Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Holmes Depot

About Holmes

DOB: June 27

PRONOUNS: He / Him

EXPERIENCE: 19 years
COMMITMENTS: Here & Tumblr

Triggers
Notes: These are storylines I will not engage in - I do not judge or care what others do in their playpens, I just prefer to stay clear of these topics for my own sake.

Alcohol: Social drinking is fine. Abuse / self medication is not.
Pregnancy / Miscarriage: Not my thing / Never acceptable.
Sexual Violence: Never acceptable. This includes questionable consent.
Substance Use: Never acceptable. This includes period appropriate laudanum & opiates.
Suicidal Ideologies: My characters may consider it but will ultimately never yield - they may exhibit reckless behaviour but will never deliberately harm themselves. This level is fine provided I and my characters are not expected to play intervention / counselling roles.
Suicidal Actions: Never acceptable.

Squicks
Notes: These are storylines I prefer to avoid - I do not judge or care what others do in their playpens, I'm just not the biggest fan of these.
Extremely Graphic Violence: If it start's reaching Hannibal levels I might scootch out.
Vore: Likely only an issue with werewolves? But just to be safe I'm gonna poke a pass at this as well.

Important Notes
Most, if not all, of my characters will align somewhere along the queer spectrum and may as a result experience bouts of period-appropriate homophobia and fear. This is not reflective of my personal stances, but of the times themselves and the dangers genuinely inherent in such relationships.

I will not engage in romantic storylines without extensive discussion - if I don't feel I can communicate ooc chances are I will not get too invested ic. This does not mean I will not write with people who are uncomfortable with ooc interactions, it simply means I will keep interactions at a surface level.

Template Credits
Thanks to Lynn for the tabs.
Thanks to Charming Staff for headers.
All additional coding in this template is my own work.

Character Name

ORIENTATION: Answer

HOUSE | GRAD YEAR: G/H/R/S | 18xx
MBTI: ????

CLASS: U/M/W

BLOOD | RACE: PB/HB/MB | Vamp/etc

Skill Sets
Animagus: Yes / Form | No
Legilimens: Yes | No
Metamorphmagus: Yes | No
Occlumens: Yes | No
Patronus: Yes / Form | No

Requested Affiliates
Demographic | Priority | Sphere: Demographics | Low - Mid - High | Familial / Social / Colleague

How it applies to the character's needs, why this demographic is applicable.

Demographic | Priority | Sphere: Demographics | Low - Mid - High | Familial / Social / Colleague

Character Name

Skill Sets

Requested Affiliates

William Collins

ORIENTATION: Gay

HOUSE | GRAD YEAR: Ravenclaw | 1882
MBTI: INFJ-A

CLASS: Middle

BLOOD | RACE: Pureblood | Human

Magical Skills
Animagus: No
Flying: Broom Assisted - Not Adept
Legilimens: No
Metamorphmagus: No
Occlumens: Yes
Patronus: Yes / Corporeal Albatross
Mundane Skills
Languages: English, French, Greek, Latin
Literacy: Advanced

Requested Affiliates

Demographic | Priority | Sphere: Gringotts & Ministry | Mid | Colleague

William is a Curse Breaker who is presently in between assignments for Gringotts, following a two year posting in the Bahamas. He is currently located out of Portsmouth and consults with the Aurors Office when applicable cases arise. He likely has a small network within the Ministry of individuals whom he has consulted with on his own cases, or aided with their work. His specialty areas are somewhat regional as a result of his posting ( he has a wealthy understanding of Obeah curses that has occasion to come in handy ) as well as an exceptional talent for cryptography and arithmancy related issues.

Demographic | Priority | Sphere: Hogwarts Students | High | Social

William attended Hogwarts throughout the 1875-1881 school years, and would be in need of retroactive developments and discussions to establish friendships and rivalries as needed. This would be the bulk of his background networking, and is a high priority for establishing his footing throughout the site. He would have kept in contact with close companions while he was overseas, and would have been sure to reach out to them when he returned.

