Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Love in the Dark
Private 
Please don't fall apart
I can't face your breaking heart
I'm trying to be brave
Stop asking me to stay

October 7th, 1883 — Belby Residence, London

Packing with an arm in a sling—it had still not quite healed, though it had been three weeks now since his accident—had posed difficult, but not impossible. Ephraim hadn’t needed to bring much, after all, just some clothes and a few books. His great-grandfather’s pocket watch had been left in the family vault, intended for Archer’s seventeenth birthday. He doubted his father and brothers would take kindly to him taking it with him, under the circumstances. Staisfied that his task was done, the wizard allowed the top of the trunk to fall closed just as Eloise entered the room they had, until today, shared.

It was cowardly, he knew, but he had not told her yet. She might have seen it coming, of course—he was a beast now, an unemployed beast. He was no good for her, just as he was no good for the children. Through the entire ordeal, his incomparable wife had been his greatest champion as he had lost first his reputation, then his job, then all contact with his natal family. She would not, he knew, take this news well, but Ephraim hoped that in time, Eloise would realize that it was what was best—best for her, for Aria, and for Archer.

“Eloise,” he greeted gently, the warm smile on his lips tempered by the sad look in his eyes.

MJ is pretty nifty @ graphics, if I do say so myself!
Ephraim's injury had been unexpected. She would be lying if she hadn't said she struggled with it, but not once had she ever thought that they would not figure it out somehow. They had been together since they were young. Of course they would weather it together - there was no other option to be considered. So she'd thought, up until the very moment she walked into their bedroom to the sight of him with a packed bag.

She abruptly stopped in the doorway, half in shock and half blocking him from leaving with her arms braced against either side, "You've packed." Perhaps he was just... Eloise struggled to come up with any feasible reasons that he had packed a bag and wasn't leaving them. She had thought that they'd had a plan for the full moon. She'd been acquiring supplies in the cellar. It didn't come cheap - especially without any income - but it was a necessity.

She could have believed he would only be leaving for a few days, but that look in his eyes was one she hadn't seen before. It held a note of finality to it that brought a sting with an aftertaste of nausea. Her face paled but rather than tear up in sadness, her heart-pounded in fury.

MJ is the queen