Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

To all the girls I've loved before...
Finlay Connolly is a hopeless romantic who fancies himself in love with a new girl almost every other week. He just loves love and romance and has a lot of feelings, but is horribly awkward and likely never actually makes his feelings known to the girls.

The Plot
If you haven't seen the Netflix movie To All the Boys I've Loved Before and plan to watch it, stop reading now or you'll get spoilers. I watched it and I loved it so much that I want to do a plot like that.

Finlay has a storage box of love letters he wrote to all of his crushes over the years - all the way from the first one when he was just nine years up until now. Someone discovers these letters (Finnian Byrne or Maeve Connolly?) and sends them all out!

He doesn't realize it until these girls are contacting him or showing up at work to either reject him or react.

I want to include as many ladies as possible, married or not whom he could have been in contact with at some point in his life. She just needs to be female and have an admirable quality - just one. ACAB. He doesn't have a type. xD

Fin's quick history:
Birthdate: December 2nd, 1861
Occupation: Magical Bugs Healer, Hogsmeade Hospital started in 1880
Blood Status: Halfblood
Residence: County Galway, Ireland (Has lived there his whole life outside of Hogwarts)
Hogwarts House: Gryffindor, years 1873 - 1880
Hobbies: Budding herbologist so frequents shops regarding that and hosts a once monthly club meeting in Padmore Park, though that stopped during Fogsmeade

How it'll go down
Comment here or PM me if your girl fits any of the above categories and you want to participate in this plot. I'll send the letter on Finlay's account and we can go from there. She could write him back or we could have a thread. Or she could ignore it and her husband/beau finds it... or child... what have you! Please don't respond unless you'd like to have at least 1-3 threads about it.

[Image: xU9tKc.png]
set by Bee
I have the lovely Henrietta Davis who probably would never have noticed a crush, but might find it interesting that someone would have one on her.

I also have Nectar Shinnick who he could have met around Hogsmeade. She has this spark to her, and is fun loving. She might actually entertain the idea of a romance, so that could turn out cute or awkward.

wanted to give you multiple options

The following 1 user Likes Acacia Darlington's post:
   Prudence Browne

Magic by Elaine!

HELLO, IT IS I.

Finnian would 100% send them out, it's maybe the most Finny-ish thing ever.

LADIES. I have few of them:
    Bella Scrimgeour started school in 1880, but I also HC'd that she'd have been a part of the Herbology Club!
    — @"Dionisia Tweedy" is a mediwitch at Hogsmeade Hospital.
    Dolores Diggory is a married woman who graduated as a Gyffindor in 1884.
lmao yep, those are my options.

The following 1 user Likes Finnian Byrne's post:
   Prudence Browne

set by MJ!
Post Log
Ugh I love that movie. <3

I have Immie here! She was two years above him in school (1871-'76 dropout), but in the same house! Immie, herself, is a budding Herbologist, and I think I remember establishing that she attends the monthly meetings, as well. So there's a few ways to go about this!

The following 1 user Likes Imogen MacFusty's post:
   Prudence Browne

Please send all alerts to Imogen MacFusty, thank you! <3
[Image: KZfEaXN.png]
graphics made by the talented MJ
I offer Roslyn Ross and Elinor Goyle as tribute.

The following 1 user Likes Aldous Crouch's post:
   Prudence Browne

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
Loved that movie! I have @"nimiane bellchant" she is about the same age, did not attend Hogwarts, but her brother did, so that may be one way he'd have been in contact. Until this year she was out socially. She is around irvingly mainly but that's in the last two years. He have may have fun into her when her mother was sick with the plague or around Hogsmeade.

I also have @"Lucille flint" if you would like but shes 19.

The following 1 user Likes Sisse Thompsett's post:
   Prudence Browne

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3
Veronica Gallivan was two years ahead of him
Iris Cattermole isn't finished yet but they were in the same year if my math is correct and also works as a healer but in St. Mungo's
Anais Beaumont is younger but she's my only adult herb nerd. They could have met while shopping or something.

The following 1 user Likes Katherine Midford's post:
   Prudence Browne
Abi is 21, but she would love a crush/fling/thing. She was a Gryffindor as well, but now spends her time as a debutante. She lives in Irvingly with her mother.

The following 1 user Likes Abigail Langley's post:
   Prudence Browne
Ugh I want to offer people but my options are all kinda hopeless. If you think one works, have at it? >.>

Sarah Townsend is an actual lovely human being and might have bumped into him around Hogsmeade or been a patient at some point? She's been married for years, but maybe he was unaware of that? Porphyria Dempsey is around his age but is bffs with Nat and would be likely to stab him regardless. If you can find one admirable quality about @"Calliope Riley", go for it. And now I also have Leila Scott who is a) a werewolf b) hasn't been around for the last few years and c) is also very unfriendly.

/here I was like "oh man I have never had so many female characters", and welp

look ANOTHER beautiful bee!set <3
Oh I guess I also have this gal. He'd likely have seen her around the hospital before if nowhere else!

If I could marry Bee I would but I can't so I ship our characters instead.
(September 15, 2018 – 1:02 AM)Acacia Ruskin Wrote:  I have the lovely Henrietta Davis who probably would never have noticed a crush, but might find it interesting that someone would have one on her.

