Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

I don't go looking for trouble, trouble finds me
Private 
September 9th, 1888, just after the Slytherin Quidditch Tryouts — Outside the Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch

After her run-in at the pitch with Eldin Bones, she'd slinked off the moment that tryouts had ended and tried to slip back to the castle unseen by anyone else - especially Leah. She'd told her she wasn't going to come and yet had somehow found herself sat upon the bleachers anyhow. It was likely Leah hadn't even noticed her there and there would be no explaining to do. With her hood pulled up over her head, she distanced herself from the crowd of spectators heading up toward the castle in fear that someone would recognize her.

It was too little too late when she heard footsteps coming up behind her - at a run - and felt the hood of her cloak wrenched back. Her face was hit with the chill of early autumn. The top of her hair was frizzed from the cloak, giving her a distinctly disheveled appearance.

Eyes wide, she spun around, ready to lay into whoever had destroyed her disguise, "Excuse me!" Her ferocity was immediately extinguished at the sight of the one person she had hoped not to see staring accusingly at her. "Lee! You surprised me!" She laughed guiltily, "Funny running into you here. What are you up to?"
After hearing of Kristoffer Lestrange's treatment towards her Prudence, her best friend, Leah had swore that she would get revenge. The only problem was, Kristoffer Lestrange was older, taller, stronger, and more powerful than her with that little prefect badge stuck to his robes, and she - well, she was just little Miss Beauregard. Without any solid ideas for revenge, Leah had started at the most obvious - yet the most unassuming, from an outsider's perspective - starting point: quidditch tryouts.

Kristoffer Lestrange was the captain, and if she managed to get on the team, she could sabotage their games (subtly, she hoped, as she really had no desire to get booed by the stands of Slytherin) simply to ruin his chance of racking up more accolades. She'd barked with laughter when hearing that he'd been passed over for head boy - and she didn't even have to do anything to ruin his chance at that!

She'd also warned Prudence to stay away from him during the carriage ride to the castle, but unsurprisingly, the Gryffindor - brash as impulsive, as if she was just itching to prove the stereotype true - had followed her.

She'd taken the first opportunity to leave that she could, fortunately catching up with with oh so mysterious figure right as she was leaving the pitch. She yanked her hood off their head, no doubt that the figure was that of Pru, and silently congratulated herself at the revelation that she'd been right.

"Pru," she scolded, folding her arms across her chest. "You know what I told you."

Post Log
"What do you mean?" She giggled nervously again and shrugged innocently, "I don't remember you telling me anything. I was practicing memory charms earlier. Think I may have done some incorrectly."

Prudence knew that Lee would call her out immediately for the lie, but found it amusing nonetheless. It was more fun to tiptoe around her mistake than to openly admit to it. Besides, on the off chance that her best friend actually believed her, this was something that she might be able to get away with. Too bad she wasn't actually practicing her memory charms. It would have come in handy just now and Leah wouldn't even remember seeing her here...