events until the 27th this month!

Documentations & Organization: Many of our docs are out of date and/or messy, some of our links are broken, new things need to be written, and old things need to be moved. Over the next couple of months, the staff team will be working on getting all of this tidied up. If you have any input—is there information you want but can’t find? Have you found any glaring errors?—please get in touch with @Odira Potter via PM.

Reputation Logs: Hey, did you know they were mandatory? Were you good enough to do them? A slacker like me who never quite got around to it? Either way, this wholly unenforced policy is no more xD Rep logs will still be available for reference and players are encouraged to use them, but we won’t even pretend they are required anymore >.>

Newbie Friendly Threads: We’re still committed to the idea behind them, but feel that newbies weren’t really utilizing them, which in turn made players less likely to throw them up. We’re scrapping this program, but keep your eyes peeled for their replacement! ;) Especially buddies because it may involve you.

(Speaking of buddies, I’m contractually obligated to remind you to contact @Cassius Lestrange or @Gertrude Baker if you’re interested in becoming one!)

The Middle Class: Please remember that employed MC females are not debutantes. They do not need to be chaperoned at work or to and from provided they are in a public area. Chaperones should be obtained for one-on-ones with a man, and would usually be a parent, elder sibling, or married friend. Also middle class males should do their best to find jobs other than Shop Employee #w5487546544538734wehsfddjf. Yes, that’s a number now >.>

And on that note, I’m off to be a productive human being! Merry (almost) Christmas, all! :)

[Image: tumblr_nfpgkbogYt1sj1r3go1_500.gif]

Just stopping by to wish everyone a very happy Christmas from your staff team! May your holiday season be full of joy and good health etc. ;)
    [-] The following 2 users Like Odira Potter's post:
       Aurelia Wallingford, Theseus Greengrass

Given our pushed-up AC this month (remember—it's on Wednesday!) sign-ups for January's Posting Wizard of the Month are now open!
    [Image: 2unuc2b.png]
    set by te

Since the AC was earlier, the PW winner will be announced earlier. Congratulations to Emily for winning with 124 posts! You still have till tomorrow to sign up.

Our Activity Check was completed yesterday (even though January doesn't start until tomorrow xD). Any accounts that were lost can be reactivated starting at noon EST on Saturday!

The forum for Hogsmeade's New Year Festivities is up!

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      December '17 Elsie Beauregard 10 2,680 12-22-2017, 02:52 PM
    Last Post: Elsie Beauregard
      December '16 Henry Berkwood 4 2,404 12-31-2016, 03:40 PM
    Last Post: Elsie Beauregard
      December '14 Cassius Lestrange 14 11,283 12-31-2014, 11:46 PM
    Last Post: Violet MacFusty