Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

A Day's Work
Open 
September 15th, 1888 — Private Residence in the Slums*

“It should be all better in two, perhaps three days,” Cyrus offered with a reassuring smile as he put away his supplies. “Doxy bites are unpleasant, but a reaction like this is only caused by a true allergy to them.”

The patient’s arm had swelled to thrice its normal size, which would have been quite alarming had the cause of the wound not been swiftly identified. The healer was quite certain it was uncomfortable, but would not be at all dangerous unless the wound became infected. That was, though, something of an “unless”—the smell of the house suggested an infestation of bundimuns, and Cyrus had had to dab rosewater under his nostrils on entry to stomach the task at hand. Even with that precaution taken, he would be glad to leave this place.

“You’ll be able to change the dressing?”

* Will move to Pennyworth if that’s where your character/their relative (if not them) lives

MJ is pretty nifty @ graphics, if I do say so myself!
Owain had not been sure what his cousin had needed when he had OWLed Owain and asked if he could come stay with him for a few days. Turned out he needed someone to help him around which Owain had not been wholy pleased with. The stench in his cousins abode was horrendous. 0

His cousin had always been a touch intolerable and this trait was only worsened by his condition. "I'll be here to help him with that," Owain assured, his cousin somewhat already dismissing the healers presence. "Is he unable to do anything for himself in the meantime?" Owain was not going to allow himself to take advantage of but if his cousin did truly need the help, he would buck up.

avs by bee!
“Love love love is my crime. So baby come catch me and let's do the time.
I think we might be outlaws. I think I might be in love.”
The smile he gave the lad was fleeting and perfunctory, though he was relieved the patient had someone on hand to provide assistance—many, in Cyrus’ experience, were not so lucky.

“There is no reason he should not be able to take care of his most basic needs without assistance,” the healer explained, “but it will do him good to have a second pair of hands about to ensure his condition doesn’t worsen. Do you live in the area?”

At first, Owain was relieved but that didn't last long as the healer said that it would do his cousin good to have a second pair of hands around. Ugh, he had been dreading hearing the healer say something like that. "I don't but I'll be staying here with him until he gets better. Family, you know," Owain said with a bit of a shrug.

avs by bee!
“Love love love is my crime. So baby come catch me and let's do the time.
I think we might be outlaws. I think I might be in love.”
He did know—or rather, he had known once. He gave a small, empty smile, for while he understood the notion, it had been far too long since he had had a similar experience.

“In that case, I shall remind you to send for me, should his condition worsen,” Cyrus informed the younger wizard. “Even a slight decline can be a harbinger of much worse to come—though I do not expect either.”