I would like to engage William in the emotional and political landscape of the wizarding world as it has been established here on Charming, and so I will be more than happy to engage with his particular demographic / age group.

Demographic | Priority | Sphere: St. Mungo's | Mid | Familial

William's father was a prolific workaholic who spent far more time at work than he ever did observing his own son - and when he wasn't attending to his duties at the hospital, chances were he was working from home assisting everyone from sick sailors to duellists suffering grievous and difficult to explain injuries. On occasion Geoffrey would bring William to work with the intention of attending him later, and completely forget.

Chances are there are staff from St. Mungo's who knew him as a child or are simply familiar with his father. They could be aware of the family troubles from when William was young, or not - they could also be sympathetic to his loss, or opinionated about his career choice. These would likely be people more his father's age, whose opinions and favor may matter to him out of familial and familiar obligations, or even individuals who took an interest in his welfare when he was younger that he holds in high regard today.

Alternatively, they may be judgemental of his father and by extention of William himself. They may not have taken well to his occasional abandonment in the hospital, or they may consider Geoffrey's charitable works to be questionable. They could have been among those who spread malicious rumor regarding the death of William's mother, and could potentially be individuals with whom he is at sharp odds with on account of their condescension toward him and his family.  

Character Name

Skill Sets

Requested Affiliates

Hello again, Holmes! I have a few options for you :P

Edric Umbridge was promoted to Head Auror in June, but has been working in the auror department since 1874.

Finnian Byrne works in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement as a lawyer, but is...less than useful sometimes. He tried to become an auror, but was forced from the Auror Training Program after failing to find a mentor in his second year and ended up going down the lawyer career path to appease his family!

Ernie Nuffer is a Daily Prophet intern and I have no specific ideas, but somehow I just feel like he might go seeking out curse-breakers in an attempt to "prove himself worthy".

All my characters are listed in the Character Directory, but my Post Logs have a general overview of each that you can scan through without having to click through twenty-something links!

bee made me this set and i love it
Post Log
Hi Holmes! I'm Beanie, welcome to Charming!

I would LOVE to thread Cash here w/ William. Cash was 3 years below him in Ravenclaw, but his best friend Angie Swan is also a Cursebreaker, so I can see them running back into each other through her or through the pureblood social scene?

I also have both skype and discord if you'd like to chat!

I think I have more for you but I have to scoot off to work now so I'll be back later ^^

MJ made this!
Hello!

So firstly, I have a cursebreaker that could be/become a friend of William's! David Pettigrew he's a couple years older than William and was a Gryffindor from 71-78 so there's a handful of years of school overlap there. He's a bit quirky in his own way, not really classist or purist though he is a Pureblood. He, however, is awful with women and screws things up that way quite frequently. He's much more of a "bro" type and builds friendships easily.

Agrimony Macnair is even closer in age but had a late birthday so started school a year after William. He was a Ravenclaw though so they could easily become friends! He's a bit of a paranoid delusional simply because he found out his mother has tried poisoning him on many occasions and succeeded in killing his twin during one such occasion. As it is, he hardly remains in one "home" for long but has one main residence in London where he does a lot of his potioneering types of things.

Fletcher Langley is my healer at St. Mungo's! I'm open to anything there in regards to William there. He keeps to himself at work and takes his job very seriously though so he may have been a bit oblivious to anything his father did/didn't do while at St. Mungo's.

I have both skype and discord if you'd like to discuss things further!

Un-BEElievable Bee Set
[Image: peYKwW.png]
Bella Scrimgeour I feel like Edric would be a delight to pit William in a thread with, particularly if we could come up with a consultation / project for them to work on together? They have personalities that have as much potential to balance well together as they do to clash, so ensuring they have a reason to maintain interaction might be smart in the event they end up a bit discordant with one another - in the event they work well together though, that will be a great networking opportunity for both parties.