I also have Nectar Shinnick who he could have met around Hogsmeade. She has this spark to her, and is fun loving. She might actually entertain the idea of a romance, so that could turn out cute or awkward.

wanted to give you multiple options
I think Henrietta is more his speed, but I'm not sure how they could have met. Any suggestions?

(September 15, 2018 – 1:10 AM)Finnian Byrne Wrote:  HELLO, IT IS I.

Finnian would 100% send them out, it's maybe the most Finny-ish thing ever.

LADIES. I have few of them:
    Bella Scrimgeour started school in 1880, but I also HC'd that she'd have been a part of the Herbology Club!
    — @"Dionisia Tweedy" is a mediwitch at Hogsmeade Hospital.
    Dolores Diggory is a married woman who graduated as a Gyffindor in 1884.
lmao yep, those are my options.

Dionisia would be fun! That could be a recent one too.

(September 15, 2018 – 4:33 AM)Imogen MacFusty Wrote:  Ugh I love that movie. <3

I have Immie here! She was two years above him in school (1871-'76 dropout), but in the same house! Immie, herself, is a budding Herbologist, and I think I remember establishing that she attends the monthly meetings, as well. So there's a few ways to go about this!

Fin had a ton of crushes in school, so I think this would fit well! They would have had OWL herbology together and he could have fancied her before that. He'd likely write his letter after he learned she dropped out when he came back for his 4th year.

(September 15, 2018 – 11:28 AM)Aldous Crouch Wrote:  I offer Roslyn Ross and Elinor Goyle as tribute.
I vote Elinor! They would have gone to school together for most of it, so a school boy crush would be ace.

(September 15, 2018 – 11:54 AM)Sisse Thompsett Wrote:  Loved that movie! I have @"nimiane bellchant" she is about the same age, did not attend Hogwarts, but her brother did, so that may be one way he'd have been in contact. Until this year she was out socially. She is around irvingly mainly but that's in the last two years. He have may have fun into her when her mother was sick with the plague or around Hogsmeade.

I also have @"Lucille flint" if you would like but shes 19.

I like Lucille's personality! <3 Would she have been at the hospital for anything before? (His patient would be amazing but might be a stretch.)

(September 15, 2018 – 12:35 PM)Katherine Midford Wrote:  Veronica Gallivan was two years ahead of him
Iris Cattermole isn't finished yet but they were in the same year if my math is correct and also works as a healer but in St. Mungo's
Anais Beaumont is younger but she's my only adult herb nerd. They could have met while shopping or something.
Veronica could be fun! :D Iris is already spoken for I like the idea of it being from when they were at Hogwarts together.

(September 16, 2018 – 12:25 AM)Abigail Langley Wrote:  Abi is 21, but she would love a crush/fling/thing. She was a Gryffindor as well, but now spends her time as a debutante. She lives in Irvingly with her mother.
Unfortunately I'm not totally sure how they would know each other. Any ideas?

(September 17, 2018 – 12:22 AM)Elias Grimstone Wrote:  Ugh I want to offer people but my options are all kinda hopeless. If you think one works, have at it? >.>

Sarah Townsend is an actual lovely human being and might have bumped into him around Hogsmeade or been a patient at some point? She's been married for years, but maybe he was unaware of that? Porphyria Dempsey is around his age but is bffs with Nat and would be likely to stab him regardless. If you can find one admirable quality about @"Calliope Riley", go for it. And now I also have Leila Scott who is a) a werewolf b) hasn't been around for the last few years and c) is also very unfriendly.

/here I was like "oh man I have never had so many female characters", and welp

Sarah plz! We could have had her as a patient for a magical bug, perhaps? I like the idea of him knowing she was married, which was why he never sent the letter.

The following 1 user Likes Prudence Browne's post:
   Katherine Midford

set by Bee
(September 17, 2018 – 12:48 AM)Odira Potter Wrote:  Oh I guess I also have this gal. He'd likely have seen her around the hospital before if nowhere else!

Haha I'll trade Elinor for Odira. She was in the hospital for a stint wasn't she? Or has she been there to visit Bax?

set by Bee
For @"lucille flint"

Perhaps in the last year she got sick with a bug while meeting with her friend in Hogsmeade and ended up at the hospital for a night? I could make that work if needed.

The following 1 user Likes Sisse Thompsett's post:
   Prudence Browne

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3
(September 17, 2018 – 12:59 AM)Prudence Browne Wrote:  Fin had a ton of crushes in school, so I think this would fit well! They would have had OWL herbology together and he could have fancied her before that. He'd likely write his letter after he learned she dropped out when he came back for his 4th year.

That's perfect! ^.^

The following 1 user Likes Imogen MacFusty's post:
   Prudence Browne

Please send all alerts to Imogen MacFusty, thank you! <3
[Image: KZfEaXN.png]
graphics made by the talented MJ
As for Ms. Langley, she's been spending a lot of time at the zoo trying to snoop on her brother and his lady friend. She could have easily caught something/been scratched, etc. I would love to have her sick anyways!!

(September 18, 2018 – 12:14 AM)Abigail Langley Wrote:  As for Ms. Langley, she's been spending a lot of time at the zoo trying to snoop on her brother and his lady friend. She could have easily caught something/been scratched, etc. I would love to have her sick anyways!!

Do you think she could have been sick a bit ago? I'm looking to send these letters out during the next few days so them meeting would be assumed already. Smile

set by Bee

View a Printable Version