Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Second String Admirers
Open 
September 2nd, 1888 - Hogwarts, Great Hall

It was weird, almost surreal, being back at Hogwarts. Somersby had looked forward to it all summer, and yet... after the venture into Irvingly he almost felt as if Hogwarts were too safe for him. Like someone had placed training wheels (or the Victorian equivalent) on him and sent him back to study somewhere he couldn't be harmed. The venture itself had shown him that he really did need to come back, it was driving him to get back in the classroom and start learning again, but part of his mind felt this could be done out in the real world too.

Somersby was lost in his thoughts as he made his way down to supper. Classes would start tomorrow and it almost seemed to him it would be better than just lingering around the castle. Although, he'd admit it was good to catch up with his housemates.

He had almost made it to the Great Hall when a young girl, likely a third year and certainly not a Ravenclaw, almost ran into him. She looked up to him with her big eyes and a giant smile. "Hi Mr. Fudge, I wanted you to have this." With that the girl thrust a card into his hand and scurried off before he could really question it, leaving him staring after her before remembering the card in his hand. He'd look at it later he determined as he started to walk - only to walk right into someone. Merlin's beard he hoped they hadn't seen that exchange - whatever it was.
Being back at Hogwarts with what had gone down over the summer with Leah was... odd. Things felt different somehow, like she'd come back and all of the furniture had been shifted an inch to the left. It could have been the fact that she was now the Quidditch Captain and had the Beater position she'd been coveting for years. It could have also been the fact that she'd realized the reason why she was so terrified of marriage - she was attracted to women.

"Oh!" She exclaimed as someone bodily bumped into her. Typically it took a bit to ruffle her since she was taller than the majority of Hogwarts' student population, but this someone was just as tall as she. She withdrew from her thoughts to recognize her friend Holliday's brother.

"Mr. Fudge, I apologize - I didn't see you there. How was your summer? Er.. silly question. I know quite a bit about how it went. I was at the Sanditon for most of it, with your sister. She was quite a mess when that Witch Weekly article came out about how you were destined to die. I'm so relieved that you've made it back safe and sound," Pru prattled cheerfully.
The student in question was none other than Holliday’s friend Miss Browne. Somersby didn’t know her terribly well, but she seemed a kind enough girl - if talkative. “It’s quite alright” He started but she didn’t let him get a word in edgewise.

Finally she took a breathe so he could answer her. “I’m glad to have made it back safe and sound as well.” Somersby chuckled with a shrug, wondering if Ben were getting quite this much attention. “Although I admit it made for rather an interesting summer. How was your time at Sanditon?” Perhaps she’d continue to prattle on and not even note what had transpired before he ran into her - if she had even noticed at all in the first place.