Oh no, poor Finnian! That can't have been a fun consolation option - good on him for managing it all the same though, its not like being a lawyer is easy. William could perhaps consult with him - perhaps a case involving some cursed objects that are tied in via circumstantial evidence - idk if Finnian is prosecution or defense, but William could be called in to determine whether or not the magical signatures are consistent enough to have all been built by the same person? ( Like checking a bomb for the maker's signature type thing ) Thus affecting the case one way or the other depending on the need?

Ernie sounds adorable and like he would either amuse William or exasperate the ever loving heck out of him which naturally means we have to figure out something for them to do. William is - insatiable when it comes to solving the riddles inherent in curses so if Ernie brought him something that would set them off no problem; alternatively if Ernie started shadowing him that could lead to a confrontation - William is a rather private person and would want to know what he's done to attract a journalist's attentions - which could, in turn, lead to interesting conversation if Ernie brings up his interest in cursebreaking - its one area where William can speak a mile a minute without feeling self conscious!

Cassius Lestrange I've read up on Cash and - my goodness he cannot catch a break for the life of him, can he? ( Not too certain we can consider Tiberius 'catching a break' - that all smells wild fishy ) I imagine William would not be even remotely abreast of matters - beyond perhaps the death of Alexandria. I feel the impalement of a Lestrange matriarch would warrant some reaction from the pureblood community, and William would have been around at that time - likely the only time they might have brushed with their age gap until after his return from the Bahamas, and consequent position as a somewhat-freelance cursebreaker, I think?

On the plus side of this, they would be peripheral enough to be aware of one another but hardly close enough to pass any true judgements, so Cash would be spared a great deal of scrutiny toward any signs of depression or paranoia; William, while observant, is far from the sort to comment on such things or even be particularly bothered by them. He may be sympathetic depending on circumstance though, so chances are they may end up with a surprisingly decent rapport - I'd be more than happy to hammer out some ideas on discord if you would like to kick me yours - my privacy settings are Dont Touch Me so ah, I can't be added unless I add you first xD

Fortuna Lockhart Ohh - you know, as David would have graduated three years ahead of William chances are they met during William's internship? Perhaps that could be where we build them off from - William is so circumspect but he warms to people with big personalities rather easily, which can lead to the occasional awkward attempt at joking and behaving like a normal person, which is - absolutely good for him, I'm sure xD They might also have kept in touch while William was posted abroad, which could be interesting as well.

Is it really paranoid when there is evidence of crimes against you though? That would be William's stance on that situation, depending on how much of it he became privy to. If they do become friends chances are discovery of this will result in ( potentially unwanted ) protectiveness on William's part, as he tends to be rather - defensive of his 'own' as it were.

And after looking into Fletcher - he would have been an intern when William was 11 so chances are they have absolutely crossed paths. Generally speaking William would be on the Spell Damages ward but - kids - wander.... And serious a child though William was he was absolutely not exempt from doing this xD There could potentially be some 'kid on the loose' encounters when William was younger, and depending on the rapport built there might lead to William seeing Fletcher as someone he can talk to - possibly even consult with while he is overseas via letters? Definitely something I'd be happy to hammer out; same note on the discord though, I'll need to add you xD;
Ahhh I love all your thoughts! My discord is Beanie#8812, I also should definitely be set to searchable so you should be able to add me :D

MJ made this!
It all sounds fab! My discord is Hawke.raine#2588

Un-BEElievable Bee Set
[Image: peYKwW.png]
I've sent requests off to both of you! This does make me wonder though - is there a discord group chat for Charming?
Hi Holmes! I'm Jackie!

Thaddeus Davies is my resident dorky Magical historian! He is a curator at the Museum of Magical Miscellany and would be super interested in picking William's brain about Obeah curses. Thad also likes things like Plato and Ancient Runes and idk, I could just see them getting along and having some shared interests.

I'm new to the discord game, but my ID is jackieinthebox if you'd like to add me! :)

Rotating avatars courtesy of Bree! <3